Naoko's news, views and shoes thread

It's that time of the week again, when I get my glimmer of free time.

Hello, Naoko. Nice to see you're back in these parts. Methinks I am on your to-review list as well. I look forward to reading it.

On a bright note, I try writing a few hundred words every Sunday. It'll probably be months before I have anything worthy of submission, but it's something that keeps me sane amidst the endless lines of code I churn out.

I forgot to mention that I still know nothing about food and wine (unless it's junk food).
 
Never mind the blog for a moment. Where are the pics of the boots?! :)
But do you think the ^^ powers upstairs would let me edit my old series and slip on a condom?
 
I think I went on a date with a girl once who said pretty much exactly the same thing . . . .

:devil:

You are just temptation on a plate, arencha :devil::heart:


:eek:, I wondered why all my safe sex lectures had gone in one furry ear and out the other. Never mind we are very fond of the kitten we kept. Have to keep an eye on the calendar and not let her slip through the safe sex by spaying window, mind.
:cathappy:
 
My problem with Naoko is the bait and switch. She didn't write reviews as promised. Its not her nature to be critical. Its her nature to schmooze.

Obviously you don't know what the blog is all about. She gave reviews to achieve just what she wanted them to do. To draw young readers into safe sex erotica. Sorry that you missed the point. It's not about how good a story is or was, it is about the safe sex. That erotica can be written from that point of view.

You boys are quite right. My aim is not so much to criticise the stories, although I try to do a bit of that, as to offer young people (and some older people) a set of good erotic stories which will also give them tips about how to get on safely in the world. I tell them what will be in the stories and I do it enthusiastically cuz JBJ is right, I am a lover not the other thing ;).

As I explain to my students, criticism is not all about saying: You did this WRONG! I HATED that bit. I saw a Grayson Perry cartoon the other day in which critics are presented as a pair of scissors. (OK, artists are presented as a cut off finger, LOL.) I don't think that about criticism. I started writing critique for black gay and lesbian artists. Nobody wrote about them because nobody could understand the politics from which they were writing their material. They were delighted to get any feedback at all. For them criticism was like a structure which they could use to guide the development of their art. It was like food for the hungry.

Criticism is about discussing what worked and what didn't. It's also about talking through where pieces might have come from and what experiences readers might be drawing on in what they get from a piece of writing. I would not bother to critique 50 Shades of Grey because it's a pernicious piece of rubbish which draws on the way women are suppressed and told to be silly young naive student-y types, and hope for a man who is a tortured millionaire who will knock them around a bit if they are lucky.

I did like JBJ's Norma and would have liked to review it. As I have commented before, JBJ has a Hemingwayesque style, spare and lean. I couldn't review it because it doesn't have safe sex.

TXRad's Deer Island, and the two BD stories I review have elements which would make the 50 Shades of Grey readers pop their eyes open too, and lucky for me they do have safe sex so I could write about them on my site.

Never mind the blog for a moment. Where are the pics of the boots?! :)
But do you think the ^^ powers upstairs would let me edit my old series and slip on a condom?

Oh, I have pix of boots around somewhere :devil: but remember that I have the thundering thighs of an ex-hooker - I mean the rugby playing kind ;).

I am sure you can edit your stories and resubmit, however why not write some new ones? If you have any I can review, do PM me or put a note in here where everyone can see it and go read. Now that Piglet is back in the sacred grove of Academe and Outlaw Dad has been told in no uncertain terms never to get behind the wheel of a car again, and I have the glasses which make me look so stern and academic (if only!), I can read again!
:rose:
 
I forgot to mention that I still know nothing about food and wine (unless it's junk food).

Awww :heart::rose::heart:, good to see you are popping in now and then still. I will look out that last story; I got halfway through it then had to put it aside when the sh** hit the fan - almost literally (yuck). And I felt a bit sad to think you wouldn't be working on it.

Gah, I cannot believe you are still so ignorant about the finer things of life after all my careful tuition! At least you will not chew gum with your champagne, even if you did create that villain so evil you made him order champagne with beef ravioli. And perhaps one day you will finally give one of your heroines a handbag. I had high hopes of Damian's mother.
:heart:
 
I take that as acquiescence that you'll at least check out the official thread once it's up. ;)

You know me - I am easy. :devil:

LOL, I promise to look at the thread you've got going at the moment v. soon. Maybe tomorrow. Never on a Sunday, LOL. (Well, I sneak on sometimes early in the morning when only the cats are around. I feel they are already corrupted so I don't worry about them seeing Bramblethorn's naughty video clip.)
:catroar::nana::catroar:
 
You know me - I am easy. :devil:

LOL, I promise to look at the thread you've got going at the moment v. soon. Maybe tomorrow. Never on a Sunday, LOL. (Well, I sneak on sometimes early in the morning when only the cats are around. I feel they are already corrupted so I don't worry about them seeing Bramblethorn's naughty video clip.)
:catroar::nana::catroar:

The actual thread won't be up until the 23rd. ;)
 
The actual thread won't be up until the 23rd. ;)

Phew, I have time to clean my kitchen; feed Piglet, the cub scouts and Phoenix Mum's Egg; hang the laundry (get that shirt off, John); make sure the music theory homework is done; make some chocolate brownies :devil:; apply for more teaching contracts; put the old bike on ebay; persuade everyone to pitch in and buy the new bike before Christmas so Piglet's knees are not scuppered; and even write a review or two.

:cool:
 
Phew, I have time to clean my kitchen; feed Piglet, the cub scouts and Phoenix Mum's Egg; hang the laundry (get that shirt off, John); make sure the music theory homework is done; make some chocolate brownies :devil:; apply for more teaching contracts; put the old bike on ebay; persuade everyone to pitch in and buy the new bike before Christmas so Piglet's knees are not scuppered; and even write a review or two.

:cool:

You really like to drive yourself crazy, don't you?

I can only imagine the chaos of your daily "to do" list . . . .
 
Wtf?

What is this - old losers reunion week?

oily popped back up a while ago which was bad enough. But then the weird gay guy from Minnesota reappeared when we were finally getting rid of another non author AHland poster.

Now nutty nacko comes to visit and then another one we thought was the long gone fish boy arrives.

LBJ is back even though he was sent to the General Board...

Maybe it's time the QUEEN set up a "retirement" forum and only allow AHers who've quit to post there...
 
I am sure you can edit your stories and resubmit, however why not write some new ones?

New ones.... aye I could do that :)
tumblr_inline_mum2i39B4x1r8ce1o.gif


I may PM you anyways to check a few other details
 
Don't you just love it when a propaganda alt shows up who has no idea what friendship is? :rolleyes:
 
Just for you, Dr Miss.
THIS ONE

Oh gorgeous! You know how I love the full male voice choir :devil:. The singing! the singing! It's the singing I like.

Here is a great site I came across with lots of pictures of actual women's breasts. It's for women who are feeling self-conscious about their boobs because they are surrounded by magazine pictures of perky full globes (actually those are held up by sort of invisible tape), not for men to cruise through in order to get a bit excited. However, it is probably also useful for writers who want to describe a realistic range of breasts without having to ask large numbers of women to lift their shirts up and show and tell. I mean, I know which research method I prefer :devil:, but I think there are people here who are shy and retiring (? maybe?) and would rather surreptitiously check things out online.

http://www.007b.com/

And here is an interesting news item from Wales:

1385360_10152294714301040_1446742257_n.jpg
 
Oh gorgeous! You know how I love the full male voice choir :devil:. The singing! the singing! It's the singing I like.

And here is an interesting news item from Wales:

1385360_10152294714301040_1446742257_n.jpg


That'll teach the daft blighter to cook whilst enjoying himself.
 
Don't play near the stove! Obviously nobody taught them that when they were children.
 
You really like to drive yourself crazy, don't you?

I can only imagine the chaos of your daily "to do" list . . . .

Don't even go there :rolleyes:. I have no list because I don't have time to sit down and write a list. I just get up in the morning, give my pussy a long lingering stroke - the cat! the cat! and get going.
:)

New ones.... aye I could do that :)
I may PM you anyways to check a few other details

Do write some new ones! that would be fun.
:rose:

I am just working through this thread slo-o-owly picking people up and responding. If I didn't yet, you are on my non-existent to do list. I will do you shortly :devil:.

Don't you just love it when a propaganda alt shows up who has no idea what friendship is? :rolleyes:

Tx, dahlink! :heart::rose::kiss:
 
One of our on-line stores did not understand the expression "kinky boots" and offered 'minky'.
Oh dear, what are we teaching these young idiots?
 
One of our on-line stores did not understand the expression "kinky boots" and offered 'minky'.
Oh dear, what are we teaching these young idiots?

Well, this is a shoes thread so perhaps we can do with some illustrations.

Minky boots:

https://encrypted-tbn2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK3CEtbHAN0ZPNtg9vlIhBbtjZjGYhyLY8dzGYV8JM2M5gUU5J

Kinky boots:

1.164158.jpg


I like the boots they wear in the final scene of Mamma Mia. Especially Christine Baranski's. I can't find a pic but this is the rest of the costume, so if you have not been exposed to multiple viewings by overexcited young female piglets, you can imagine them.

Meryl+Streep+mammamia+costumes.jpg
 
Back
Top