Girls who like girls...

logophile

Verbose
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Posts
7,368
So, here I am.
I'm a lesbian in the AH.

And I feel like I'm in the distinct minority.

When I first came to Lit, I identified as bi.
Turns out - not so much.

I love and respect men, but I know now that my heart wants a woman for my most intimate relationships.

It seems that the other lesbians here are already coupled (L and V, Abs and Vana, Grace and Misty, etc.). And I'm not even sure who's safe to flirt with - I never want to overstep any bounds!

What I'd like to do is open a thread for girls who like girls. Bi and lesbian women are welcome to come and meet and flirt (with me or with each other ;) ). Men are welcome to come and ogle the girly love.

Additionally, as a lesbian who is only fairly recently out, I'd like to use this thread to talk about the experiences of coming out and the differences in my life before and after I realized my orientation. I'd love it if other people wanted to share their experiences as well.

So, let's get started! :kiss:
 
Well as a single, straight guy I'm a distinct minority as well. ;)

And I am going to kick God in the nuts some day for making so many wonderful women gay. :devil:
 
How about the bi-curious ones? Can we stop by and say hello?
 
What I'd like to do is open a thread for girls who like girls. Bi and lesbian women are welcome to come and meet and flirt (with me or with each other ;) ). Men are welcome to come and ogle the girly love.

*raises hand* My name is kiten. . .and I lurve me some girly flirting.:D:kiss:
 
Fingernails are one of those things.

When I was straight / bi / monogamous in a relationship with a man, it was always a sign of distinct femininity to grow fingernails. Mine grow easily and strong. I think I started having long fingernails in the second or third grade. They were kind of a point of honor for me.

When I met my last girlfriend (just before I came out) she chided me for my long-ish nails. Now, remember, they weren't terribly long then. I was working as a homebirth midwife, so I kept them under control for many reasons.

But she took one look at my fingernails and said, "No self-respecting lesbian would let her nails get that long. You could do vaginal surgery with those things."

I asked my other lesbian friends. Turns out, she was right.

I got in the habit of keeping my nails short while we were together. Now that we're apart, I have a hard time remembering to clip them frequently. I find that if I let them grow a little, I don't get hit on by other women. So, when I don't want to be hit on, it's pretty easy.

Huh. Fingernails.
The great lesbian divide. :rolleyes:
I never would have guessed it a few years ago.
 
I knew that from season one of the L Word... ;)

I didn't watch season one until I had been out for about a year, I think.
That whole episode cracked me up. It's still one of my favorites.

And everything they talked about in that episode seems to hold true.
Art imitating life, I suppose!
 
I'm stopping to say hi. I definitely like women, though it seems I like men more. Or differently. Or whatever.

One of the things you and I have talked about being a challenge for the lesbian community is how to meet other women. The gay bars are dominated by youngish women and the lesbian alliance does crafts. Anyone have good tips for meeting other lesbian or bi women?
 
I didn't watch season one until I had been out for about a year, I think.
That whole episode cracked me up. It's still one of my favorites.

And everything they talked about in that episode seems to hold true.
Art imitating life, I suppose!

I don't remember that episode. We may have to pull it out and rewatch it.

One thing I found really interesting in a conversation with a lesbian couple was that they said I needed a different look if I came out or decided to date women. A new haircut and clothes. I don't think I know how to do all that!
 
Umm. . .shy. . .*snicker* that's me! :angel emote here:

I'm ok I guess. How are you?

Pssst I like the boots :D

Yeah, I didn't think shy.

I'm good. Had a decent nap, had a decent meal. Can't really complain.

Pssst - the boots are my favorite! I have such a great a...ttitude in them.
 
Huh. Fingernails.
The great lesbian divide. :rolleyes:
I never would have guessed it a few years ago.

That's a thing that bugs me about a lot of lesbian porn. I see a woman with those long fingernails going inside and I think, "Oh dear. That's not likely to be good." :eek:

And just because you're gay doesn't mean it's suddenly going to be easy to meet someone. ;)
 
Just poking my head in, to watch and stuff.

Definitely bi here, with a preference for men most of the time. But bi.
 
Back
Top