Dave's Zombie Proof Bunker and Refuge for Unattached Wimmens

Status
Not open for further replies.
*leaves a t-shirt set in each girl's dorm room*
tumblr_mebtrxRbGr1r7okhqo1_500.jpg

*Runs to open the candy pantry.*
 
Thank you for qualifying that as being for the wimmens!

I'll pass.


[Real life warning--this may be long...

I have a brand new laptop. Instead of buying a four hundred dollar Netbook, I spent a ton more figuring why not get the best I could afford. And honestly, long story short, this thing is driving me nuts. Windows 8 seems to be a compilation of every thing anyone could find to complain about the in the past Window operating systems and then magnified by ten. What a piece of shit.

Further, with 94.4 MB of onboard memory and only 45.5 used--mostly by programs I will never use--the unit is constantly telling me that I am running out of memory and that it needs to close. Firefox, my favorite browser, and even Internet Explorer, my least favorite browser, both have this issue. (In fact, it has interrupted me twice while typing this to tell me that it needs to close. I've told it to cancel both times and I'm honestly quite surprised that it has not just crashed like it is so fond of doing.)

It also does not help that the last four days have been quite shitty at work. Like, taking up all my time shitty. Like not having time to take a lunch shitty. Like, trying to find the time to put gas in the truck shitty. (Oh, do you know why the truck needed gas? I pulled up to the security gate at an airport industrial park, got out to punch the numbers on a keypad, got the gate open, went back to the truck, and found that I locked myself out. Duh. The nice lady in line behind me allowed me to use her phone to call AAA since my phone, of course, was in the truck, which was running. An hour later, the locksmith showed up and let me in.)

Let me add to my annoyance...

My largest customer has had us running like idiots to fill an order that was basically impossible. His "drop dead time" was end of business today. This morning, after coming in early to take care of it as well as I could before we opened, I received a call from them telling me, "Meh, we don't need it."

Thanks a fucking lot.

Did I mention that I canceled a trip to see customers in Tampa today because of this?

Or that my internet here at home is acting up?

Or...that I might be drunk and that the reason this is not chock full of spelling errors is because the one thing the little computer does correctly is put a squiggly red line under my mistakes?

Several of you have PM'd me to point out that I seem "nostalgic" or "morose" or even "angry" and for that I say, I appreciate your concern and for sticking around and playing here. I'm fine. Or at least I will be. I won't go into other reasons why I'm "down" since that is personal, but again, thank you. I DID start reading through this thread the other day and was getting a little nostalgic about so many friends that no longer come here...but that is their choice and as much as I wish they'd come back and say hi, that is fine. It is what it is, right? Life changes and we all move on. So, thanks. "Fun Dave"--if you actually think I'm fun--will come back. I will work through it and in the meantime, no silly diagnoses about depression or something silly like that.

It's all good. Thank you, Friends.]


OK, who wants a drink?

Aww hun Tampa huh? ;) *Grabs your face and licks your mouth before running off*
 
Awe, Dave.... *walks up behind him and fondles his rear* I won't go to my room if you won't..

Besides, TL had me bent over grabbing my ankles last night...I'd post a picture but I think we dropped the camera in the moat..
 
Awe, Dave.... *walks up behind him and fondles his rear* I won't go to my room if you won't..

Besides, TL had me bent over grabbing my ankles last night...I'd post a picture but I think we dropped the camera in the moat..

I guess I'm not getting my drink. :rolleyes: RA come on let's go dance.
 
Awe, Dave.... *walks up behind him and fondles his rear* I won't go to my room if you won't..

Besides, TL had me bent over grabbing my ankles last night...I'd post a picture but I think we dropped the camera in the moat..

Ooor I could bend you over again. :devil:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top