Colleen Thomas RIP May 26, 2006

I only found out this sad news today...

I only knew Colleen through her writing - clear, precise, sometimes a little too detailed, but always a thing of beauty and joy. It would seem the Almighty needed a good story writer...

Fare thee well, Colleen - you will be remembered!
 
"Funny that I have thought of death all my life, and if I have lived, have lived only in the margin of a book I have never been able to read."
-Vladimir Nabokov

I didn't know Colleen well, but she impressed me with her wit, zest and passion. I have quoted her several times in debates elsewhere, because I thought her words conveyed the depth and meaning of my thoughts, far better than I could ever articulate them. Her talent and joy will be sorely missed.

For her loving partner, I say, grieve not. Merry we shall all meet again.
 
For Colly

I just wrote this.

Numb

I cannot laugh
I cannot cry
I cannot feel the wind
Nor see the sky

I am numb.

How is it possible
For the sun to shine
Or the world to turn
Without her in it?

I am in denial.

Cruel fate took her
In the bloom of youth
Robbing us all
Of her presence.

I am in a rage.

Such a sweet person
Equaled by no one
Unique in every way
We will love her forever.

I am honored.
 
Aurora Black said:
I just wrote this.

Numb

I cannot laugh
I cannot cry
I cannot feel the wind
Nor see the sky

I am numb.

How is it possible
For the sun to shine
Or the world to turn
Without her in it?

I am in denial.

Cruel fate took her
In the bloom of youth
Robbing us all
Of her presence.

I am in a rage.

Such a sweet person
Equaled by no one
Unique in every way
We will love her forever.

I am honored.

I feel it.

*Hugs* :rose:
 
The AH stands still... silenced. We have no words to express the sadness we sit with. And I have no words...

You were one of the most amazing women i had ever known, Colly. We share so many amazing moments. You were a close friend. Thank you for being part of my life and sharing with me who you were. I love you, and it is comforting to know that you are now in a safe, pain-free place.

You will always be part of my life :heart:
 
Au revoir Colly, my heart is immensley saddened by this news and we shall miss you intensly. I shall see you in heaven, love. Rest now, Rest.
 
i'm so sorry

i never posted here much, but i lurked a lot, and she was always one of the kindest wisest souls ever, as well as a magnificent writer.

she will be missed.
 
Rest Now - Be Troubled No More

Colleen emitomised the human spirit. She spoke her mind... and she spoke her heart. She fought for her beliefs and the principles she lived by, and never judged others if they failed to meet the standards by which she lived her live. She was first in line to help others, unstinting in her effort to impart wisdom and knowledge. Incisive in arguement and dilligent in backing arguement with fact.

Colleen was an example to us all, she set a standard to which many aspire, in her writing, in her unquenchable zest for life, in the love she bestowed upon friends... and foes. She reached beyond the illness and pain that blighted her life to bring happiness and joy to those with whom she shared her life, and we are fortunate that she chose to spend some of her time with each of us.

You are a good person, it was a privilege to know you for this brief span, my heart goes out to your friends and loved ones. Rest now...
 
Well, crap!
(after thinking about Colly for about 15 minutes, it's all that keeps repeating in my head)

Although not much of a regular around here, I've read many a post by Colleen. As so many have already said, she was a kind hearted, caring soul.

Melissa, my most sincere condolances and sympathies. As you can tell here, she was loved by many.

:(

Jenny
 
No words can describe someone who was as special as her, because there are no words that would do justification enough. I leave this for her:

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night by Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
 
:rose:

Too stunned for many words. Colly was one of those rare people who could kick ass with her razor wit, but still be one of the nicest people in the world as she was doing it. The world's a worse place without her.

:kiss: :rose:
 
No one has ever made me feel more welcome here than Colly.

I pray that someone above can offer her the same now. And that I will be in their debt.
 
No... no... NO!

Colly, I love you. You were wonderful, in every sense of the word. You were one of the first people I got to know on here, and it was such a privilege working with you, and having you as a "guest author" on my site. You always championed my writing, and encouraged me to carry on, in such a selfless manner. You were so incredibly talented, yet your modesty ran deep.

I can't believe you've gone, and I missed you.

Fuck, I feel shocked, I feel mad, so, so sad, and my heart goes out to you, Melissa.

The world is a much poorer place without dear, dear Colly.

:heart:
 
Oh my god.

I was waiting for the waning moon to come so I could cast a spell to help with Colly's migraines. She had absolutely no belief in it whatsoever, but thought I was sweet for wanting to help.

<tears>

Someone tell me this is a prank cause it can't be real.

The Earl
 
Colly,

I will miss you my friend. Your wit, compassion, intellect and craft are all models for us to ascribe.

Find the rest and peace that all too often and undeservedly escaped you in this world.

Tears and hope,
~e
 
There are no words to express what a special person she was. I believe in my heart that she's looking over all of us with a fond smile, and will be for a long time. Live on, Colly.

:rose:
 
Hi Rob,

Sorry, I meant this to be a PM. :)
 
Last edited:
A spark has gone out on Lit, hopefully she is lighting more in happier, carefree places. We were blessed to read her words and feel her spirit here. :rose:

Catalina :rose:
 
Her memory will never die. It will remain safe inside our hearts for as long as we live and remember our dear friend. :rose:
 
For Colley and her friends/family

:rose: I was told this morning. Though I haven't been over on the AH board lots and lots, Colleen welcomed me with open arms as many AH'ers have. I wrote Spirit Friend for a writer here on lit, whose wife passed away years ago, but he still finds nights when he struggled with her loss. Recently another Lister passed away and he was a wonderful man. I share it with Colleen's friends. I wish I could write something fresh, but though I only knew her for a short time, my mind still refuses to comprehend. :rose:



Spirit Friend
by RedHairedandFriendly ©

I am beside you, though you can't see me.
Your hair still is soft, and my eyes they still see.
My body isn't with you, but my Spirit it will call.
Know that though you miss me, I'm with you when you fall.

It was my time to leave, I wish I could have stalled.
I didn't want to go, I had no choice at all.
My Spirit walks beside you, and hears your gentle voice.
Wishing I could answer, but that is not my choice.

I know you think of me, and my heart reaches out to you.
Keep me safe inside you, but don't wallow when you're blue.
You need to go on living, now that I'm not about.
Don't let that loving fire, inside of you go out.

If you see a flower, of colors that I like,
stop and take a moment, breath in their pretty sight.
It isn't bad to love again, now that I am gone.
I will forever be with you, a happy whispered song.

My love, you will not lose me, no matter where you are.
You are the air I needed, but now I am so far.
No longer here in body, but only a Spirit friend.
Waiting for the day, you let someone else come in.

When you do, don't worry, I'll be here if you call.
Our love it was transcending, and nothing would make it fall.
But take a hand when offered, don't try to live alone.
My Spirit will be with you, you'll never stray from home.
 
Back
Top