South Florida Official Threatens To Secede

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
South Florida Official Threatens To Secedehttp://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/south-florida-secession-climate-change--2

Amid reports that Florida state officials have been banned from using the term "climate change," one South Florida official is continuing to push for the southern part of the state to secede over the state government's failure to recognize and address global warming.

"North Florida is completely indifferent, if not completely oblivious to it," South Miami Vice Mayor Walter Harris told TPM about rising sea levels impacting southern Florida.

Note to Gov Scott:
Tallahassee isn't that much higher than South Beach.

oh that would be most interesting since I live down here and always felt like we were in a totally different country all by ourselves here.. lol :D

oh that would be most interesting since I live down here and always felt like we were in a totally different country all by ourselves here.. lol :D

Someone once told me, "there's Miami & then there's the rest of Florida", that might be true.

I think they would have a tough time drawing the line on where the south state begins.

There has been a movement afoot for at least forty years to divide California into two states. Nothing has ever come of it, and it's extremely unlikely anything ever will.

There has been a movement afoot for at least forty years to divide California into two states. Nothing has ever come of it, and it's extremely unlikely anything ever will.

Because Sacramento would have to sign off on it and no one from Southern Ca wants to start paying for all the lakes they drain each summer to keep their fuckin' lawns green. And the power that's in SF doesn't want to stir the shit pot even if they get to not be left out in the desert.

If it were up to the people who live up north LA would dry up and vanish into a ghost town by the end of this June.;)

Hey at that point though S. California would be largely Republican....bonus for you guys right??:D

Last edited:
QUOTE=JackLuis;66394371]South Florida Official Threatens To Secedehttp://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/south-florida-secession-climate-change--2

Note to Gov Scott:
Tallahassee isn't that much higher than South Beach.[/QUOTE]

Youre fulla shit. Tallahassee sits atop 7 hills like Rome. From our old plantation you can see the Gulf 25 miles away. Dum fuck.

pc4228.jpg
[

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida's highest elevation is prolly less than 400 feet at Lake Wales.

Note to Gov Scott:

Youre fulla shit. Tallahassee sits atop 7 hills like Rome. From our old plantation you can see the Gulf 25 miles away. Dum fuck.

"The elevation varies from near sea level to just over 200 feet (61 m), "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallahassee,_Florida

Tallahassee is 25 miles from the Gulf. And Wakulla County is tween it and the Gulf. Stupid shit.

We weren't talking about how far it was from the coast high speed....

We were talking about the city of Tallahassee and it's elevation.....now that you're caught up.

55a939f6d301485dd75e3d30ecff7345e8edfced0aa7fa58a721a741e0eab376.jpg

We weren't talking about how far it was from the coast high speed....

We were talking about the city of Tallahassee and it's elevation.....now that you're caught up.

55a939f6d301485dd75e3d30ecff7345e8edfced0aa7fa58a721a741e0eab376.jpg

Tallahassee is still 203 feet above the beach at Wakulla County.

Tallahassee is still 203 feet above the beach at Wakulla County.

Certain parts of it are near sea level.....which means like the vast majority of FL even parts of Tallahassee are subject to rising sea levels/tsunamis and storm surge.

bok-tower-gardens.jpg

Lake Wales, FL

No one is buying it JBJ....it's a coastal town and that zit ain't stopping the gulf of mexico from reaching Tallahassee should a sufficient amount of water be shoved that direction from one natural disaster or another.

Iron Mountain at Lake Wales is 295 feet above sea level

That doesn't make Tallahassee some flood proof city immune to the effects of the ocean like some inland high elevation town such as Denver or Boise....

Last edited:
Calling anything a mountain in Florida is a fucking laugh. My house sits 1000 feet above the town below, about 5 minutes drive. They still call it a hill. :rolleyes:

If you recall, Num Nutz compared Tallahassee to Faggotville at Miami.

If you recall, Num Nutz compared Tallahassee to Faggotville at Miami.

Which also sits near sea level, much like large portions of Tallahassee....sans that zit you call a "mountain" lol.

Calling anything a mountain in Florida is a fucking laugh. My house sits 1000 feet above the town below, about 5 minutes drive. They still call it a hill. :rolleyes:

Mah hood....we do mountains 4 realz in the PNW :cool:
mt-shasta-looms-in-the.jpg

Last edited:
South Florida Official Threatens To Secedehttp://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/south-florida-secession-climate-change--2

Note to Gov Scott:

Fuckin' Conch Republic wannabes!

"The Conch Republic was established by secession of the Florida Keys from the United States of America, on April 23rd, 1982 in response to a United States Border Patrol Blockade setup on highway U.S.1 at Florida City just to the north of the Florida Keys. This heinous act effectively isolated Keys Citizens from the U.S. mainland since the blockade was on our only land artery to and from the mainland. This roadblock portrayed Keys residents as non-U.S. citizens who had to prove their citizenship in order to drive onto the Florida mainland! Hardly an American thing to do!..."

(more here)

http://www.conchrepublic.com/history.htm

Comshaw

The real issue in Florida is not how high above sea level the land is, it's how to keep the ocean from pouring into the fresh water supply.

Because Sacramento would have to sign off on it and no one from Southern Ca wants to start paying for all the lakes they drain each summer to keep their fuckin' lawns green. And the power that's in SF doesn't want to stir the shit pot even if they get to not be left out in the desert.

If it were up to the people who live up north LA would dry up and vanish into a ghost town by the end of this June.;)

Hey at that point though S. California would be largely Republican....bonus for you guys right??:D

Pretty much this, I don't know if Florida has similar problems. I'm sure when all is said and done North California isn't anxious to lose the various taxes that So. Cal tourism brings in, and don't we have a majority of the ports as well? Oh and the Marines. :cool:

While I agree that Nor Cal is way more Oregon and Washington than LA Diego (Seriously without a map can you even tell where one ends and the other begins?) I while we're far, far more conservative as a general rule than you are up there, I think you'd be shocked how quickly we turned purple/blue. We have large minority population, a fairly vocal gay population. A lot of the major issues of the Republican party don't really hold here either. I often say to m y Republican friends that you're a REpublican because you don't know what one is. And you don't know what one is because you've never seen one. I'd wager that deep south Democrats are the same way.

Back