A tad too much? (Old thread moved)

TKErotica

Virgin
I write hard core erotic stories. translate that to mean I write very sexually explicit contents. I will usually PUSH the proverbial envelope. I write almost about anything

I am a newbie on this site and Erotic writings. I do have unpublished works seeing all I did was collect my thoughts and imaginations on paper (as it were) over the years.
This is the first time I'm venturing out to let other people see my stories

I eventually want to be an erotic writer and self publish my stories.

I have no idea were to start or even how but I know I have to just "do something" and get bolder and more confident.

Are there "no go areas" or gray areas" or taboo topics on here at literotica (and other places) should be aware of?

How much is too much???

I write hard core erotic stories. translate that to mean I write very sexually explicit contents. I will usually PUSH the proverbial envelope. I write almost about anything

I am a newbie on this site and Erotic writings. I do have unpublished works seeing all I did was collect my thoughts and imaginations on paper (as it were) over the years.
This is the first time I'm venturing out to let other people see my stories

I eventually want to be an erotic writer and self publish my stories.

I have no idea were to start or even how but I know I have to just "do something" and get bolder and more confident.

Are there "no go areas" or gray areas" or taboo topics on here at literotica (and other places) should be aware of?

How much is too much???

Each site is different. On Lit, there can be little to no mention of anyone under 18 engaged in sexual activity (you might get away with saying someone lost their virginity at 16 or 17, but even that can get iffy). You can portray sex with fantasy creatures, but not with real animals. You can have 'non-consent' stories, but no actual scary rape where the woman really hates it.

I think that covers the big ones.

Read the Writer's Resources starting with the Submission Guidelines. Now, the RULES are: no underage sex (18 years is the cutoff), no bestiality, and no snuff or sexual mutilation. The REALITY is that forbidden sex can be mentioned but not described. No bestiality means no sex with REAL animals; fucking unicorns, werewolves, etc is common. And even THINKING about self-mutilation may be forbidden.

Hi, great question. I too am new and am wondering about the use of illegal drugs. Specifically, can you talk about things like underage drinking (over 18 of course), marijuana, coke, etc. is this stuff ok? And I should specify that I'm not using it in the context of rape.

Hi, great question. I too am new and am wondering about the use of illegal drugs. Specifically, can you talk about things like underage drinking (over 18 of course), marijuana, coke, etc. is this stuff ok? And I should specify that I'm not using it in the context of rape.

The rules are: no depictions of underage sex (including voyeurism) by humans, no bestiality (with real animals), and no glorification of sexual violence (including self-mutilation). Non-sexual drinking, drugging, stealing, speeding, lying, pissing in public, blasphemy, cheating on exams, etc are not against the rules. I'm not sure if I could get away with describing my 10-year-old nephew (fully clothed) pretending to be a dog and humping my leg. But if he smokes crack, no problem.

Thank you for your help!

You say non sexual drinking, drugs, etc... I guess I'd have to say that one story I have does involve recreational use of drugs and sex happens during the story after that. It's consensual. But is that a no no? Maybe I should just submit and see.

The first thing to do is write...just write. Once you think you have it complete and all wrapped up, find yourself an editor, there are many fine editors here on lit...go here.

Once you and your editor are satisfied with you story, you submit your story for publication...go here. Here you will find the resources to submit your story.

Just so you know, it may take up to a week for you story to be approved. It all depends on how busy Laurel the publisher of the stories is.

Now...self publishing. There are any number of places to publish your stories as eBooks. Smashwords, Amazon and several others. None of them cost you a dime upfront. You will however not be paid the full price you set for you eBook, but some reduced amount as royalties. Research what you would like to do.

Good luck and welcome to Literotica.

Thank you for your help!

You say non sexual drinking, drugs, etc... I guess I'd have to say that one story I have does involve recreational use of drugs and sex happens during the story after that. It's consensual. But is that a no no? Maybe I should just submit and see.

Zeb is right -- write and get edited and submit. But still... You say, "sex happens during the story". If either or both (or any ;)) are underage at the time of their sexual encounter, it's verboten here.

There's a distinction between depiction and description. You can have an adult character recall "I lost my virginity at 16," or better still, "I was too young when I lost my virginity," thus vaguely describing the event without depicting the action. But "his 16-year-old cock slammed into my equally-young pussy" won't fly.

Thank you for your help!

I don't think there's any rule against stories showing drug use in a sexual context. I've seen a few that involved people getting in the mood by smoking MJ.

Zeb is right -- write and get edited and submit. But still... You say, "sex happens during the story". If either or both (or any ;)) are underage at the time of their sexual encounter, it's verboten here.

There's a distinction between depiction and description. You can have an adult character recall "I lost my virginity at 16," or better still, "I was too young when I lost my virginity," thus vaguely describing the event without depicting the action. But "his 16-year-old cock slammed into my equally-young pussy" won't fly.

And that's why the OP should read all the links on the page I have directed him to. It links to the rules, along with Writers Resource page and the Volunteer Editors link.

But you go ahead and describe the things that you shouldn't. :eek:

Literotica is fine as long as no minors or non sapient animals are involved. That's pretty much the only rules.

Now, you mentioned you want to self publish, so I'll go over the most popular self publish sites. Amazon is the strictest. No incest, no bestiality, no pregnancy/lactation and definitely no minors.

Barnes and Noble is a bit more lenient and allows incest and even bestiality.

Back