The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine doesn't get it. He feels really insulted when i'm not there to watch him stare at the TV. I have better things to do with my time.

Does he understand that your bit of 'me-time' implies that you are still with him by a conscious choice ?

And a really Good Morning to all.
Coffee is on and the Doughnuts on order.

And a really Good Morning to all.
Coffee is on and the Doughnuts on order.

Morning! (1:05am PST)

How kind of you. Mind if I grab the chocolate one with the sprinkles? Unless they are Krispy Kremes, then I'll take any. YUM!

Did you have a good weekend?

Morning! (1:05am PST)

How kind of you. Mind if I grab the chocolate one with the sprinkles? Unless they are Krispy Kremes, then I'll take any. YUM!

Did you have a good weekend?

Well, the weather was kind, the lawn now trimmed and I made some time in the shed and tinkered. Oh, and I went fishing.
And you ?

Well, the weather was kind, the lawn now trimmed and I made some time in the shed and tinkered. Oh, and I went fishing.
And you ?

Not as eventful as last weekend. (Had attended a huge video game expo here in Seattle).

I did discover something amazing this weekend. There are these places with a funny name, I think they are called "gyms". So I went inside and saw that they were filled wall to wall with exercise equipment. I had never seen so many treadmills in my life! Apparently people go to these "gyms" to "work out". They run, lift weights, and ride on bicycles that stay in place. They do this until they are tired, sore, and covered with sweat. And this is all without having sex! The strangest thing is that they consider this fun! Can you believe that? Anyway, I happened to acquire a three month premium membership to a local gym that had just opened up through Groupon. So I'm going to give this "gym" a try because they say it may help me look less hideous.

Other than that; I relaxed, watched the NASCAR race, and TRIED to get some work done on my story.

The doughnuts were delicious by the way. Thank you!

It's strange, in't it, how someone is prepared to PAY loads of cash so they can run and stay in the same place rather than round the local park.

I am immune to this sort of blandishment; I'm too old for it!

Toodle - pip

I once was a bit of a gym rat. For what are probably genetic reasons (or the fact that on a bear, who can tell?) no one ever seemed to notice any 'improvement' in my studliness. Now it is sufficient to take the terrorier for a brisk hour-long walk in the morning. Cheaper, too.

I once was a bit of a gym rat. For what are probably genetic reasons (or the fact that on a bear, who can tell?) no one ever seemed to notice any 'improvement' in my studliness. Now it is sufficient to take the terrorier for a brisk hour-long walk in the morning. Cheaper, too.

would this be one of your extended family, Bear?

Fancy a glass of something ?

It takes a while but you develop calluses on your fingertips. That protects them from the strings. My problem was I couldn't bend my wrist far enough around to put my claws in position. So I gave it up.

It takes a while but you develop calluses on your fingertips. That protects them from the strings. My problem was I couldn't bend my wrist far enough around to put my claws in position. So I gave it up.

My fingertips are purple, not raw. Poor things are really bruised up.

My fingertips are purple, not raw. Poor things are really bruised up.

The ghost of Les Paul will visit you in your sleep and make 'em all better. ;)

Good on you for learning to play an instrument. :rose: I'm lucky if I can play the radio.

The ghost of Les Paul will visit you in your sleep and make 'em all better. ;)

Good on you for learning to play an instrument. :rose: I'm lucky if I can play the radio.

I play flute . . . badly, and I can make a sax squawk. I can pound a marginal beat on the drums and play chopsticks on a keyboard, but the guitar might just be something I can do. I've made pretty sounds come out so far, but I'm going to have to let the fingers rest a day or two.

I started on the flute and never really enjoyed it. I played trombone for a little while. If I had started with it I might have stuck with it . . . but probably not. My senior year of high school I manipulated my way out of the orchestra into the high school madrigal group and never looked back. I sang with them all year and then when I got to university sang both chamber singers and college choir for four years. Those were great years . . .

Back in the day I had quite a range. Can't hit anything higher than a F anymore and that's only on really good days. More bass/baritone in the autumn of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back