The Official Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Support Thread 2018

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
Joined
Jul 3, 2002
Posts
56,017
I am starting this thread now so that writers have no excuse for not starting a story in plenty of time.

Summer Lovin'
themes: warm weather, summer activities, bikinis, etc.
starts: August 21
closes: September 6
winners announced: September 13


This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the Summer Lovin' Contest. Get your characters hot, bothered, and embarrassed.

There is an advantage to entering stories in one of Literotica's themed contests, apart from the possibility of winning, and that is that your story gets far more exposure and attention than it would normally do.

Some of that attention might be unwelcome, some abusive, but some could be appreciative and helpful.
__________________


Extract from Welcome Authors! Please Read:

PLEASE NOTE: DO read ALL contest rules. We had many cases of authors not putting the proper phrase in the NOTES field, which meant that we couldn't find their submission and thus they were not entered in contests. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do read the special contest announcements when they are posted (usually around two weeks before the contest start).
__________________

Extract from Laurel's official contest post:

Author must copy and paste the phrase "SUMMER LOVIN CONTEST 2018" in the "Notes" field of the submission. You can submit any time from now on, so long as you put this message in the NOTES field.
 
Last edited:
I've had a couple of failed starts for this, just uninspired right now. But never say never ;)
 
I think I have a few marked for the contest and ready to go . . . and for Halloween, and winter, and Valentine's Day 2019 . . .
 
Looking forward to this. I've decided to tackle a topic that I've discussed on and off with other Lit members, so that should be interesting. The story has been stop-and-go for a while, but is finally coming together as a longish slow-build couple story. Good luck and have fun everyone!
 
I've got an idea for a story for this contest and I hope I can get it done in time. It will be one of my longer, or maybe longest, story, so I need to get started, because lately I have not been writing quickly.
 
Just put the finishing touches on my story for this contest last night.
 
Already have one that fits the bill, but it's a contest story elsewhere. I'll end up posting it here, but not to the contest. I won't enter the same story in two different contests, even if it fits both themes. "Her Own Skin" could have fit in that other contest as well.

Working on one that's summer themed, specifically for this contest. It's set around the solstice, which has already passed, but that doesn't seem to have as hard of an expiration date with readers as specific holidays. The actual day of the solstice is only important for one aspect, so it should pass by without triggering anyone.

We'll see if I have time to finish it with my exploding summer hours at work. Meanwhile, brainstorming other quick romps that would be easier to knock out if the more involved story just isn't going to make it in time.
 
question i submitted a story last year in the fan fiction catergory, if i change names and unfanfic it/ would i be able to submit it this year
 
question i submitted a story last year in the fan fiction catergory, if i change names and unfanfic it/ would i be able to submit it this year

Extract from contest rules:

Only new stories which meet all existing Literotica criteria are eligible for the contest.

What that means? Only Laurel can answer.
 
One finished. Anyone want to proofread a short lesbian/dirty old man story? A little over a Lit page. Very short for me.
 
Realized that story I was working on wasn't quite as congealed as I thought it was. LOL Put it on the back burner to muse over at work during the many hours when my brain is an unnecessary appendage to do a job that is mostly muscle memory at this point.

Came up with an idea in this name that I'll probably start this weekend. All my incest stories in this name are sibling, so thought I'd branch out a little.
 
You a porn star?

LMAO. No. I made sure that the videos my Baileykins took of us never got out of my control ;) Pretty sure the tapes have degraded by this point, so safe there.

I've been at the same job for 17 years, and the job I had for a decade before that was just the other end of what I'm doing now, so I could do it in my sleep.

Unfortunately, I do sometimes. There's nothing more depressing than dreaming a shift at work, having the alarm clock go off, and realizing you have to go do it for real.
 
One finished. Anyone want to proofread a short lesbian/dirty old man story? A little over a Lit page. Very short for me.

I mentioned in the Coffee Shop that I was intigued. The concept sounds great and I can barely wait to read it. Unless it is truly awful, which I doubt having read a few of your stories, all you'd get out of me is fawning adulation. Somebody give this dirty old man what he needs fo the sake of the rest of us perverts that want to read the finished piece!
 
I got a start on a story yesterday. Now we'll see where it takes me.
 
The official announcement is up. We're less than four weeks from the start, but don't panic. The contest won't close for nearly eight weeks.
 
Back
Top