The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

Open the story and linger on each page of it for a minute or so before clicking "Next" and then finally voting. That's what I've suggested to all my offline readers who have asked, and their votes don't seem to vanish when they do it.

The new Laresa will fall in the timeline immediately following "Genie Valentine", which is between Ch. 08 and 09 of the main chain. Like Genie Valentine, it will be entirely self contained and it could really fall anywhere in the pre-Society stories that take place at the end of the chain, though.

Calling it "His Christmas Wish" :)

Thanks, Dark; I've always had a soft spot for Laresa so seeing her again will be like meeting an old friend. Duly noted the title and will look for it.
 
Some days I feel like twice that. ;)

But as long as the brain keeps coming up with dirty ideas, I'll make it.

I like your way of thinking:rose:, will have to remind myself that a non-functioning body doesn't mean a non-functioning mind.
 
more ggarbage from texas... he loves the spotlight doesn't he...

77021.jpg

nope tex, still not funny…

The following is post # 1191 on the a.i.r. contest support thread. Our AHland racist also posted exactly the same thing in posts #1001, 1004, 1008, 1010, 1012, 1015, 1022, 1024, 1026, 1030, 1034, 1044, 1046, 1051, 1055, 1061, 1065, 1068, 1075, 1076, 1078, 1104, 1120, 1123, 1128, 1133, 1140, 1142, 1146, 1152, 1155, 1157, 1162, 1168, 1170, 1172, 1175, 1176, 1179, 1181, 1188 and now 1191. The same post EIGHT times on the first page. FIVE on the next page! SIX on the third page! TWO times on the fourth. THREE on the fifth page. FIVE on the sixth. EIGHT on the seventh page. Now a FIFTH on the eighth page. The same post 42 times. He's now up to 255 times posting the same thing (unless I’ve missed a few). Mind you this isn't a record for him.

So unfortunately I’m forced to share his disgusting posts on this thread. And of course there are no free rides for enablers. Sorry…

image.php
image.php
image.php

enabling hate in AHland? Why?

Why would our tiger lily threadmistress stand with the stupid people? Simple jealousy? I guess the a.i.r. thread has been making hers look bad...

post #1191 on the A.I.R. Contest Support Thread. Let's all look at our AHland racists posts. We're prepared to expose him for what he is...sad really...

image.php

[size=+1]Please join with me and read my Winter Holiday Contest Story: Christmas Present! [/size]
okay i didn't really write it but it is sooooo good!
fucktard1.jpg

Yes I think that just about covers tex’s qualities…

[SIZE="+3"] WELCOME TO THE FAKE CONTEST THREAD. A.I.R. RUNS THE MOST HONEST CONTESTS – THANKS. [/SIZE]
made-up-fucktard2.jpg


But for information and support of the A.I.R. Summer Lovin’ Contest, please go here:

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…
 
Now that that post has been reported, let's get back to the real business of the Real Winter Holidays Contest.
 
Just hit 7200 words on mine, most of which is hot, sticky sex *laugh* It's going to run at least 8k -- maybe more. Depends upon where I end up fading to black to lead into the last scene. It's a multi-partner all-nighter, and I'm only going to tell the beginning of it, centering on my main character.

Hardly high literature, but I'm enjoying it, and I'm sure the stroke readers will be quite happy with it as well. Should be just enough story for readers who want more meat on the bone to get invested in Autumn and enjoy the fun right along with her.

Aiming to finish it tonight.
 
Just hit 7200 words on mine, most of which is hot, sticky sex *laugh* It's going to run at least 8k -- maybe more. Depends upon where I end up fading to black to lead into the last scene. It's a multi-partner all-nighter, and I'm only going to tell the beginning of it, centering on my main character.

Hardly high literature, but I'm enjoying it, and I'm sure the stroke readers will be quite happy with it as well. Should be just enough story for readers who want a more meat on the bone to get invested in Autumn and enjoy the fun right along with her.

Aiming to finish it tonight.


Oh, no. don't finish it tonight. Take it to 20,000 words and submit it two days before the deadline. I really do think the winning formula has been shown to be a bare minimum of votes of those who will stick it out for five or seven pages. :D
 
Oh, no. don't finish it tonight. Take it to 20,000 words and submit it two days before the deadline. I really do think the winning formula has been shown to be a bare minimum of votes of those who will stick it out for five or seven pages. :D

Nope, everything over three pages is getting bombed like hell.

I wonder whose idea that was. :D
 
Nope, everything over three pages is getting bombed like hell.

I wonder whose idea that was. :D

Shit, if that were true all my stories would be in the 2. something range score wise. I can't go less than 4 and that's my idea of "stroke"
 
That's why I split mine in twain. The first story is submitted while I work on the second. Same type of setting, different main character getting ganged.
 
image.php

1 - You know what, I think you've gotten just a bit too much pleasure and relief from me being gone from the forum

2 - Open the story and linger on each page of it for a minute or so before clicking "Next" and then finally voting. That's what I've suggested to all my offline readers who have asked, and their votes don't seem to vanish when they do it

3 - The new Laresa will fall in the timeline immediately following "Genie Valentine", which is between Ch. 08 and 09

4 - Scouries, you wouldn't know an alt if it jumped up and bit you.


1 - You losers always come back db. No one is fooled anymore by these dramatic exits. You, stella, the dumbtexan, lovergirl (ytcc), etc., etc,. continually quit only to reappear days later with your tail between your legs. No one else will have you.…

2 – Great! More cheating advice from the king of cheats… :rolleyes:

3 – It’ll fall between Ch 8 and 9. But certainly won’t be a chapter… :rolleyes:

4 – An ALT? I wouldn’t be able to identify one? I wonder if you have the balls to identify any of these? And don’t pretend you don’t know who created them…


Past Tsunami
TimothyM
LeonardoR
fcdc
lloyd5
Smarmy and
ennuye
scouries_
_scouries_
babyfuckmommyplease
ann_on_em_ess
Gabby_
Asswindr
The AntiKKK
rosemary48
The gay guy from minnesota
AnonymousTroll
litfan
GrandHighPoop
madame noe…

Would you like me to go on? Do you have the balls to own up to yours? Care to identify any others you know?
 
Oh, no. don't finish it tonight. Take it to 20,000 words and submit it two days before the deadline. I really do think the winning formula has been shown to be a bare minimum of votes of those who will stick it out for five or seven pages. :D

If I cared about winning :p Not eligible until Valentine's Day anyway. I just write what I ( and I hope my readers ) enjoy. If that's six pages, it's six pages. If it's one, it's one. If it's early, it's early. If it's one minute to midnight on the last day...

I think we know where that's going. Don't give a rat's behind whether anybody believes it or not. Anybody who doesn't like it can enjoy ignore land. Not going to bother reading their pissing and moaning any more. I can get the summary of it all from scouries mouth-foaming rants, because he's so unoriginal that he steals everyone else's sour-grapes spewing anyway.

Just aiming for the first draft tonight, then I'll start working on His Christmas Wish, Extra Stuffing, Christmas Carolyn, Christmas in Eve, Lowborn, SOTM, or something else to clear it out of my head a little before I start editing. As long as I get it to my editor by Wednesday with a day or two of advance notice, it will be ready to submit some time Thursday.

Going to run it through this and see what I see after my first-pass edit:

http://prowritingaid.com/

Like any editing aid, it's going to have a lot of stuff to ignore, but there are a few of the reports it generates that I think could be of value. I ran the beginning of this one through it, and there are a few things I'll be changing based upon what it highlights.

EDIT: LOL @ "dramatic exit"
 
Last edited:
Yeah... although I think I know what to expect. Story #2 will have a higher score and more favs than #1.

*Swallows anti-emetic and starts story #2*
 
The average number of votes on winning stories at the time of announcement is about 239, BTW. Median of 123 or so.

You have to go back a couple years to find anything under 50, and about five years to get anywhere near the minimum of 25, and those were 3 Lit pages or less.

Casual observation rather than real, long-term data ( especially when one expects the contest to be unfair in the first place ) tends to skew perceptions far from reality.
 
Last edited:
The winner of the previous (Halloween) contest, "Tricked with a Treat", was submitted on the first day of the contest. It got 366 votes and 23,733 views.

The second place, "Whoever You Want to Be", was submitted towards the end (22nd October). It got 164 votes and 11,416 views.

The third place, "Unleashed", was submitted half-way through (11th October). It got 529 votes and 17,522 views.

I don't know if you can say there is a magic formula for winning. Except writing a good story, maybe.
 
The common rant that entering late is somehow an advantage is especially ridiculous. It's based entirely upon the ranting of scouries, which is based entirely upon the coincidence of less than a handful of the dozens of wins -- by people he hates for exposing his lies, of course.

Anybody who thinks they aren't riding scouries bandwagon on this one and believes this, feel free to chime in on how you arrived at the conclusion.

His latest baseless argument for this "unfair advantage" is that late stories miss the "early sweeps"

Show of hands how many big "early contest sweeps" has anybody noticed? As a follow-up, how many sweeps on contest stories can you say were even related to the contest?

I'll tell you this much, tracking day-to-day data on so many contests shows that it's a complete myth. It doesn't happen.

There's a full week between the end of submissions and the end of the contest. Everybody knows that the lion's share of your votes come in on day one. By the end of the first week, even a contest story has trickled down to a dribble of new votes.

There is zero advantage to entering late, and only the minor disadvantage of having less time to advertise your story, which could reduce your overall number of votes.

Data bears out that longer stories do have an advantage, but stories under three pages still regularly make it into the top three.

There's nothing stopping anyone from writing a long story, either. It's an advantage that's open to anyone who chooses.

Certain categories have advantages and disadvantages as well. Loving Wives is most certainly a handicap with its warring camps of hate voters. On the other end of the spectrum, Non Human has an advantage because it has a smaller core of readers who tend to either vote high, not at all, or drop 3s on seriously sub-par stories.

Again, there's nothing stopping anyone from writing in an advantaged category. It's open to anyone who wants to go for it.

Most of the complaints boil down to people wanting the categories and lengths they prefer to be advantaged, not for the odds to be even. Watch as those complaints evolve when challenged. You'll see it.

There was a time when participation and exposure were the goals of the majority of the contestants. No doubt, everybody wanted to win, but if it didn't happen, people geared up for the next contest to try again, enjoying the ride and the support of fellow authors.

Look up Ogg, go to his profile, click "threads started by this user", scroll back about 3-4 years, then read through the contest threads. If you can't see a difference, you're blind or ignorant.

Scouries, his alts, sycophants, and those riding on their refuse covered coattails ( whether they realize it or not ) is what brought us to the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, where winning is all that matters to a large chunk of the contestants, and if they don't win, they have to find some way to publicly tear down everyone who did.
 
Last edited:
I'm surprised by how little entries there are. I've always assumed that the Winter contest was equally as popular as Halloween.
 
Back
Top