The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as there's time in it for me. :heart:

How's vacation treating ya, bear? The email was SUPER cute!:kiss::kiss:

I figure after ten thousand years of living together on Earth, we've just got to be connected in Heaven, as well. Ah luv doggies.

I had a very productive gardening morning, a very productive stint in the shop yesterday afternoon, I'm going to unload a lot of large baltic birch scraps into my own shop right after a nap, go to the woodworking store, make a Provencal chard pie for dinner and tomorrow we're off to Santa Barbara for lunch at Opal and serious orchiding afternoon. Will someone tell me why I should go back to work in September, huh?

BTW, I just found the greatest thing. Go to Amazon and do a search for Irish Digging Spade. Wow! I've owned one for years and they are the absolute best! It's all I can do to keep from ordering another even though the one I have will probably last the rest of my life.

Digging? With our rocky soil? *shudders*

That's what heavy machinery is for!

True. I live on alluvial sand. It's much easier. It's just that I am, probably from Mom's side of the family, just a bit of an anglophile, especially where it applies to country living. Tweed, Wellingtons, Barbour coats, double shotguns, Bulldog gardening tools . . .

Oh yeah, and rain! :rolleyes:

Another 2000 words! Woohoo! I'm back.

You're fair tapping them out tonight, lass!

Is that 2000 first / rough draft or after polishing, or do you manage to get it pretty much right first time if the mood is with you?

EDITED: And what's the current project? A full novel?

You're fair tapping them out tonight, lass!

Is that 2000 first / rough draft or after polishing, or do you manage to get it pretty much right first time if the mood is with you?

EDITED: And what's the current project? A full novel?

I generally try to do it right the first time. I hate--that's right, HATE--editing. I've never been one to say, "Oh well. I can fix it later." I have editors look for errors and inconsistencies, but I like to write a story only once.

The current is A Cloak of Lies. It's a story I started two years ago and it's been languishing for over a year. If I don't finish it soon, some of the readers will be coming after me with pitchforks.

I generally try to do it right the first time. I hate--that's right, HATE--editing. I've never been one to say, "Oh well. I can fix it later." I have editors look for errors and inconsistencies, but I like to write a story only once.

The current is A Cloak of Lies. It's a story I started two years ago and it's been languishing for over a year. If I don't finish it soon, some of the readers will be coming after me with pitchforks.

Nah, they'll have died in their sleep from old age. You're safe.

Ever tried writing non-fiction articles?

Not since journalism class. Not really my thing. I'm much better with fiction.

I think I'm going to have a go. Need to watch out for my tendancy to get pedagogical and patronising, though.

At least I wouldn't have to worry about pesky characters.

I think I'm going to have a go. Need to watch out for my tendancy to get pedagogical and patronising, though.

A couple of us disagree with Molly. When she's thoroughly p.o.'d with someone, especially her weird neighbors, she tells a rockin' good tale. I can easily imagine her doing an updated version of Please Don't Eat the Daisies that would skyrocket to the best-seller list. It would be a hoot.

I've changed my mind. Since I went out into the garden and dug all the fingerling potatoes, I'm going to boil them with butter and parsley and serve then as an accompaniment to this:

Salmon With Basil Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

2 lbs. salmon fillets
1 1/2 T unsalted butter
3 shallots, peeled and minced
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup light cream
1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 t freshly ground white pepper
1/4 t salt, or to taste

Cut the salmon into 6 equal serving pieces, wash and pat dry on
paper towels. Melt the butter in a large skillet over
medium-high heat. Sear the salmon on each side for about 2 to
3 minutes, keeping the center slightly rare since the fish will
continue to cook after it is taken from the pan. Remove the
fish from the pan with a slotted spatula and keep warm. Reduce
the heat to low and add the shollots and garlic to the pan.
Saute, stirring frquently, for 5 minutes.

Add the basil, parsley, wine, cream, lemon juice, pepper and
salt to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring
frequently, until the mixture is reduced by half. Taste for
seasoning, adding pepper and salt as needed.

To serve, reheat the fish slightly in the sauce and then serve
the sauce around the salmon fillets.

NOTE: The fish can be prepared up to three hours in advance.
Reheat the fish in the sauce over low heat, uncovered, for 10
minutes.

If I liked fish, that would be good.

Hi all. I've been a bad angel today. Been downloading some free ringtones for my cell. So bored with the presets. Found some I really like.

*Blue--Dt. Pepsi please, twist of lime, splash of rum, thank you*

Hi all. I've been a bad angel today. Been downloading some free ringtones for my cell. So bored with the presets. Found some I really like.

Ambushes Angel: HUG!!! Missed ya, lass. Glad to see you back. :eek:

I like my "pesky" characters. They help me write the story.

I've changed my mind. Since I went out into the garden and dug all the fingerling potatoes, I'm going to boil them with butter and parsley and serve then as an accompaniment to this:

I saved the recipe. Love me some salmon.

Hi, Angel.

*topples over from the hug*
*stands up and shakes wings off*

Hi there lad. Missed you all too. Feels good to be back. Been playing games most of the day and saving my website. Found out that geocities is closing so I need to find a new webhost or buy a doman name through Yahoo. Trying to decide which. I'll probably only do it for my main website. Don't know for sure yet.

*sips a diet pepsi/rum*

What?
*hides honing stone & pitchfork*

See the kind of trouble my pesky characters get into? (this is from Brick's POV)

“Niko,” the other woman said, “I promised her. I’ll explain it all to you later, but right now we have to help. I owe her that much.”

Brick almost laughed out loud when Niko cursed, then capitulated. He thought the man a weak fool for going to all this trouble over a woman. The only thing that kept the laughter in check was a pair of bright green eyes that smiled so sweetly. He was starting to understand Pavli’s need to keep his wife happy.

“Which way?” Niko growled.

“We have to go down,” the angel said. “They keep him in the lab downstairs. I hope he’s still there.”

“We’ll find him, honey,” the other woman said. “You sure you’re okay?”

It took a moment for Brick to realize she had directed her question at him. He grunted and waved her on, taking a moment to make sure the angel was where he could keep an eye on her—and keep her safe when the time came. There was something about her, a gentleness that he’d never known. Most women looked on him with fear, but this one had no problem meeting his eyes. She showed real concern for him, stopping every few minutes to check the amount of blood on his bandage.

Shaking his head, he tried to clear his mind. He didn’t have time to think about the petal soft fingers that touched him from time to time, or the way her curls danced around her face like a hundred butterflies. He had to stop looking at the light in her eyes and the dimple on the left side of her mouth that showed when she smiled. Focus, he told himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back