Immortal Love

Deacon Frost

When his hands felt a little better, he took the stage again and started a quick light-hearted jangle, it's silly rhythm brought smiles to the people, when Samira joined in with her dancing he turned the music back to the mysterious air which came with her from her home country.

It was just before sunrise when the innkeep called it a night, his stocks was depleted and he was exhausted. Deacon stopped playing as the patrons started to leave, it was a rather sucessful evening, but a tiring one as well. He knew that due to the fact that the night was fleeing, Samira would be safe. He packed his things and went up to his room, stripping off his clothes he fell into bed to sleep.
 
The late morning brought the innkeeper bringing a gift up to her room. Someone he did not know who ask that he make sure she get this gift. Her young aid was not so convinced that the keeper not knowing the person was okay quickly going to wake and inform or at least inform Deacon of this matter.
 
Deacon Frost

The knock roused him from his sleep, but it did not prevent him from being extremely ticked off about being woken up so early. He got up and opened the door, the aid hurriedly told him about the gift. He nodded, went over to the basin, pouring water into it and washing his face to gain some sense of propriety, throwing on a shirt he walked to Samira's room, he sent the innkeeper and aid outside and inspected the wrapped gift.

"Well then, a good morning to you my adenium, I think you should open it, not like it can kill us, but what they don't see and know will keep us safe."
 
She shook her head and moved to open the interesting package biting her lip she jumped back seeing a snake's head and then the chain it was attached to and strange writing on a parchment with it. She recoiled not sure what the parchment said but not liking the look of the serpent head and the chain.
 
Deacon Frost

He chuckled softly and picked up the snake's head, he moved to the window and hung the head outside, the chain hooked on an old torch scone. He picked up the parchment and read:

"We hereby curse you and yours, may your days be filled with misery and death until your blood will be our feast."

He crumpled the note and tossed it out the window, then reaching into the package, he fumbled a bit, then withdrew a green little snake, it hissed at him as he smiled at it.

"Awww think you are intimidating little one?"

With a quick movement he slammed the head into the table, killing the little snake.

"These guys meant business with that one, it is the most deadly you will find on the island just off shore."

He smiled at Samira,

"There you go. Safe again. Don't remove the snake head, it will show them that somebody in here knows of them and that will make them weary to try again."
 
She nodded but now the fear was replaced with anger as she looked to him.

Why do they insist on doing this... they fawn over you... you refuse them and play for me.so they curse us .... the abduct and try to change me into some show wife... they try to stop you from helping me... hey send more captors you slay them and now they do this... attempt to curse us again... do they have nothing better to do with their short little lives than to plague ours.


She was shaking but seemed oblivious to just how angry she really was.
 
Deacon Frost

He moved slowly to her and placed a hand on her shoulder,

"This curse is ancient, it carries no power, it is just a way to scare somebody. I fear that we will never fully understand others as well as we understand ourself."

He gave her shoulder a re-assuring squeeze,

"Don't eat the fruit in the basket."
 
Is it even safe anymore to have our own place here or should we again first.d another place to go?

She nodded at his comment about the fruit. She was not sure what to do first they want to kidnap her then try to curse and kill her. She could not understand this or these people. She curled closer against him unconsciously as she reached to hold him for even a brief moment needing some sort of anchor or stability in all of this.
 
Deacon Frost

He shook his head,

"We will have our own place and we will survive this."

He held her tightly against him, resting his chin on the top of her head,

"Rest easy Samira, survival comes easy to us now and I will make sure that I will do whatever I can to keep you safe."
 
She closed her eyes feeling safe there with him holding her. This is not something they really did but strangely it did not feel foreign to her. It seemed almost natural even though he had never made any attempts at her nor had they ever truly shared any intimate moments.
 
Deacon Frost

He took in the smell of her, she was so unique, what made him happy was the with her he could feel the heat radiating from her, making her seem more alive than any of the other women he had been with since that dreadful day. A day he had promised himself would never happen again...was that why he was protecting Samira so fiercely? No. She had been dragged into this by him, she was innocent through all of this. It was his duty to protect her.
 
Reluctantly breaking from the embrace as she looked into his eyes and smiled.

Hire more workers I want our home done sooner after all of this. Having our own business here will show these people we do not.fear them.


She smiled and without bought leaned up kissing his cheek.
 
He smiled at her,

"Your will madame."

He gave her a tight hug in reply to the kiss then he reluctantly pulled from her and walked out, it would be an interesting time indeed. He touched his cheek where she had kissed him, the tender touch lingering on his skin. He went downstairs and walked out of the establishment, finding a dark hooded man looking up at the snake head hanging out of the window, fury written all over his face. Seconds later that face was grimacing in pain as the body laid dead on the sidewalk, Deacon halfway on his way to the building sight with an extra money pouch. One had to keep up appearances and a robbery in a busy street was not that uncommon.
 
She went to find her young aid calming him with a pat to his cheek as they went wandering the market. There was little chance these people would poison an entire shop risking their own families just to poison her. Slowly she made her way closer to the building sight as well to observe them.
 
Deacon Frost

Deacon was seated on a slab of stone, discussing business with the owner of the building business. The extra money coming into play quite handily, he saw Samira and her aide, gave them a wave and then went on talking to the man. Soon they came to an accord and with a hand shake sealed the deal, Deacon sat there looking, slowly eating on an apple he had picked up on his way to the site.
 
She walked over with a smile.

How soon will our establishment be ready Deacon?

She smiled wanting a little more security and peace of mind around here.
 
Deacon Frost

"He said that he could get two more teams on it, it should lessen our waiting time with six months give or take."

He bit into the apple and nodded at the young man,

"You taking good care of her?"
 
She watched as the young man nodded to Deacon and smiled agreeing.

Yes he is. As for what they told you that's wonderful Deacon.

She sat down by him watching the work being done.
 
Deacon Frost

He finished the apple and sat watching the work, soon he grew bored and started to hum, keeping time with his hand which he drummed against his thigh.
 
Listening she smirked. Dancing out here might distract the workers but would show those who were so against them would see they held no fear of them. Subtle movement within the shawl she began to dance to the tune and tune began.
 
He chuckled,

"Just can't resist the music, can we?"

He kept humming, his hands tapping out the beat which Samira danced to, many people started to stop and stare, but he heeded them not, his attention was on Samira.
 
She knew that people stopped to watch but she did not.care as she twirled and danced beginning to.weave amongst those collected there an around Deacon. Her aid quickly collecting the shawl as she discarded it and kept a close eye on her and those around them.
 
He watched her dance and smiled, she was a real artist, even if she didn't see it herself. After a while he stopped, giving Samira the time to catch her breath again and of course getting the workers to stop ogling her and actually get the work done that they were paid for.
 
Smiling she sat down and watched as one of the workers offered them a wineskin as they took a break from dancing. She smiled though glanced to Deacon as she took the offered wineskin.
 
He nodded, there was no way that the men after Samira could have planned it so far to get to her here. Also he was there to look out for her even after he had seen the worker drinking of the contents during the morning.
 
Back
Top