Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I will take a Tsing Tao! Since it might come with a kiss ;)
:kiss:

bottle.png

wow! it's the same as the bottle chilling in my frig!! You know it's made in Qingdao, (German style owing to the Germans who used to live there) the venue for the Olympic sailing events in 2008.

as long as it isn't Taishan beer! :eek: too chemically tasting for me..

wow! it's the same as the bottle chilling in my frig!! You know it's made in Qingdao, (German style owing to the Germans who used to live there) the venue for the Olympic sailing events in 2008.

as long as it isn't Taishan beer! :eek: too chemically tasting for me..

Oh no, I am a woman of taste and distinction! I do not sip inferior chemical things ;).

Ben Ainslie.

Barbie and Ken...and he looks nothing like me!:eek: (nothing worse actually!)

Barbie on the other hand ... looks nothing like me, LOL, apart of course from the shaped arch of my foot from the permanent wearing of high heels - obligatory for mopping the floor here in Stepford. We just acquired our first Ken here. He has to be polygamous as there are several Barbies and a fake Barbie called by what must have seemed to a three year old the attractive name Assassin (no influence was brought to bear, I swear).

This is Barbie in Toy Story 3, torturing Ken into helping her by threatening to tear up his designer collection of Ken clothes!

https://encrypted-tbn1.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT58nzrn1pqP1CeqGUrfxvDBykSK4weSaZfrWjV429vrJ0_FCZR

Barbie on the other hand ... looks nothing like me, LOL, apart of course from the shaped arch of my foot from the permanent wearing of high heels - obligatory for mopping the floor here in Stepford. We just acquired our first Ken here. He has to be polygamous as there are several Barbies and a fake Barbie called by what must have seemed to a three year old the attractive name Assassin (no influence was brought to bear, I swear).

This is Barbie in Toy Story 3, torturing Ken into helping her by threatening to tear up his designer collection of Ken clothes!

https://encrypted-tbn1.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT58nzrn1pqP1CeqGUrfxvDBykSK4weSaZfrWjV429vrJ0_FCZR

Would this be a good illustration of reinforcement of stereotypes ?

Would this be a good illustration of reinforcement of stereotypes ?

:rose:, dahlink.

All the Toy Story films are great examples of undermining stereotypes, and make me glad I am a parent and can sneak along to watch them on the pretext that I have to take Piglet, LOL.

https://encrypted-tbn2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_sBABB7S2UyjMAadCsszN_LRZcEYDApiRt76h03FaFDNA6A1G

:rose:, dahlink.

All the Toy Story films are great examples of undermining stereotypes, and make me glad I am a parent and can sneak along to watch them on the pretext that I have to take Piglet, LOL.

https://encrypted-tbn2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_sBABB7S2UyjMAadCsszN_LRZcEYDApiRt76h03FaFDNA6A1G

The only problem I have with going to watch kids' films at the cinema is ... kids. Perhaps they could have grown ups only days :)

The only problem I have with going to watch kids' films at the cinema is ... kids. Perhaps they could have grown ups only days :)

Can I have Rudolph and a Tsing Tao? (Oh, man, those eyes! quiver quiver)

I know, Shea! I mean Benedict Cumberbatch is sexy all right but golly gosh, Rudolph Valentino!

Y'know, we should all try to get hold of DVDs of The Sheikh and do a virtual date watching it! ROFL!

'Lo, Sam. :heart:
I did have Star Trek ruined for me by someone small going on about how bored they were, what did they say, can I have some more popcorn, so I am a bit sympathetic, but at least you have someone to cuddle up to in the scarey bits when you have a kid with you ;).

Here are Captain Kirk and Uhuru about to be forced to snog. It was the first interracial kiss ever to be shown on tv, and the producers tried to get them not to do a proper kiss but the two actors managed to sabotage all the shots where they weren't properly kissing, LOL. (Uhuru has published online her recollection of doing the shoot.)

0ab4bd1f43a38cf487270cc26ad4.jpeg

'Lo, Sam. :heart:
I did have Star Trek ruined for me by someone small going on about how bored they were, what did they say, can I have some more popcorn, so I am a bit sympathetic, but at least you have someone to cuddle up to in the scarey bits when you have a kid with you ;).

Here are Captain Kirk and Uhuru about to be forced to snog. It was the first interracial kiss ever to be shown on tv, and the producers tried to get them not to do a proper kiss but the two actors managed to sabotage all the shots where they weren't properly kissing, LOL. (Uhuru has published online her recollection of doing the shoot.)

0ab4bd1f43a38cf487270cc26ad4.jpeg

Denny Crane http://moshpitson.blogspot.co.nz/2011/02/denny-crane.html

I feel rather surprised. Has everyone forgotten Vera Ellen ('White Christmas', amongst others).

What a pair of pins; and she moved so well, too.

[ But don't get me wrong. Among millions of other young men at the time, I reckoned Angie Dickinson was stunning. ]

...Vera Ellen ('White Christmas', amongst others).

What a pair of pins; and she moved so well, too.

[ But don't get me wrong. Among millions of other young men at the time, I reckoned Angie Dickinson was stunning. ]

I like them all (except mine)

attachment.php

But I like Darcy Bussell's:

darcey-bussell-11390-1314832537-4.jpg

Jessie Matthews long before Mrs Dale's Diary.More Jessie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back