Please help me categorizing my story

davion2308

Motivated
I know category selection is second-most important when it comes to feedback and scoring of stories. The first, obviously, is writing well.

Saying that, I have a story and I'm interested to see where people think it might fit. I think there are a few possible categories and I'd like the best fit if you wouldn't mind giving me an opinion.

The story is about a Mexican woman in her 40s going over the border into Arizona. While detained, she's exposed and groped by a border guard. There's no actual forced sex and it's not the main theme of the story but it's a part of it.

She gets a job as a maid where the motel manager presses for sex for better pay and shifts. She discovers she can watch and join in with single, older, white male renters who tip her good money to watch them or stroke them. She doesn't mind it but she's not a crazed slut fucking everyone left and right. There's some resistance but it isn't especially bad. I don't have an ending just yet and I'm working on an overall 'theme' to the story.

Where would it fit? I could see non-consent/reluctance, exhib/voyer, interracial, etc. I'd like to target an audience that would find it enjoyable so I'm asking for help or thoughts.

Thank you.

I think you need to define what the major theme is. If inter-racial is the primary driver (it vaguely sounds like it might be) then put it there. But if the racial tension isn't central, then you've not quite told us enough.

Keep in mind in the US today, your storyline could well be considered political. It might not get past Laurel, if it is blatantly so.

There's no actual forced sex and it's not the main theme of the story but it's a part of it.

What is the main theme of the story? Basically, unless your story touches on things that have to go into trump categories (e.g., real-person fiction, incest, m/m activity), you're likely to find your audience by putting it in the category that matches the focus of the story.

Is the story about the cultural differences between the Mexican woman and white men? Is the difference in appearance due to ethnicity mentioned and fetishized? Interracial.

Is the story about person X (ethnicity kind of irrelevant) getting involved in sexual activity that she's coerced into, forced by circumstances or people in positions of power, or she's just generally reluctant about? Nonconsent/Reluctant.

Is the story primarily just about someone involved in sexual activity, generally? Erotic Couplings.

Your description makes it sound as though the watching is just a part of the foreplay, not a focus of the story, which makes me think that Exhibitionist/Voyeur isn't a good fit.

I know category selection is second-most important when it comes to feedback and scoring of stories. The first, obviously, is writing well.

Saying that, I have a story and I'm interested to see where people think it might fit. I think there are a few possible categories and I'd like the best fit if you wouldn't mind giving me an opinion.

The story is about a Mexican woman in her 40s going over the border into Arizona. While detained, she's exposed and groped by a border guard. There's no actual forced sex and it's not the main theme of the story but it's a part of it.

She gets a job as a maid where the motel manager presses for sex for better pay and shifts. She discovers she can watch and join in with single, older, white male renters who tip her good money to watch them or stroke them. She doesn't mind it but she's not a crazed slut fucking everyone left and right. There's some resistance but it isn't especially bad. I don't have an ending just yet and I'm working on an overall 'theme' to the story.

Where would it fit? I could see non-consent/reluctance, exhib/voyer, interracial, etc. I'd like to target an audience that would find it enjoyable so I'm asking for help or thoughts.

Thank you.
Non-con ratings look on the low side to me. Decent number of comments and favorites.

E&V stories don't get a lot of comments. The most of any story on the front page is 4. Not a lot of favorites either.

Interracial doesn't get a lot of stories posted to it, so it'll stay on the front page for much longer than the other categories. Looking at the category page, only chapters beyond the first get a rating of 4 or better. There are six stories with a least 7 comments on the front page.

Erotic Couplings is right there with I/T for number of stories posted, so a story will get knocked off the front page quickly. Like E&V, EC stories don't get a lot of comments.

Non-con ratings look on the low side to me. Decent number of comments and favorites.

E&V stories don't get a lot of comments. The most of any story on the front page is 4. Not a lot of favorites either.

Interracial doesn't get a lot of stories posted to it, so it'll stay on the front page for much longer than the other categories. Looking at the category page, only chapters beyond the first get a rating of 4 or better. There are six stories with a least 7 comments on the front page.

Erotic Couplings is right there with I/T for number of stories posted, so a story will get knocked off the front page quickly. Like E&V, EC stories don't get a lot of comments.

While the above may be somewhat important the CATEGORIES are established so that readers can find material that they like. It's far more important to pay attention to story content that satisfies potential readers, than the possibility of response.

Back