Flogger advice

N2outdoors

Literotica Guru
I’m planning to get a flogger and want to hear from those experiences in giving and receiving a flogger. What material do you recommend for my first flogger? Any other suggestions?

I can't find it at this moment, but about the time i joined lit a few years ago there was a thread all about floggers/crops/paddles. I think it was started by Miles (or he was answering questions maybe), it was a few years ago. I will see if I can resurrect it later when I am home.

I can't find it at this moment, but about the time i joined lit a few years ago there was a thread all about floggers/crops/paddles. I think it was started by Miles (or he was answering questions maybe), it was a few years ago. I will see if I can resurrect it later when I am home.

Following this thread!

I’m surprised that after all of these views no one has replied to offer their advice and experience. Come on peeps, speak up and give us your collective wisdom. 😁

I have no wisdom or knowledge when it comes to floggers. If I did I would tell you. sorry

I have no wisdom or knowledge when it comes to floggers. If I did I would tell you. sorry

Victoria, I apologize for the confusion. I didn’t think you had any knowledge on floggers. I assumed that is why you said you are following this post, because like me, you want some knowledge. The two of us may be forced to learn through trial and error.

I'm not very knowledgeable about floggers, but I remembered the thread SalvDali mentioned (at least I think it's the same one).

Lots and lots of good info here.

I’m planning to get a flogger and want to hear from those experiences in giving and receiving a flogger. What material do you recommend for my first flogger? Any other suggestions?

I think you need to nail down where/when you plan on using it. I perhaps a crop or wooden paddle or switch or cane would be more appropriate.

I haven't been the purchaser of a flogger, only the receiver of the flogging. So here's my limited knowledge:

I was flogged with ropes that were knotted at the end. I was playing earlier in the evening and was already in a cloudy, happy, zoned out mindset. The rope was fairly stiff and the knots were hard. It was a stingy sensation, he mostly stayed along my shoulders and upper back. Unfortunately, neither of us realized my skin became abraded along my shoulders - the rope was too new, maybe?? It didn't hurt while we were playing but I couldn't put on a shirt after, I was missing skin. It really really hurt. Lesson learned.

When I get flogged, I generally like the thuddy feel of a heavier leather. We bought a super heavy buffalo hide flogger. It is crazy hefty. We usually used it at the end of playing - it had such an impact on my skin that if we wanted to play with other things, we did those first and then ended with this. My partner had to take care the leather strips (are they called tails? falls? something like that) didn't wrap around so the end snapped on a more tender part like an armpit or side of breast.

Starting out and for more sensation play - like flogging pussy or nipples, we used a deer skin flogger. It was light and the leather was much softer.

I think you need to nail down where/when you plan on using it. I perhaps a crop or wooden paddle or switch or cane would be more appropriate.

I have already used a crop and it worked quite well. I will be using the flogger on my wife. We don’t want to leave marks, and aren’t into hardcore pain. So, what I need is a good material for someone wanting to avoid marking and severe pain. I realize that my use of a flogger will have a lot to do with the results. But there must be some simple tips to help get to where we want to go. Does anyone recommend a good website for a decent flogger?

http://happytailsfloggers.com/

the more threads in the mop, the less it stings but the more noise it makes.

different leather has different sting levels. New to floggers? I suggest elk. Lots of thump. Not much sting. Smells fucking awesome too

I prefer a nice sensual massage first. Then use the flogger in a figure 8 motion. I was always told to stay away from the kidney area, then I went to a demo and he said kidney area is okay - I disagreed. I’m more into sensual flogging than doing it for pain.

MMmmmmm, floggers! I have (runs to closet to count) seven! Each creates it's own effect. Advice I read above, in regards to what you're looking to accomplish, experiment with household items to see what you ultimately like to feel: Welts, pain-large or small-, the "wrap" sensation, simple stingy, the sound effects, the 'thud' of a heavy hit (that may make your whole body move). If you just want to buy one first, without a specific goal, then I would suggest a medium tine(s) suede. That way, you can see/feel the effects as hard or soft as you like, based on the swinging technique, rather than the actual flogger, then decide whether to go stiffer or heavier.

I know this thread is old but figured I would post here instead of starting a new thread. I’m looking for recommendations or advice on getting a flogger. I am a first timer and it would be self administered.
Thank you.

I don't really have advice.
I bought mine years ago from a crafter/maker of floggers and whips at a kink exhibition/trade show/convention...
It was very well made.
Suede.
The tails are a medium thickness... I stayed away from the thin leather ones. I wasn't seasoned enough for them.
It's got a good leather grip and it's balanced really well.
It delivers a 'thud' more than a 'snap' and I liked that.
You have to consider the person you're using it on, their threshold, if you have someone in mind already or if it's just for you.
I can take a picture of it later if you'd like to see it.

But maybe check Fetlife for someone in your local or near local kink community to see if there's anyone who makes floggers or knows of someone...
And there's always the online stores, as well.

🌷

I know this thread is old but figured I would post here instead of starting a new thread. I’m looking for recommendations or advice on getting a flogger. I am a first timer and it would be self administered.
Thank you.

It’s hard to add much beyond the posts by @cookiecat and @MilesLong in the thread linked above:
Here again:
https://forum.literotica.com/threads/spanking-instruments-info.1343128/

Trying out some things you have around the house is probably the best place to start, if you have no idea what you are after.
It might give you an idea about what length you need and what kind of sensation you want.

I love making floggers and I probably have too many in my collection at this point. My sub really enjoys the feel of a chain flogger on her skin, and I made this one especially for her. It combines a nice thud on impact as well as some sting.
A post from 14 years ago that has been resurrected definitely deserves a reply.

Thank you.
I would start with a light suede one
Then move up to heavy leather

A chain flogger is pretty severe for newbies, I would think. A light suede and/or light leather is probably good for starters; I would think the chain one above is for the more extreme players.

Thank you.
I would start off with a suede one less impact
Then switch to a heavy leather one

You may also consider, 'what happens after.'

There is often a need for after care. Think this through, how you will take care of 'her' (him), what products you might need, etc. The flogger may just be the easy decision.

Back