Discussion Thread - 10th Annual Literotica Reader's Choice Awards

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,678
Hello, and welcome to the 10th Annual Literotica Reader's Choice Awards. Please use this thread to discuss the nominees and the contest itself. Please do not post your opinions on the voting threads themselves. Thanks, and Happy Voting!

* * * * *
 
[size=+2]james r scouries[/size]

on the

[size=+2]10TH ANNUAL LITEROTICA READER'S CHOICE AWARDS
[/SIZE]​

While too late for this years (or more accurately last years) awards I do feel that I must point out that the nomination process and the actual voting are being held far too long after the period we’re voting on. This is especially critical in awards such as MOST INFLUENTIAL WRITER, POET, EDITOR etc.

No one votes for sporting MVP awards or the like mid way through the next season. For obvious reasons. For one thing many readers (probably most) will base their voting on what’s happened during the last four months and not on what happened in 2008.

Also, certain authors (nominees) have perfected techniques for highlighting their name in the weeks leading up to the voting (I will expand more on this subject in another post) and will win votes based on 2009 politicking and not on what the readers are being asked to evaluate (which is their 2008 body of work).

My suggestion dear QUEEN :cattail: is that nominations in future years be asked for and accepted in the first two weeks of the new year and voting immediately commence on January 15th and last for 30 days.

I’m james r scouries and I’d like to see some changes…

[size=+2]OK lets get back to football and the Dolphins…[/size]
 
Last edited:
[size=+2]james r scouries[/size]

on the

[size=+2] 10TH ANNUAL LITEROTICA READER'S CHOICE AWARDS
[/SIZE]​

SUGGESTION #2

I for one believe it would be useful for the voting public to have a little more info on the various stories/authors they’re being asked to vote for.

For example: In the most Influential Author category it might be interesting to know how many stories each of the nominees produced, and how many views, comments and votes they received during the year. What was there average score, etc.

In the various Story Category contests why not tell us exactly how many Views, Comments and Votes each nominee received.

It would be nice for once if stories that were actually popular with our readers won some of these annual prizes and not the unread works of AHers who are experts at politicking among their friends for votes. (I see one author already has started voting his various ALTs!)

And isn’t there some way we can put complete story against complete story? I see that again this year we’re faced with comparing Chapter 15 of some saga with complete stories. I love secretme and Elianna but am I really supposed to compare someone’s 26th chapter with another’s 13th chapter to a 7th chapter to a etc., etc. If you like why not put the complete “Leader of the Pack” up against “Falling Into Darkness”.

What is being presented to us now is silly.

And category after category is dominated by these multi chapter stories.

I’m james r scouries and I’d like to see some changes…

[size=+2]OK lets get back to football and the Dolphins…[/size]
 
Last edited:
[size=+2]james r scouries[/size]

on the

[size=+2] 10TH ANNUAL LITEROTICA READER'S CHOICE AWARDS
[/SIZE]​

SUGGESTION #2

I for one believe it would be useful for the voting public to have a little more info on the various stories/authors they’re being asked to vote for.

For example: In the most Influential Author category it might be interesting to know how many stories each of the nominees produced, and how many views, comments and votes they received during the year. What was there average score, etc.

In the various Story Category contests why not tell us exactly how many Views, Comments and Votes each nominee received.

It would be nice for once if stories that were actually popular with our readers won some of these annual prizes and not the unread works of AHers who are experts at politicking among their friends for votes. (I see one author already has started voting his various ALTs!)

And isn’t there some way we can put complete story against complete story? I see that again this year we’re faced with comparing Chapter 15 of some saga with complete stories. I love secretme and Elianna but am I really supposed to compare someone’s 26th chapter with another’s 13th chapter to a 7th chapter to a etc., etc. If you like why not put the complete “Leader of the Pack” up against “Falling Into Darkness”.

What is being presented to us now is silly.

And category after category is dominated by these multi chapter stories.

I’m james r scouries and I’d like to see some changes…

[size=+2]OK lets get back to football and the Dolphins…[/size]

It seems the only time there were problems with chapter stories was when I was writing them.

For what it's worth, I agree with Scouries' first two suggestions and I am sure that he will have more to follow. With that said, however, because of the holidays, the timing of the first suggestion is difficult. Yet, I do believe that too much time lapses between stories and announcing contest winners.

There are many fine writers on this site. It is unfortunate that we cannot devise a better way to pick the winners of contests. Too often it seems more of a popularity contest. I have noticed, however, though that the recent software implemented and scanning process that eliminates duplicate voting is working.

Nonetheless, not one to bite the hand that feeds me, I am appreciative of this site and value the opportunity that Literotica, Laurel, and Manu affords me to showcase my stories. Thank you.
 
[size=+2]james r scouries[/size]

on the

[size=+2] 10TH ANNUAL LITEROTICA READER'S CHOICE AWARDS
[/SIZE]​

My take on the MOST INFLUENTIAL WRITER for 2008

NOMINEES:

1) Freddie :D aka BOSTONFICTIONWRITER
2) Danikat :devil:
3) Many Feathers
4) Sister Serena :p aka selena kitt
5) Soular



Here’s my scourian analysis of the nominees:


Serena :p of course is the two time defending champion and is the present FAVORITEST author on the site. In my humble opinion she was a more than worthy winner in 2006 when she produced a large number of very good works over a wide range of categories. Frankly I was less impressed with her victory for 2007 - far fewer stories and far, far fewer good ones. Her victory was delivered more by politicking and back room deals than it was writing.

In 2008 she produced a flurry of works in January (part of her campaign to unseat Danikat and sarahhh :rose: as most FAVORITEST) and then submitted very little until she submitted another pile of stories in December (some SURVIVOR strategy I believe). And the stories she submitted in 2008 weren’t her best. I’m not blaming her for this; the poor girl is trying to make a living and is keeping her best work for her own site. Which is completely understandable. But it’s disappointing for the LITEROTICA readers who’d grown to enjoy her work in the early days.

She’s now more about marketing (endless feel good threads) and politicking than she is about writing! Using her publishing might to collar votes. Pandering to the fanatical Lesbians who dominate AHland. Trying to keep everybody happy.

She also spent some time in the Big House during 2008 and I’m not sure we need a felon named as our “Most Influential” author.

danikat :devil: was the well deserved 2005 winner and did start 2008 strongly. However, many of the stories she posted last year were stories that she’d posted before she quit the site in a dispute. So that much of her 2008 “output” is really older recycled works. The way she handled her departure and her return also damaged her credibility in the eyes of many authors and accordingly she saw her influence wane.

Unfortunately she also missed much of the year due to illness which we all hope she’s fully recovered from.

Lets face it, she’s an excellent writer but her work really doesn’t belong on this site. Her works, which often lack ‘true erotic content’, don’t easily fall into the comfort level of the great mass of the LITEROTICA readership.

Soular joined the site in June 2008 and submitted two multi chapter stories in the Interracial category. She was a sensation! Her stories were both highly rated and amassed huge numbers of votes. Within the world of Interracial fiction she’s become a superstar.

In the final analysis though I’m afraid I can’t back her. I’m sorry to have to admit that I’d never heard of her until this contest started in early 2009. I see a great future for her but she certainly wasn’t the MOST INFLUENTIAL author in 2008.

Many Feathers is another past winner. He’s also one of the most famous LITEROTICANS of all time. A multi contest winner. Originally known as the sandman he reappeared as Many Feathers some years later. Then, after a couple of years with very little LITEROTICA output, he reemerged last year as a powerful voice.

He’s good! Very good! And has a vast army of fans. He’s a man who continues to produce good stories across a broad spectrum of categories. My only small argument with his winning this contest is that I’m not sure if his 2008 stories were much different than the ones he submitted eight years ago. Is he inspiring the next generation? I guess the answer to that question is up to the voters.

Freddie :D so far has never won this contest! Unfortunately! This man has submitted some 671 stories to the site over the last two plus years. In every category.

He became the most famous author on the site. His writing continually challenges us. He perhaps more than any other author on the site inspires his brethren. Not all his stories are “5’s”. or even “4’s”. But all have a certain something that other authors can take to improve their own writing. I’ve seen stories by authors as diverse as the pilot and the doctor which have incorporated Freddie-isms into their fabric.

He’s made the place more dynamic. He challenges us to be better. Amuses us. Entertains us.

MY PICK?

For me it came down to a choice between Freddie and Many Feathers. After some reflection I chose:

[size=+2]Freddie :D!!!![/size] He’s the man.

I’m james r scouries and I’d like to see some changes…

[size=+2]OK lets get back to football and the Dolphins…[/size]
 
you forgot the title...

The title of Mr. Scouries effort is:

Charlie's Naked Proposal Ch. 01

The QUEEN :cattail: seems to have inadvertantly omitted it.

Gabrielle
 
Hi, it’s Gabby again!

My boss suggested in an earlier post that it might be nice if LAUREL :cattail: presented figures (VIEWS, VOTES, COMMENTS, RATING) for the various nominees. And so he feels that it’s incumbent on him to present figures on his nominated stories in the meantime. Knowing he’s a very modest man I’ve offered to do it for him.

Here’s the figures for CHARLES WOODMAN, nominated as SEXIEST MALE CHARACTER:

Charlie appeared in two separate submissions, Chapters #1 and #2 of Charlie’s Naked Proposal”. Chapter 1 of course was an entry in last years NUDE DAY CONTEST.

Charlie's Naked Proposal

VIEWS: 185,000+ (Ch. 1 has already achieved LITEROTICA best seller status of 100,000+ sales)
VOTES: 1150+ (this has been achieved in spite of having lost some 500 votes during the contest sweeps)
RATED: 4.72
COMMENTS: 59

figures are as of the end of April and are the combined totals for the 2 chapters

One of the most interesting facts of this Charlie saga is how well he’s been able to entice readers to continue reading. The beauty of a two-part tale is that you can accurately track how many readers who opened chapter 1 went on to open chapter 2.

FYI over the last 6 months over 96% of those who read chapter 1 then opened chapter 2. This is an almost unprecedented number in the annuls of LITEROTICAN history.

And it’s why I believe that Charlie is an obvious choice to win the title.

We at [size=+2]
ScouriesWorld
[/size] of course invite the other nominees in this contest to post their numbers so that voters will be able to make fully informed decisions.

And we wish good luck to everyone in the contest! To soular, to Elianna and to evanslily.

But why didn’t the good QUEEN list Mr Scouries story title in her voting thread? She listed every other title! Methinks foul play may be already afoot!


Gabrielle L.
 
But why didn’t the good QUEEN list Mr Scouries story title in her voting thread? She listed every other title! Methinks foul play may be already afoot!

You know, you can't kiss her ass in one post then outright accuse her of cheating in the next, nimrod. And thanks for ruining yet another thread by simply being here.
 
Last edited:
WHY IS IT THAT THE ONES THAT BITCH ABOUT OTHERS DOING SOMETHING ARE THE ONES THAT ARE DOING MOST OF THE TIME?????????????????????

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
 
[/size:):):):):)go Getem Michchick98:):):):))


And clearly, the moron can't read when Laurel said not to reply on the voting threads. :rolleyes: I rest my case about the poor reading comprehension of some people around here.

What a moron.

What part of this didn't you understand, scouries? From the voting thread for sexiest male character:

Please choose the male character above who you found to be the sexiest. Note: Please do not post on this thread. To discuss the contest, please go here.

I mean, any normal, intelligent person would've sent a PM to Laurel if they'd noticed a mistake. But as usual, you failed to show even a small amount of intelligence.
 
Last edited:
I am the person who nominated "Grave Lovers" by Boxlicker101 for the most original sex scene. Since then I have read all the entries and I still think that one has the most unusual setting. The others are mostly pretty conventional, on a desk, in an elevator and similar places. But this one took place with a man and woman on top of the grave of her late husband and his ghost was one of the participants. I have never read a story with that kind of setting. I have read of sex in a cemetary but never on top of the grave of one of the participant's deceased relatives.
 
On a different theme:

I can understand that authorship is a suitable subject for a competition for "best story", "best author", "best scene" and so forth, but how can anyone regard editing as a competitive sport?
 
On a different theme:

I can understand that authorship is a suitable subject for a competition for "best story", "best author", "best scene" and so forth, but how can anyone regard editing as a competitive sport?

If you'll read the whole category, it's for the authors or the writers. How many stories have you read and thought the person could really use an editor? I know I've read lots.

It's a good feeling to know you've helped a writer make his or her story better. I've read countless posts by authors who've said they learned a lot from their volunteer editors here on Literotica. I've gotten quite a few emails from people I regularly edit who have said their writing has improved because of the suggestions I'd made to them or the websites I directed them to so they can brush up on grammar or proper verb tense usage.

Editing, especially volunteer editing, is quite often a thankless job, so I'm glad Literotica decided to have a Most Helpful Editor category, regardless if I'm nominated or not. It gives us the recognition we deserve.

And I don't know that I'd consider writing a "competitive sport" either. As we can tell by the thousands of less than mediocre stories on this site, anyone can toss together a few words to get someone off. It takes a lot more patience to be an editor.
 
James r Scouries was kind enough to share his opion on the most influential author canidates yesterday. This is my personal opion of Mr. Scouries and his little helper Gabrielle l. You are both as dumb as the post that holds up my bird feeder!!!!! Come to think about it my bird feeder post at least does something usefull. What about you two dummies?? (thinking). nothing comes to mind (sorry):confused::confused:
 
James r Scouries was kind enough to share his opion on the most influential author canidates yesterday. This is my personal opion of Mr. Scouries and his little helper Gabrielle l. You are both as dumb as the post that holds up my bird feeder!!!!! Come to think about it my bird feeder post at least does something usefull. What about you two dummies?? (thinking). nothing comes to mind (sorry):confused::confused:

...and who's sock puppet are you?

Why are you here other than to stir up shit? Don't you have enough shit in your shitty little life than to come here and start more shit? You leave shit skidmarks everywhere you go.

Scouries gave his opinion, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of readers and writers here who just come here to read. Very few vote, even fewer take the time to make a comment.

Yet, here you are, someone who has never written a story, throwing shit against the wall. Here you are a coward afraid to post under your real Literotica name for fear of being identified and seen as the shitty little person you are.

You are why this site sometimes smells.

Now, go away you shitty person and allow the rest of the writers here to continue in peace.
 
dear FREDDIE - its best just to ignore these tired old ALTS

...some of these old AH geezers have been stockpiling ALTS for ten years...

Hi, it’s Gabby again!

My boss suggested in an earlier post that it might be nice if LAUREL :cattail: presented figures (VIEWS, VOTES, COMMENTS, RATING) for the various nominees. And so he feels that it’s incumbent on him to present figures on his nominated stories in the meantime. Knowing he’s a very modest man I’ve offered to do it for him.

Here’s the figures for the story In Uniform…In Mom, nominated in the MOST ORIGINAL SEX SCENE category

VIEWS: 77,000+
VOTES: 685+
RATED: 4.50
COMMENTS: 25


We at [size=+2]
ScouriesWorld
[/size] of course invite the other nominees in this contest to post their numbers so that voters will be able to make fully informed decisions (I have included some numbers for the other stories below - all we're missing NOW is the VIEWS and VOTES).

And we wish good luck to everyone in the contest! To Kimbalee, to rachlou, to Boxlicker101, to serena and to marshtickledkitty (is this my old friend tickled pink? Has she changed her name?).

One of the most interesting aspects of this contest is that it has nominees from six different categories (Erotic Couplings, Mature, Erotic Horror, Incest, Exhibitionism, and Romance) which will give the readers (and voters) an excellent insight into the broad range of works available on the site.

But again there seems to be some skullduggery afoot! Why did the good QUEEN list only a few words from Mr Scouries story in her voting thread while listing long paragraphs from others? (In fact one of the nominees had her whole story reproduced – all 762 words – I wonder if it was a SURVIVOR offering?)


Gabrielle L.

The 10th Annual Literotica Awards: Most Original Sex Scene

Choice A Candy Shop by Kimbalee 7 comments 4.70 rating
Choice B Grace Under Pressure Ch. 01 by rachlou 7 comments 4.54 rating
Choice C Grave Lovers by Boxlicker101 7 comments 4.32 rating
Choice D In Uniform... In Mom by scouries 25 comments 4.50 rating
Choice E Love in an Elevator by Selena_Kitt 1 comment 4.04 rating
Choice F You Think Making Love is Easy? by marshtickledkitty 20 comments 4.76 rating
 
For those that don't know, Grand_High_Poobah, Gabby, Gabrielle L.
is an alt of Scouries. Talk about the kettle calling the pot black on the subject of alts.
 
And we wish good luck to everyone in the contest! To Kimbalee, to rachlou, to Boxlicker101, to serena and to marshtickledkitty (is this my old friend tickled pink? Has she changed her name?).

:rolleyes:

read much?

You Think Making Love is Easy?
by Marshtickledkitty©

This story was co-written by MarshAlien and tickledkitty and is our entry for the 2008 Valentine's Day Story Contest.
 
But again there seems to be some skullduggery afoot! Why did the good QUEEN list only a few words from Mr Scouries story in her voting thread while listing long paragraphs from others? (In fact one of the nominees had her whole story reproduced – all 762 words – I wonder if it was a SURVIVOR offering?)

Perhaps it's because you posted nearly half of the story instead of three paragraphs as the nomination threads requested?

Yeah, that whole reading comprehension thing really isn't working very well for you is it?


So just in case you forgot the rules:

From the Sexiest Male Character nomination thread posted by Laurel:

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=29702719&postcount=1

In this category, please nominate the male character in a Literotica story who you found to be the sexiest. Please include:

- the character's name
- the title of the story in which he lived
- the author of the story

(a link to the story satisfies the bottom two requirements)


Story must be currently on Literotica, and must have been submitted during the year 2008. One nomination per member, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.

*

And your ridiculously long winded post:

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=29948997&postcount=26

I won't bother quoting the whole damned thing. But again, it's that poor reading comprehension thing you've got going. You know, there are doctors who can help you with that. More than likely, she didn't bother wading through the endlessly long post to find the title of the story. Maybe if you'd actually READ the rules for nominations she would've found the title.

And from the Most Original Sex Scene nomination thread:

In this category, please nominate the sex scene in a Literotica story that you found to be most creatively done. Please include:

- a one sentence to three paragraph snippet of the creative sex scene (please do not quote more than one sentence to three paragraphs)
- the title of the story
- the author of the story
(a link to the story satisfies the bottom two requirements)


Story must be currently on Literotica, and must have been submitted during the year 2008. One nomination per member, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.


*

And more proof you can't read:

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=29939561&postcount=11

Again, I won't quote the whole post, but you really do make yourself look like an idiot when you don't bother to read the rules, dumbass.

---

So go ahead and try to insult me, moron. The proof of your stupidity is there for everyone to see.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top