Sweeps

gordo12

Experienced
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Posts
2,894
It was my understanding that sweeps ran every Friday. I don't see that happening.

Anybody have any idea of what is happening. Any regular intervals or has it all disappeared except for events.
 
I've never heard the "happens every Friday" supposition before.
 
I'd not heard they ran "every Friday," but they usually run four or five times during contests, and from what I've seen over time, randomly once a month or so between contests. I've always thought the timing was random, but then I don't enter contests and only pay idle attention, so don't know for sure. Someone who pays closer attention will drop by, I'm sure.
 
Hey, other changing numbers out in the world are more significant than LIT vote scores.

Right?
 
My experience is that sweeps do not occur at a regular time. They can happen anytime but especially near the submission deadline for a contest.
 
They used to happen at the end of the month for the Monthly Awards but I think those have fell by the way side.
 
I picked that tidbit up several years ago. But not having any stories at the time...

Pity, it would be a good thing ;)
 
Odd that this should come up now. I had votes removed from three stories today. There was only one case where it changed the score, and in that case the score went down.
 
Back
Top