The last person to post here wins again . . .

Robins get very aggressive around their nests. A mocking bird is even worse. I've seen Mocking birds run cats off.

English Robins may not be so aggressive. My current local Mr Robin (a very scruffy-looking guy) lets me get reasonably close then then takes off like a bloody rocket.

English Robins may not be so aggressive. My current local Mr Robin (a very scruffy-looking guy) lets me get reasonably close then then takes off like a bloody rocket.

It ain't the Mr that is the problem. It's the Mrs.

Back to the normal grind--with coffee. Starbucks with French vanilla creamer.

Dinner with my daughter . . . chicken breasts on the grill. :)

The air this morning -- just after dawn when I went to get the newspaper -- was light and seemed a little perfumed. Maybe it was from the Russian olives along the river, or from the lavender which is starting to flower now.

Time to start getting the garden pavilion function. Unfortunately, no coffee involved.

Morning all

The coffee is ready.

More rain today and the next three days. :rolleyes:

Morning all

The coffee is ready.

More rain today and the next three days. :rolleyes:

The forecast here includes a chance of showers. I don't know why they bother mentioning it. At this time of year it almost never works out and the forecast seems laughable.

The forecast here includes a chance of showers. I don't know why they bother mentioning it. At this time of year it almost never works out and the forecast seems laughable.

I saw snow yesterday.

The screened garden pavilion is now open for the season. It has wifi. That's where I'm headed now for the rest of the afternoon and a big chunk of the next five months.

My screened garden pavilion is open year round. It also has wifi but I call the thing a screened in back porch. :D

My screened garden pavilion is open year round. It also has wifi but I call the thing a screened in back porch. :D

The roof angles on our house wouldn't accommodate the adding of an attached screen porch (we do have a covered patio off the house), so I had one put one in the garden and had electricity and wifi run to it. It has both a living and dining area and I can use the computer and have a view of a stone patio and goldfish pond at the same time.

The roof angles on our house wouldn't accommodate the adding of an attached screen porch (we do have a covered patio off the house), so I had one put one in the garden and had electricity and wifi run to it. It has both a living and dining area and I can use the computer and have a view of a stone patio and goldfish pond at the same time.

That sounds almost bucolic.
I got grass, wind & rain.
:)

The weather made a liar out of me. We had a little sun shower just before sunset, with bright rainbows over the city. It's gone now and the sun has set.

Back