"Because it's there."

Certainly the Ruth then. That looks like the Mooses Tooth center right.

Could be, I've only flown about the mountain in a small plane, once. I see the Moose's Tooth on every clear day trip to my cabin from the road.

Could be, I've only flown about the mountain in a small plane, once. I see the Moose's Tooth on every clear day trip to my cabin from the road.

One of these days I'm going to occupy that cabin and protest something. Like "my decision to move back East."

I didn't realize the MT was visible from a road.

One of these days I'm going to occupy that cabin and protest something. Like "my decision to move back East."

I didn't realize the MT was visible from a road.

Prior to your occupation visit Denali Brewery and pick up several growlers of Twister Creek IPA.

There's a whole generation of climbers I've never heard of. I know they're pushing the limits though. This chap, Honnold, has some hard bark.

http://www.infinitylist.com/2011/10/climbing-without-a-rope-alex-honnold/

A couple nifty clips here: http://www.infinitylist.com/featured/climb/

blimey!

it must be an incredible sensation to be that much in control of one's body - to be able to move it that way. guess everyone's good at something. maybe he stinks at maths :D

There's a whole generation of climbers I've never heard of. I know they're pushing the limits though. This chap, Honnold, has some hard bark.

http://www.infinitylist.com/2011/10/climbing-without-a-rope-alex-honnold/

A couple nifty clips here: http://www.infinitylist.com/featured/climb/

It's amazing, isn't it? Honnold is a man without fear. At least of falling. There's a nice illustration of one of the skills climbers learn in that first vid. At 3:47 or so, watch his right arm, the one his weight is on. As he moves up, he bends the arm at the elbow, but his forearm, wrist and hand stay completely isolated and frozen. That way he doesn't change the force vector on the hand and pull it out of the crack, which would be bad.

blimey!

it must be an incredible sensation to be that much in control of one's body - to be able to move it that way. guess everyone's good at something. maybe he stinks at maths :D

From what the other guy says, he stinks at chicks.

From what the other guy says, he stinks at chicks.

:D
too busy climbing to be overly concerned i suppose, like the men who love their cars above all else, or studying some scientific ... thing

doesn't leave a whole lotta room for chicks.

Honnold is a man without fear.

He's got damn good skills.

Then I was in high school, one of the kids in school was winning all kinds of snowmachine races. He had never crashed. Once he did, he became an also ran at the rtaces.

:D
too busy climbing to be overly concerned i suppose, like the men who love their cars above all else, or studying some scientific ... thing

doesn't leave a whole lotta room for chicks.
I dunno. I think he's just a gifted dork.
He's got damn good skills.

Then I was in high school, one of the kids in school was winning all kinds of snowmachine races. He had never crashed. Once he did, he became an also ran at the rtaces.

Yeah, he may lose his mental armor one of these days. Not a lot of room for error in high end free soloing though.

It's amazing, isn't it? Honnold is a man without fear. At least of falling. There's a nice illustration of one of the skills climbers learn in that first vid. At 3:47 or so, watch his right arm, the one his weight is on. As he moves up, he bends the arm at the elbow, but his forearm, wrist and hand stay completely isolated and frozen. That way he doesn't change the force vector on the hand and pull it out of the crack, which would be bad.

It's this bit here I was talking about.

alex_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

It's this bit here I was talking about.

alex_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Explain the skill of not shitting ones pants and hyperventilating upon realizing how exposed one is?

Also, thanks for isolating the clip and posting it. Eureka moment on a less grand scale.

Explain the skill of not shitting ones pants and hyperventilating upon realizing how exposed one is?

Also, thanks for isolating the clip and posting it. Eureka moment on a less grand scale.

I have no idea. I'd be shitting myself on that route with a rope.

It was such a perfect illustration.

Back