Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is nothing so disturbing to one’s well-being and judgment as to see a friend get rich.
— Charles P. Kindleberger​

Manias, Panics and Crashes: A History of Financial Crises, Sixth Edition. Charles P. Kindleberger and Robert Z. Aliber. 2011. Forward by Robert Solow. Palgrave Macmillan. 2011

Last edited:
Natasha? I think I dated her at one time? Tell her I said "hi". :rolleyes:

Ok, no energy drinks for me after 8pm. Was useless in keeping me up to get any writing done. But sure gave me some strange nightmares. :eek:

OMG! I just turned up an old fortune cookie fortune that said: Look for the dream that keeps coming back. It is your destiny. It's obviously yours.

Natasha says Hi, and do you still do that thing with your ... what? No, I am not going to write that out in a public thread! You'll have to PM him. :rolleyes:

Hooray. Another report saying my students are all doing abnormally well and I should check what I'm doing wrong. Like teaching properly! :rolleyes: Amazing that they go to all this trouble to measure how people's students do and who the students love the most (one guess only!) and who the external assessors think marks best (guess who), then use the data to come niggling by saying, "Oh dear, you are making our bar chart look weird, can you not be a bit more average, silly woman."

My legs are going to feel so wobbly tonight. They ache already from my workout yesterday, and kung fu tonight is going to kill them...

I came close, I didn't actually black out. And no, I haven't gotten a checkup yet.

Don't you think you should get it checked out? Especially if you feel a bit under the weather generally at the moment but can't think why that might be?

Made it through kung fu class today, mostly. My brain felt a little clogged, and I had to pause well more often than normal, but no incidents of passing out.

That was driving me nuts. I heard my phone go off, looked at it, but it wasn't glowing and it wasn't vibrating. But my ring tone was still going.

And then I realized a commercial on the TV had the exact same music as its jingle. :p

That was driving me nuts. I heard my phone go off, looked at it, but it wasn't glowing and it wasn't vibrating. But my ring tone was still going.

And then I realized a commercial on the TV had the exact same music as its jingle. :p

Haha, I hate it when I think I've heard my phone chirp. But then I'll go to check it and there are no notifications. Then the leprecon sitting on the couch will ask what was it and I'll have to reply that it was nothing and that I may be going crazy. Then we'll watch my cats sing and dance Gangnam Style.

Haha, I hate it when I think I've heard my phone chirp. But then I'll go to check it and there are no notifications. Then the leprecon sitting on the couch will ask what was it and I'll have to reply that it was nothing and that I may be going crazy. Then we'll watch my cats sing and dance Gangnam Style.

Mine has the same drop-in-a-bucket chirp for messages, updates (which happen all the time; it's an Android) and new email. So it goes off twenty times a day. The screen is so damn sensitive that if it's in my pocket when I get a new message (which turns the screen on), just taking a step makes the phone move enough to activate it.

Thanks for all the fish....

Added two people to my ignore list in one day.

What gives with some of the people on this forum?

Too many strident and pompous personalities in one place...

This place used to be fun, but now a few people are sucking all the enjoyment out of the place…:rolleyes:

Added two people to my ignore list in one day.

What gives with some of the people on this forum?

Too many strident and pompous personalities in one place...

This place used to be fun, but now a few people are sucking all the enjoyment out of the place…:rolleyes:

It happens. There are ups and downs with any forum, I've noticed. There was a time when the first page of the AH would cycle through in ten minutes. Now, threads from the day before yesterday are still up.

I'm of the mind that it's only a matter of time before the place is hopping again.

Two new additions to the household today. :D

No, the wife didn't give birth to twins. We drove four hours to Dallas to pick up a pair of kittens.

Mind you, we already have a black-and-white cat that apparently only loves me, a full-bred (but mentally challenged) chihuahua that was a rescue pet, and a 20-pound "was supposed to be a chihuahua but holy hell can he run and jump" something-or-other.

Now we are the proud owners/parents of a pair of Bengal/Maine Coon kittens. They are brother and sister, and we got them from a rescue shelter for a grand total of $75.

If you have never heard of a Bengal cat, allow me to educate: these cats come about as the result of a breeding between a specific Asian leopard and a domestic cat. You end up with a very large cat that is feral in appearance and docile in temperament.

Now, take a Bengal and breed it with a Maine Coon, which is also a fairly large domestic cat. The result?

In our case, a couple of incredibly cute, cuddly, playful, and, eventually, very big pillows on legs.

I hope my wife knows what she's gotten us into. :p

My daughter has a Bengal. A friend gave it to her when she ended up with too many animals because she knew my daughter loved cats. Zara is a pure-bred Bengal and supposedly the woman paid $600 for her. She also has a Maine Coon. He's a baby. As in he loves to cuddle.

Unrelated blurt:

I'm tired of the rain. It's dark and gloomy every day. Early afternoon looks like evening, It's depressing.

My daughter has a Bengal. A friend gave it to her when she ended up with too many animals because she knew my daughter loved cats. Zara is a pure-bred Bengal and supposedly the woman paid $600 for her. She also has a Maine Coon. He's a baby. As in he loves to cuddle.

Unrelated blurt:

I'm tired of the rain. It's dark and gloomy every day. Early afternoon looks like evening, It's depressing.

My cat, Figaro has a bit of Maine Coon in him. He's got probably the bushiest tail I've seen. Figaro: http://sdrv.ms/TJM2Cw and my other cat Tinkerbell: http://sdrv.ms/TDkLhB

By the way, how's your kid been? I hope everything is going better. :rose:

My cat, Figaro has a bit of Maine Coon in him. He's got probably the bushiest tail I've seen. Figaro: http://sdrv.ms/TJM2Cw and my other cat Tinkerbell: http://sdrv.ms/TDkLhB

By the way, how's your kid been? I hope everything is going better. :rose:

My daughter went home late today/Monday. I talked to her on the phone a few minutes but I don't know what restrictions she has. (I chuckled at the 'kid' . . . she's 35.)

My daughter went home late today/Monday. I talked to her on the phone a few minutes but I don't know what restrictions she has. (I chuckled at the 'kid' . . . she's 35.)

Haha, whoops. :eek: Oh well, I'm 28 and my mother still calls me "kiddo". :p Beautiful cats you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back