Is The Draft Coming Back?

LovingTongue said:
Ooooh, big talk from someone who hasn't ever signed up before.

You sound exactly like those war hawks in Congress talking shit about sending troops to war and half of them never went.


and present and future.


It's still sexism.
I mean, unless you believe FATHERS aren't necessary.


When you jump into it, your character will become part of the discussion whether you like it or not.

That's as much a part of my freedom of speech as opposing the draft.

Don't like it? Tough shit.


I said this before to WARBRIDE. If someone is threatening my country, I'll be glad to fight. But it'll be my fucking choice. Got that, dumbfuck? My choice. Or are you anti-choice?
I'll also retaliate against anyone planning to gun me down for opposing or avoiding the draft, too.


Oh yes it is. You never signed up for service. I'm calling bullshit on that. Your big bad ass talk doesn't jive with your actions.

But again that's not unusual. We have a bunch of wimps in Congress who never served, and some who even used technicalities to dodge the draft, who are now acting like war hawks.

BTW I hope the fascist pigs who wish violence on draft opponents, like my .sig. I'm bending my own rules on this one, granted, but it's just too funny to pass up.


All you're doing is proving yourself more of a chickenshit as time passes.

So you'd rather your wife (who will probably never exist either) to go die for you in the war while you play Mr. Mom. Have at it, pussy. But you still haven't answered why everyone else, who would be drafted and NOT run, but comply, should be willing to die for your freedom while you turn tail and run, or while your kids do the same? What makes your life or theirs worth more than anyone else's?

WARMACHINE posted his address JUST LIKE YOU PRESSURED HIM TO DO, and now you can't even follow through. You knew you couldn't in the first place, which is why you turned the tables on him and started bandying about posting HIS address. He came through on it.

Did I ever state I'd run from the draft? Nope. YOUR character is on trial here, buddy, no matter how much you try to aim at everyone else to take the heat off yourself. I never said I'd run from the draft IF women were drafted, but the reality is that women AREN'T drafted. If the issue ever came up on Capitol Hill, I'd vote it out of existence to where women WOULD be drafted. But the reality as it is now is that women aren't drafted. Actually, NO ONE is drafted as it stands. But should it come back up, write Congress about the sexism. You can't use something against someone in argument that they have no power over. What about Kelly&Tracey? She's done VOLUNTARY service. So how do you respond to her? She's served... and what makes her life more expendable than yours or your family's when it comes to the freedom YOU enjoy?

WARMACHINE answered your challenge, and you balked. Even if I could show you enlistment papers when I finally DO sign up, I wouldn't because I'm NOT going to show my personal information... I would never challenge anyone else to do so, either. WARMACHINE never made a challenge to you that he wouldn't answer himself. So come on, where's your address? Let's see it, Billy Badass.

And just so you know, I DON'T like war. I usually don't support war. I support the troops, but I don't rally for war and WOULDN'T. However, due to the state of the armed forces AND the draft, IF they ever brought it back, it would damned sure be for a pretty good reason. If they drafted me, I'd go. YOU admitted that YOU wouldn't, and that you would expect your not-even-born son to run, as well, not even taking into consideration the fact that your kid might not have the same cowardly views as you. This is about the things YOU admitted. Now, if you want to test ME like you tested WARMACHINE, fine - show me a petition I could sign in support of women legally being drafted. I'll sign it. As it goes now, service IS voluntary and everyone's choice. And my choice, when my son is old enough to be without me (his father works over 60+ hours a week, which is why I stay home with my son in the first place), is to sign up for the military.

This isn't even ABOUT voluntary service, which is why the topic of the thread is "THE DRAFT", you stupid shit. You're saying that when it comes down to it, if our country was in the position that there weren't enough men to fight a war, that they'd better not look to YOU for support - you're planning to run.

Not only that, but your cries of "sexism" basically tell me that were you to HAVE a son and a wife, if YOU were drafted, you'd use the excuse "what about the fathers?", stay home with the kid, and send her out to die for your lazy ass. Your lack of balls is THAT great? Man, what a protector and provider you'd be. I hope NO woman is ever "lucky" enough to marry your sorry, trifling ass.
 
NonSexWithHer said:
Most enlisteds with families qualify for food stamps.

MOST? Where did that come from? Jeeezzzus MOST anyone fresh out of high school with a family these days qualify. All military family members receive extra housing money, food money, free medical, dental etc. plus their pay. Very few qualify for food stamps. You info is based on their income only and does not include the above

I've lived in base housing. It blows. There are nicer projects.

It's been awhile for you, huh? Most military housing now is farmed out in the community, especially in high cost living areas.

Before the current blow up America hadn't been in a real war since Viet Nam.

When did we declare war on Vietnam? Is this a new thing?

Please don't try and argue with me. You had a bad experience in the military it seems. Most RE-ENLIST 61% currently. Must be something there.
 
Robert Earl said:
Probably ?


Barring sickness, disability, or if my fiance wasn't around to care for our son. Right now, he's only 7 months old.

The same reasons (were I not a woman) that I wouldn't be able to go were I drafted.

I don't make any derogatory statements to those who don't CHOOSE to enlist. Right now, we have enough people and not a pressing enough situation to where they require people to be drafted. Most people are making a career out of the military OR are there to get money for college (my friend Matt doesn't plan to re-enlist once he gets out of the Navy). However, I am seriously considering CHOOSING the military as a career.

I'm talking about if our country was in a dire enough need, down to the wire, where they would NEED to call on me. Right now, military is a career choice just like any other. You couldn't fault anyone for not enlisting just as you couldn't fault someone for not choosing a career as a fireman.

However, if someone needed your help at the spur of the moment because a house full of people was burning down, you'd be branded a pretty big fucking coward if you didn't pitch in and try to help, ESPECIALLY because because that burning building contains your family, or is right next to your own building and is rapidly spreading.
 
kelley&tracy said:
This is a very untrue statement. I may be one of the few "experts" on what it takes to join the military here. A very, very small percentage are allowed to join with the quals you mention above.

I don't know about qualifications, but I met a couple of US soldiers in the Balkans who were mentally subnormal. One of them was almost special needs.

Their comrades said that they 'needed a lot of guidance.' Is this an official term ?
 
Robert Earl said:
I don't know about qualifications, but I met a couple of US soldiers in the Balkans who were mentally subnormal. One of them was almost special needs.

Their comrades said that they 'needed a lot of guidance.' Is this an official term ?

They wouldn't buy you a beer Robert? They're trained that way. Seriously, when away from home they are told to act as the natives do. See, it was all flattery for you.
 
kelley&tracy said:
I sincerely hope you are not a US citizen. As a retired veteran, I truly despise you and your types that take full advantage of the very freedoms that I help protect and vocally express no inclination to give anything back. If you don't approve of the draft or war, fine, I've help give you that right to say so. But to have this attitude you have and flaunt it is pathetic. If you don't have enough money to move the fuck out of this country, please contact me. I will help you. America, you dumb fuck, love it or leave it.

This is not like me to confess this, but K&T, you just made my nipples hard.
 
MysteryWhiteGirl said:
Barring sickness, disability, or if my fiance wasn't around to care for our son. Right now, he's only 7 months old.

The same reasons (were I not a woman) that I wouldn't be able to go were I drafted.




So when are you 'probably' going to join up then ? Next year ? The year after that ?
 
Robert Earl said:
So when are you 'probably' going to join up then ? Next year ? The year after that ?

If you're from the UK, then what concern is it of yours?

I mean, really.
 
Robert Earl said:
So when are you 'probably' going to join up then ? Next year ? The year after that ?

Once my son is at least in pre-school. I admit that at the moment, as well, I'm not within weight requirements for my height, so I have some more weight to lose, as well. As far as a career with the military goes, I have a few more loose ends to tie up domestically before I make that kind of a commitment (it's not just like a normal job you can quit at any time if there are time constraints or personal conflicts). Once my son's in pre-school, he'll be self-sufficient enough to help dad care for him while working a full-time job - upon enlisting, after all, you have to go for 10-12 weeks (depending on the branch) to basic training, upon which I'll have no contact with my family at all. The military is choosy on the basis of one's family situation, too - if a woman has no way for her children to be cared for, she has to sign them into someone else's legal custody before they'll let her join. There are a good deal of requirements to meet, and those are requirements I'm working on at the moment BEFORE I jump in head first. I started a thread about it on Lit not too long ago.

As for the draft, most of those requirements aren't considered. And, as I said, were situations so bad that the US would HAVE to reinstitute the draft, I would definitely go. AND I support legislation where women would HAVE to go (although, if a woman is a single mother, she would be required to find care for her child first. You can't just leave the children uncared for).
 
kelley&tracy said:
When did we declare war on Vietnam? Is this a new thing?

Please don't try and argue with me. You had a bad experience in the military it seems. Most RE-ENLIST 61% currently. Must be something there.

Perhaps he should have kept his fat ass safely behind the lines, with the rest of you rear echelon mother fuckers ( as even the guys who needed 'a lot of guidance' referred to heros like yourself ).
 
MysteryWhiteGirl said:
you'd rather your wife (who will probably never exist either) to go die for you in the war while you play Mr. Mom. Have at it, pussy.
BZZT. Wrong. I don't want anyone being drafted against their will.

But you still haven't answered why everyone else, who would be drafted and NOT run, but comply, should be willing to die for your freedom while you turn tail and run, or while your kids do the same? What makes your life or theirs worth more than anyone else's?
I said everyone should have a choice. Are you pro-choice or anti-choice?

I find it ironic that you, a Libertarian, are now all about using force to compel someone to do something.

WARMACHINE posted his address JUST LIKE YOU PRESSURED HIM TO DO
And the fucking knuckle dragging armpit scratching he-man dick waving mongoloid dumbass fell for the stinkybait.

His address was exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I got. As you can see in my .sig, the damage being done to him far exceeds the bullshit you or he are spewing onto the computer screen. He just took it to real life, and it's all going his way, and not in any way by my hands. Silly boy. I doubt the Lit rules forbid me from doing this, because it was him who posted his own address, and I'm not calling for anyone to do anything about it.

and now you can't even follow through. You knew you couldn't in the first place, which is why you turned the tables on him and started bandying about posting HIS address.
Sneaky? Yup. Underhanded? Yup.

To munge a Bruce Campbell quote something fierce: Good? Bad? I'm the one who made him post his home address.

I am doing this with the specific intent to offend and absolutely inflame and enrage anyone who has no problem with his challenge to take this into real life. The more you whine about it the more I'm gonna laugh. Hard.

Did I ever state I'd run from the draft?
Irrelevant. You are safe from the draft.
And I'm calling your character into question on the grounds that I don't buy your big bad talk about how you would enlist. Actions speak louder than words.

If the issue ever came up on Capitol Hill, I'd vote it out of existence to where women WOULD be drafted. But the reality as it is now is that women aren't drafted. Actually, NO ONE is drafted as it stands.
And if my vote means anything I will vote to ensure no one ever is drafted again.

As I've said twice before. If this country is in real danger I'll be signed up myself. But I'll be god damned if you or anyone else is ever going to force me to invade someone else's soil and dick around there the way Bush is now.

What about Kelly&Tracey? She's done VOLUNTARY service. So how do you respond to her? She's served... and what makes her life more expendable than yours or your family's when it comes to the freedom YOU enjoy?
I respond to her by saying that military service should be a choice and not forced on people. I'm amazed that you Looneytarians don't see the logic there, since you're always talking about "force" and choice and bullshit.

WARMACHINE answered your challenge, and you balked. Even if I could show you enlistment papers when I finally DO sign up, I wouldn't because I'm NOT going to show my personal information... I would never challenge anyone else to do so, either. WARMACHINE never made a challenge to you that he wouldn't answer himself. So come on, where's your address? Let's see it, Billy Badass.
WARBRIDE was stupid to post his address. And I wanted him to post it so I could parade his chest banging stupidity for all the world to see.

IF they ever brought it back, it would damned sure be for a pretty good reason.
sheep.jpg


If they drafted me, I'd go. YOU admitted that YOU wouldn't,
Damn skippy. Now do something about it. But you can't. So kiss my ass.


This isn't even ABOUT voluntary service, which is why the topic of the thread is "THE DRAFT", you stupid shit.
This THREAD was started by someone who was QUESTIONING the draft, dumbfuck.

It is quite relevant for someone to state opposition to the draft AND also say that service should remain voluntary.

Or did you miss the point when NonSexWithHer said "Grinders need meat"?

You're saying that when it comes down to it, if our country was in the position that there weren't enough men to fight a war, that they'd better not look to YOU for support - you're planning to run.
I'm saying that the way Bush is doing things he's creating a shortage because of an unnecessary war we need not keep on fighting, and I'll be god damned if any of you goons are ever going to force me onto that battlefield. Period.

If this country is itself in danger then I will fight. But not otherwise.

Not only that, but your cries of "sexism" basically tell me that were you to HAVE a son and a wife, if YOU were drafted, you'd use the excuse "what about the fathers?"
If there's a draft we're all hauling ass. I'm not for men or women being drafted. The sexism of the draft is just additional rocks onto the camel's broken back.

You really are quite the anti-choice advocate today, aren't you?

PS: the .sig still stands. Let this serve as a warning to anyone trying to take disputes with me into real life.
 
The likelihood of a draft is between slim and none.

But:

The draft won't coming back in the same form as before. If there is a new draft it'll be tough to avoid.

They've done away with a good number of the exemptions such as joining the National Guard (Bush Jr. ) or staying in college (Cheney).

The National Guard now serves overseas in great number and if you're a college student you get to finish your current year or semester and that's it.
 
Morcheeba said:
This is not like me to confess this, but K&T, you just made my nipples hard.

I'm all for freedom of speech. What gets so far fucking under my skin are morons that freely enjoy the benefits of living in the greatest free country in the world, yet bitch, moan, and complain if any sacrafice is required of them. Parasites, leeches, and ticks are words that start to describe such losers. I have no problem with people in other countries that try and belittle us. Most don't enjoy our standards or are privy to our way of life. People like LT are pathetic morons that should be subjected to less so as to appreciate what they have.
 
Morcheeba said:
If you're from the UK, then what concern is it of yours?

I mean, really.

It's my concern because it's entertaining.

Someone says they're against the draft and then a whole lot of war-mongers, none of whom has the stones to join up, start calling them names because of it.

On the case in point, I'd be for the draft for exactly the reason that it won't be introduced. And that is, if everyone's kids do have to join up, your politicos will only be able to use the army in justified wars, not fucked up little adventures like Iraq.
 
kelley&tracy said:
I'm all for freedom of speech. What gets so far fucking under my skin are morons that freely enjoy the benefits of living in the greatest free country in the world, yet bitch, moan, and complain if any sacrafice is required of them. Parasites, leeches, and ticks are words that start to describe such losers. I have no problem with people in other countries that try and belittle us. Most don't enjoy our standards or are privy to our way of life. People like LT are pathetic morons that should be subjected to less so as to appreciate what they have.
And it's war hawk fucktards like you who inspire me to rub it into your faces when I trick your idiot kind into posting their home addresses while challenging me to take into real life.

And how about you? You offered to send me out of the country. You want to take this into real life, too? Or is seeing WARBRIDE's home address posted for the world to see, a little too traumatic? I bet you'll retract that offer now.
 
LovingTongue said:
Or is seeing WARBRIDE's home address posted for the world to see, a little too traumatic? I bet you'll retract that offer now.


I'm willing to bet a pound to a pinch of pig shit that Warmachine's home address is as real as MWG's ambition to sign up.
 
LovingTongue said:
And it's war hawk fucktards like you who inspire me to rub it into your faces when I trick your idiot kind into posting their home addresses while challenging me to take into real life.

And how about you? You offered to send me out of the country. You want to take this into real life, too? Or is seeing WARBRIDE's home address posted for the world to see, a little too traumatic? I bet you'll retract that offer now.

Please, for the sake of the next generation, don't breed.

If you send a letter to the San Diego Tribune revoking your citizenship and your will to get out of the U.S. of A. subject to me buying your ticket, then yes, I will glady pay. Now get busy writing.
 
LovingTongue said:
And it's war hawk fucktards like you who inspire me to rub it into your faces

I abhor war moronic one. I just enjoyed serving my country. Is that so bad shit stain?
 
LovingTongue said:
I said everyone should have a choice. Are you pro-choice or anti-choice?

The reason you even HAVE a choice is because someone died for you. Way to put it in black or white terms like a true idiotic extremist. You're basically saying, "I want the choice, but I don't want to have to pay anything for it." It's easy to say, "Well, I just chose not to go" even if your country DID need you. To be able to suck it up when the country you've been take, take, taking from requires you to ante up actually requires a SPINE, you cowardly fuck.

I find it ironic that you, a Libertarian, are now all about using force to compel someone to do something.

I'm not about black and white answers to everything. Say for abortion, as far as choice goes... what if we were down to the last handful of people in the world. Would I support anti-choice legislation? You're damned right. I'm for civil liberty, but you've got to temper it with some common sense. Freedom, choice, none of that will mean one damned thing if you end up being blown to bits. Obviously, the situation we've got NOW that Bush has started ISN'T the type of situation REQUIRING a draft. Like I said, and you have NO evidence to the contrary, in order to REINSTITUTE the draft after the fiasco with Viet Nam, there would have to be a damned pressing reason. Call me a sheep for it; the same points have been made over and over. There IS a reason the draft isn't in effect at the moment.


His address was exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I got. As you can see in my .sig, the damage being done to him far exceeds the bullshit you or he are spewing onto the computer screen. He just took it to real life, and it's all going his way, and not in any way by my hands. Silly boy. I doubt the Lit rules forbid me from doing this, because it was him who posted his own address, and I'm not calling for anyone to do anything about it.

Which is fine. Not like you had any to begin with, but keep compromising what SHRED of dignity or credibility in argument you ever had. And you wonder why people sometimes just like to bang on you for seemingly no reason? That's why. You're a chickenshit piece of biohazardous waste.


I am doing this with the specific intent to offend and absolutely inflame and enrage anyone who has no problem with his challenge to take this into real life. The more you whine about it the more I'm gonna laugh. Hard.

Who's whining? You're the one proving what a yellowbellied santorum stain you are. It's a shame that it's at WARMACHINE'S expense, but hey - you're doing yourself more of a detriment than anyone else's. You're admitting to baiting someone for petty retailiation for disagreeing with you. You've got plenty to laugh about because you're a walking fucking joke.


Irrelevant. You are safe from the draft.

Which is irrelevent. I didn't write the law. You want a change? Write your Congressman. You can't do shit about my calling you a dickcheese coward because just as you're crowing about your "freedom of speech", one for which you have NO interest in fighting if it came down that the country might NEED you to, I can call you a chickenshit. Simple.

And I'm calling your character into question on the grounds that I don't buy your big bad talk about how you would enlist. Actions speak louder than words.

Right. All we have to go on are words. So, in this theoretical situation, you would turn tail and run, and I would sign up and fight (being that women aren't legally drafted). You've shown your stance on the matter.

And if my vote means anything I will vote to ensure no one ever is drafted again.

Your choice. As long as you're NOT drafted, then the argument is moot. However, the fact that you'd run like a little scared bitch says a lot about you and how much you value your freedoms... so much that you're more than prepared to have someone ELSE die for you. But no, nobody ask LT to do it.

As I've said twice before. If this country is in real danger I'll be signed up myself. But I'll be god damned if you or anyone else is ever going to force me to invade someone else's soil and dick around there the way Bush is now.

Wellllll, actions speak louder than words was your admonition. So, you're going to sign up willingly... where's the proof? Oh, you don't have any. So you concede this is a theoretical situation, and IN that situation, you'd be a lilly livered draft dodger whereas *I* would be out there willingly risking my ass. Okay.

I respond to her by saying that military service should be a choice and not forced on people. I'm amazed that you Looneytarians don't see the logic there, since you're always talking about "force" and choice and bullshit.

We don't believe in free rides if the time comes to pay the piper, or at least I don't. If my country requires something from me, I'll give it. You're the one who expects the free ride, something for nothing.

WARBRIDE was stupid to post his address. And I wanted him to post it so I could parade his chest banging stupidity for all the world to see.

And all you're doing is showcasing your chickheartedness. He made good on a challenge, you didn't. I can't believe you don't see how it works against you. WARMACHINE obviously believes he could handle YOU, and as a consequence of posting his addy, anyone else willing to come at him. You, obviously, aren't even though you talked the big talk.

Damn skippy. Now do something about it. But you can't. So kiss my ass.

As Napoleon said, "Never interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake." I actually think WARMACHINE is able to handle himself if anyone gets a wild hair to take their grudge with him real time. I don't think he would've bet the devil his head if he couldn't pay up.

You, on the other hand, just continue to parade around your cowardice. Which is more than fine with me. Have at it.


I'm saying that the way Bush is doing things he's creating a shortage because of an unnecessary war we need not keep on fighting, and I'll be god damned if any of you goons are ever going to force me onto that battlefield. Period.

Of course not. But, with MORE than glee, were I ever among those "sheep" who complied with the draft and had you in my crosshairs to take your ass down for trying to draft dodge... you bet your ass I'd laugh while doing it. You're a fucking coward.

If this country is itself in danger then I will fight. But not otherwise.

And you, in your omniscience, are in so much better of a position to determine that than the gov't at the helm who would DECLARE said war and deem the draft necessary. Right.


If there's a draft we're all hauling ass. I'm not for men or women being drafted. The sexism of the draft is just additional rocks onto the camel's broken back.

You really are quite the anti-choice advocate today, aren't you?

PS: the .sig still stands. Let this serve as a warning to anyone trying to take disputes with me into real life.


Still trying to retain the position? WARMACHINE gave YOU the initiative... and you make it into some lame assed attempt at a threat? Good God, I can't understand how you fail to see how goddamned stupid you are.
 
Holy fuck, how did this thread get 90 replies?

Of course the draft isn't coming back. Stupidheads.
 
Back
Top