Last Daughter of Krypton: Legion OOC

i'm gonna let you girls set things up

:D

I need to hammer something out for Lunar real quick, then I'll bounce back to "Legion."

And, Wyld, speaking of Lunar, I know he had a notion regarding Wildfire. Dunno if he's had anything concrete written up yet, but you guys might wanna discuss.

:: shrugs, sheepish :: Probably nothing to persp about, but still.
 
:) Tinya and Jo had a thing for a while, but for Tinya it was one of those experimental things. For Jo it was as it always is. If it feels good you do it:).
 
I need to hammer something out for Lunar real quick, then I'll bounce back to "Legion."

And, Wyld, speaking of Lunar, I know he had a notion regarding Wildfire. Dunno if he's had anything concrete written up yet, but you guys might wanna discuss.

:: shrugs, sheepish :: Probably nothing to persp about, but still.

If he wants Drake he's his:D. I can always work out someone else. Maybe just run Dawny.
 
:) Tinya and Jo had a thing for a while, but for Tinya it was one of those experimental things. For Jo it was as it always is. If it feels good you do it:).

Yeah. :: grins :: Sounds good to me.

(Tinya was, I'm sure, at least partly doing this to tick off her hoity-toity toff of a mother? :: laughing :: )
 
Yeah. :: grins :: Sounds good to me.

(Tinya was, I'm sure, at least partly doing this to tick off her hoity-toity toff of a mother? :: laughing :: )

Oh no doubt on that matter. Jo was stung but she played it close to her hip. Still issues between them.
 
yes hon, but I am still out here going postal. I'm going to look back at it when I get home & shoot you a PM back.

(& still chuckling about the X-rated swordfight!!)
 
The Martian Manhunter

Thanks to Abraxas for his approval, and to Chas for the backstory:


The Martian Manhunter

martian_manhunter_1_1280x1024.jpg


J'onn J'onzz, the last surviving Green Martian.

J'onn was pulled to Earth, literally, in the 20th Century by Dr. Erdel, who was testing an experimental communication device. J'onn was actually captured in a parallax of space/time, for when he was pulled to Earth, his race of Martians had been dead for thousands of years, hense the discoveries of the Face of Mars and Mt. Olympus being parts of the vast city of the ancient race of Martians.

Martian Manhunter possesses a wide variety of superhuman powers, including super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability and flight. Like Superman, Martian Manhunter has "Martian vision" (a term designating both the ability to see through solid objects and the ability to generate optic heat beams).

The Martian Manhunter also possesses the power of shapeshifting, which he employs for various effects (e.g., adopting human or monstrous appearance, elongating his limbs, growing to immense size). He can alter the chemical makeup of his body to imitate various materials such as steel or stone. J'onn can render himself invisible, and is also able to become intangible so as to pass harmlessly through solid objects. He is a powerful telepath, capable of both perceiving the thoughts of others and of projecting his own thoughts. He often acts as a "switchboard" between minds in order to coordinate the Justice League's actions. The extent of his telepathic abilities is great; several times he has connected to the entire planet Earth. He also possesses telekinetic powers.

Aside from his superhuman powers, the Manhunter is also a skilled and very capable detective. As Batman mentions in his file, that "in many ways, Martian Manhunter is like an amalgam of Superman and the Dark Knight himself."

In our Legion story, J'onn's alter-ego is R. J. Brande, a very financially sound (read as uber-rich) industrialist/scientist who financially backs the Legion, as well as providing technology for them. His identity, however, is a secret, and no one knows the Martian Manhunter is alive in this time. Martian Manhunter left earth around the 27th or 28th Century, during a time of crisis, when he was being hunted by agents from the planet Apokolips. To get to the Martian Manhunter, Darkseid specifically targeted Earth and the people with whom J'onn was closest. To draw them away, J'onn left Earth and flew to several other planets, finally stopping on a peaceful world overseen by Var and Raya Sen. The elite Green Lantern Corps met J'onn there, and Darkseid was defeated. It was thought, though, that the Martian Manhunter was either killed or imprisoned in the Phantom Zone.
 
Last edited:
I am the crazy redneck mailman who created this thread and I approve this character

:D

That's fuckin' hilarious!

And on the lighter side.....T.O. has his own reality show? WTF, over?

Guess Jerry Jones didn't see that coming...
 
Hey Braxie, am I cleared to post my other character yet?:D If so I'll put up the bio as soon as I'm at the machine with the pics for her:). But I have a (hopefully) really cool intro post.
 
we did some minor background work on Dawny

she's a bit different

& her homeworld is a whole lot more interesting!!!

;)
 
Valkyrie M3, aka "VM3" (or "Val," if Karate Kid isn't around XD )


3c2a9e2dbb7b3ea599f2f7f35af61036.jpg


Name: Jaymie Rozymac Greystone
Age: 18
Race: Post-Human/Metahuman, Earth Native
Height: 5'5"
Hair: Ice Blue
Eyes: Red

rei002.jpg


Jaymie is a direct descendant of Rose McCrimmon, later Rose Greystone, aka "Valkyrie Missile," and therefore also of Kyle Alec Greystone, aka "Wraith."

Not all the sons and daughters of Rose and Kyle received any powers, as the passing-down of metagenes is hardly an exact science. The fraction of the bloodline that received Rose's full array of powers was even smaller than that.

Jaymie, perhaps obviously, has inheritance in that tiny percentile.

Her powers emerged at the age of 14 1/2 and immediately, immediately, she was put to training by her father, Loren Greystone, a decorated veteran of The EarthForce Naval Corps since before that arm of Terran military was integrated and consolidated into U.P. resources. What Jaymie lacks in raw intellect and courage, she makes up for in gut instinct and a willingness to put her fears aside. Thus, she managed to make the cut and join The Legion on its second recruitment drive, very soon after she turned the qualifying age of 16.

She's been a Legionnaire for two years now, and while she's not hardly a legend as yet, she's gotten dirt under her fingernails and hardships under her belt.

Like other slightly younger LSHers, she holds The Originals in awe.

---

Powers: Enhanced overall physique including peak-human superathletic abilities (chasing down landcars on foot, bending metal bars, sharpened senses), hardy metabolism, and just a touch of injury resistance; Pyrokinesis (Capable of emitting extremely high temperature heat and flame and explosive force (accompanied by auras of molten golden light)); Cryokinesis (Capable of lowering temperatures drastically to below-freezing levels (accompanied by auras of blue-white lightning) and simultaneously telekinetically manipulating any available water to create physical ice); Immune to extremes in temperature, though capable of perceiving these with startling precision; Capable of adjusting her vision to see in the infrared spectrum; Capable of detecting trace amounts of water molecules in the air around her; Unassisted Flight

Weaknesses: Her energy reserves are extensive, her physical attributes enhanced by further training...

But she's not indestructible, and she's not indefatigable, and her psyche is hardly invulnerable.​
 
Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php


Name: Dawnstar
Alias: None
Age: 18
Hair color: Black
Eye color: brown
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 145 pounds
Wingspan: 22'4"
Homeworld: Star Haven

Background: Born to Moonwalker and Mistrider, Dawnstar was raised respecting all of her heritage. From the beginnings as proud Apache on the western plains to her tribe's reaching out to the stars and the founding of Star Haven.

What the colonists of Stra Haven didn't realize was that the planet itself was a sentient. The world did not mind the new inhabitants, as there were no other intelligent race and it longed for something. The planet bonded to the colonists and began learning of the proud nature of the people. It started listening to the dreams of the colonists which were generally influenced by the traditions they held proudly to. Star Haven decided the people needed a gift, so it triggered events that would cause an evolution event. What it did was trigger the Earthers' Metagene. The first native born Star Havenites were born with the beginnings of wings which matured and grew into true wings by the time the children reached puberty. Part of the evolution event was an increase in the world's gravity to 1.7 Earth norm.

When Star Haven was a young colony they received contact from the Thanagarians. The Thanagarians trained the budding colony in the ways of zero gravity combat and tactics. To this day the Star Haven militia is respected by all, even the Khundian empire respects them.

Dawnstar's mutant ability gave her family a very healthy business as an interstellar body guard/tracker. Moonwalker was approached by one R.J. Brande and was offered a large retainer for the services of his daughter, hence Dawnstar became a Legionaire.

She is considered by many of the team as a barbarian. Her costume is made of true leather, not synthetic, and in a fashion similar to Thanagarians of note in Earth's past she uses ancient weaponry. However unlike the Thanagarians she uses weapons known to have been used by the ancient Apache indians.

Powers: Dawnstar is able to live for prolonged periods without atmosphere or gravity. She is able to fly at interstellar speeds. But the power that has earned her place on the team is her ability to track a person or item across interstellar distances with an amazing accuracy. And as it is with all the members of her race she is stronger and tougher than human norm due to her upbringing on a higher than Earth gravity.
 

Attachments

  • Dawny.jpg
    Dawny.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 222
  • dawny1.jpg
    dawny1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 210
  • dawny2.jpg
    dawny2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 243
Caroline.jpg


Powergirl


Name: Caroline Harrison
Age: 18
Race: Human / Kryptonian
Height: 5'7"
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue

Caroline is a descendant of the Last Daughter of Krypton, Kara Zor-El. She has tried to live up to the expectations of her peers, but quite frankly... it's not easy trying to be the next Supergirl. Her human emotions often get in the way of her better senses, but she has often seen them as more of a boon than her personal bane.

Powers:
Caroline has inherited nearly every trait that defines a Kryptonian: Unaided flight, superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, senses, intelligence, regeneration and longevity; super breath, heat vision and x-ray vision. She has, however, experienced some difficulty in controlling a few of her powers, and they tend to spike uncontrollably when her emotions flare up.

Weaknesses:
Green Kryptonite (It takes a heavy and direct exposure to have any real effect on her - Simply holding a tiny green shard to her face will probably only piss her off).

Red Sunlight - Caroline loses her abilities when under the light of a Red Sun.

Magic - Caroline is as susceptible to magical attacks as is the next person, but she is not especially vulnerable to it.
 
Last edited:
is it okay if i join if i come up with the background for Damian's decendant?

i'd rather you pick a exsisting Legonairre. I never felt comforable with why Damien never returned to his own reality, & it's going to be so far back (since he ages normally) that any blood relationship is only going to be a footnote in a geneology chart.
 
Back
Top