On Strahl's Wings. (closed for Lotus_Maiden)

Balthier seemed oblivious to just how close he had come to being flat on his back as he shot Fran a knowing grin. "Yes, on a count of your nice, fluffy..." He casually moved to dry Fran's crotch by way of wordlessly indicating what he meant in no uncertain terms.

He caught her eye line looking toward the far mirror and realized that she was taking an admiring look at his body as well. He couldn't help but wiggle his ass for her just a little, since she seemed to like it so much. "It's not so much that I answer to Nono as it is that I would rather the Strahl stay sky worthy. Never upset your mechanic if you want them to give it all they've got. Plus, have you ever been hit by a really big wrench before? It kind of hurts."

Balthier noticed that Fran seemed to be lost in thought for a moment and he couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. She was pretty hard to read, but then, he suspected all Vierans were that way. Mysterious as they were beautiful.

"Certainly not!" He drew back from her, offended by the insinuation. "I have more pride than that, thank you very much." By the spirits, if this is what she thought of him... He would have to seriously rethink visiting her in her bed later tonight... "If I have given you the impression that I would share my shower with just anyone, you are quite mistaken." He looked mildly hurt as he turned and started to dry himself off a little more briskly than he had been her.

His reaction, words and body language startled her. She was surprised that he was offended. She studied his grimace face on the mirror as he dried himself with the two. “Hm, it’s your pride that I figure you would have guests often.” She traced her fingers over the claw marks that she had inflected and admitted with a grin, “Guess I've read you wrong.”

Fran preyed the towel from him and dabbed it over the skinny blood trails on his back. She was not going to heal wounds, just cleaning them. If she couldn’t rid the hickey on her neck, he had to keep these marks too. After she hung the towel over his shoulders, she grabbed her neatly folded cloth on the counter and got dress.

“I still want that toour,” she reminded him with a side way smile, “Maybe we'll be due for another shower after all running around the airship.” She slapped his ass then walked off, took the lead to exit the bathroom but stopped just outside and waited for him.

Balthier glanced up as Fran spoke, arching a a suspicious eyebrow at first, but then she started to trace the red furrows she'd left streaking down his back in an almost affectionate manner. He couldn't help but crack a smirk over her admission of being in the wrong.

He let he take the towel from him and dab at his scratch wounds. She could be tender yet she seemed such a mystery to him as she left him standing there with the towel draped over his shoulders. He watched her dress through the mirror his eyes going nearly lidded and his smirk of pleasure filling out into a wide grin. She could even make getting dressed look sexy. Rare talent, that, he thought.

"To tour!" He replied as if the slap on his ass had restored his voice. He got dressed as quickly as he could, hopping on one leg as he tugged on his pants. "Down here is the cargo hold slash shuttle bay, big enough to smuggle all sorts of illicit goods or a stolen shuttle pod or two." He flashed her a smile and a wink. "And down here is the engine room, but we don't want to disturb Nono, he might throw a wrench at us." He ducked back out and started climbing a set of metal rungs. "And up here is the kitchen, dining area. Showers, beds, and up that way is the cockpit."

Fran followed closely next to the captain as he led the tour. The Strahl wasn't a big ship, but she was a beauty. "You've treated her well," she commented. She was surprised and awed at how tidy and clean for a bachelor pad. This was basically the sky pirate's home and he was practically the only passenger since Nono was pretty much non-interference.

"Does your mechanic know I'm an addition of the Strawwhl now?" She questioned when he once again verbally dodged the infamous wrench.

She climbed the stair after him. "Wait. Showerssss? Plural? But you said there's only one." She gave him a stare down. Not that she minded the little white lie too much, but it was still a lie. Instead of feeling furious though, she smirked like she was impressed by the idea.

"Well, she can only take care of me as long as I watch out for her. Nono and I, we've done some heavy modifications to the old girl over the years." Balthier leaned against the bulk head of a door way and glanced down to see Nono peering up at him accusingly. "He does now, and if you don't want him getting free glances at your knickers, you might want to consider making the move to pants from now on."

"Hmm, so I did... Only one of the works though, Nono reworked the other one to provide hydroelectric power in case the main crystals break out there.

“I dress to my own comfort. He’s free to glance, and I’m free to gauge his eyes out.” Fran followed the captain glance and found the Moogle peering at them. The round fury white Nono shook his wrench at them, more directed to Balthier really. He mumbled some curses before turned his heels and waddled off.

She then looked back at Balthier with a victorious smirk on her face. She didn't question his explanation about the shower situation. Instead she suggested firmly, “Aye, capt, we should set sail to Rabanastre. We need to cash in that pendant-hunt after all. How fast can she go?"

"And I wouldn't have it any other way, you're beautiful when you're comfortable after all." Balthier shook his head and chuckled under his breath over his two companions. "He's harmless, really, well, to you at any rate. I'll have to wear a helm to bed for a few weeks until he gets used to you."

Balthier sighed, seeing how Fran had suddenly gone all business like once more. "We can be there in a couple hours. In the mean time, would you care for something to eat? I'm famished..." He turned and entered the kitchen and dining area. "I know how to make some delightful Crepe Suzette. Or are you a vegitarian?"

Though Fran smirked when he called her beautiful, she was somewhat giddy inside. "Sleeping with a helm can't be comfortable. What's he going to do to you? I can caast a sleep spell over him if you like," she offered.

"Hmm, crepe sounds delissh." She stepped into the kitchen after him. "Nay, I don't depriive myself from any food groups. I try anything at least oonce. Impreess that you cook. You're just full of suurprises, Balthieer."

She stayed behind him and offered, "oi anything I need to doo?"

"Its more of a boxing helmet, just enough that it dulls the blows but comfy enough I can sleep in it." Balthier couldn't maintain the joke any longer without cracking a grin. "No, no need for that, truly, he's really a good companion. Unless you misplace his tools." He laughed aloud and shook his head. "In fact, I think he likes you."

"Oh, it is, it is! You've never had it before I take it? What sort of delights do your kind indulge in? I may have to have you teach me a dish or two." He took out a pan and turned to her, pleasantly surprised. "Oh good, I thought being of the green you would disdain things like meats and other animal byproducts."

He went back to work preparing their meal as she stated she was impressed with him. "Oh, well, you know, a boy's got to eat, right? Not like I can afford a cook on board this fine ship." He took out a self contained whisking pot with a handle that could be squeezed to make the contents stir. "Here, put some powdered sugar in this and give it a good fluffing." He instructed her as he cracked several eggs into another whisking pot and added a dab of milk to turn them into a nice frothy and evenly yellow fluid.

He poured four even portions into the pan and let them sizzle, adding a length of green onion to each and rolling them into slender tubes."Okay, now sift some of the sugar on top of them..." He instructed Fran as he went over to the liqueur cabinet. "Now, for the best part!" He said with glee as he grabbed a bottle of liqueur from the top shelf and rushed back. "Viola!" He poured some into the pan and it lit into a burst of brilliant blue flame. "The liqueur burns off and leaves the sugar caramelized." He took the pan off the heat and cut her a small bite. "Here, see?" He blew on it as he turned to offer it to her.

The white eyebrow rose when Fran noted a devilish grin on Balthier. There she was ready to defend him, but it was all just a joke. She rolled her eyes and brushed of the fact that she misread that completely. “Yoo’re certain he does now? You know him vvery well then.

“No, I haff not. I indulge in whatever bar, tavern and restaurant serve,” she admitted, staring back at the man with a pan in his hand. “On the contrarrry, we Vieras embrace the cycle of food chain. We do not waste anything fed by the woodz, including the animals and their byproducts.”

The Viera looked down at the whisking pot in her hands, puzzlement strewn across her face. Fran had never needed to cook. In Eruyt Village, her younger sister Mjrn was the cook of three girls. Once she left home, she paid for all her meals. His instruction sounded easy enough.

Her hand dug into the container with ‘powdered sugar’ label on the counter, scooped a handful and dumped into the pot. Plop. Her now sugar-coated fingers grabbed the whisk and gave it a twist. Some spilled over while a storm of white powder attacked her.

“K,” she said when he gave her the second step. Again, she scooped with her hand and sprinkled the sweetness into the sizzling pan. At least she didn’t dump the whole pot. Seconds later, the space smelled like honey and tang of alcohol after the blue flame subdued.

Fran’s gaze dropped from his to the fork. She had white residue all over her face. It would had shown on her hair if it hadn’t blend in so well with those white locks. She took the small piece of crepe in her mouth. It was warm, gooey and delicious. “Mmmm!” she moaned at the heavenly taste and pulled her head back. “Thaat’s good!” Her tongue ran across her lips, savoring the crumbs and bits.

"Yes, yes, I've never seen Nono look up a woman's skirt quite as long as he did yours. So, yes, I think he might be fond of you already." Balthier teased her. "But please, don't maim him if you catch him doing it again, we need him to keep this old girl flying. You know how mechanics are. Very salt of the earth sorts and all."

"Oh? I can't say that I'm overly fond of bar food. It will do in a pinch. Taverns are very much home cooking, practical, but a little boring. Now, what kind of restaurant's have you been to? Nothing quite as impressive as this, I hope!" He lifted the flame spouting pan a couple of times to make the fire dance before Fran's eyes.

"You might want to..." He was about to warn Fran not to whisk the sugar without its cover on but it was too late. "Woops! Hahahaha!" He fished in his breast pocket for another handkerchief so that she could dust herself off but it was empty. Instead, he fed her another bite, she seemed to like the first so much.

"Very good." Balthier agreed, relishing the way she licked her lips. He smirked at her as he reached up and ran his pointer and middle finger tips along her cheek and then took a taste of the powdery residue he'd collected from her skin. "Mmm, you taste even better though." Before he was tempted to start licking her face he plated their meals up and took them to the table. "Would you care for some wine with your meal?" He asked pleasantly as he caught a drizzle of caramelized sugar that threatened to drip from his plate on the pad of his thumb and sucked it clean.

Just as she leaned in for the second bite, he ran his fingers across her powdery face and tasted the digits. Fran scoffed. “Feel free to taste the rest,” she paused for a full second before added, “off my face. It’s your turn to scrub me down.”

“Aye, I can use a gla---.” A movement flickered in the corner interrupted her words. She looked over to the door and saw Nono waddling in with a wrench in his hand. He smiled at Fran before glared at Balthier. His wrench pointed at the Hume like it was a gun. Without a word and break his eye contact, he came over to the table, grabbed one of the plates, backed toward the door, and then trotted off.

Fran stared at the moogle-less doorway, both baffled and amused what had just happen. “Hahaha! What a character.” She looked over to the captain. “At least he left us one. Don’t mind sharing.” She pushed her plate toward him, centering between them.

"Are you sure? That is a bit of a dangerous offer to make a man like me you know, Fran. I may just carry things a bit too far." Balthier teased, grabbing a bottle of wine. He froze on the spot as Nono confronted him arching an eyebrow as the Moogle took off with a portion of the food. After he had gone Balthier let out a sigh. He came back to the table with a couple of glasses in his other hand and poured them both some wine. "He surely is, a character. Thank you kindly, I don't mind if I do." He cut the last Crepe in two and offered her half of it.

“I like danger,” Fran smirked.

She took a healthy bite out of her half of the crepe before sipped on the wine. Her eyes looked at the man before her. She swirled the glass’ stem in her hand. “You’re too refined to be just a sky pirate.”

She leaned in closer to him. Eyes locked and ears pointed forward, “Who is really Balthieer? Normally I wouldn't ask. Since we're partner, however, I like to know. Hm?"

"Plenty to be had aboard the Strahl, I can assure you of that." He watched her eat and drink as he dabbed at his lips with a cloth napkin. "Oh? Am I? Hmm, well..." He put his napkin down, ready to move on but Fran pressed the issue. "Lets just say... I'm a man of many mysteries... And this is but one... One best left shrouded... I'm much more interesting that way, I assure you of that." He rose from the table and offered Fran his hand. "How about I show you to your room?"

Her eyebrow rose while she stared at the captain. He tried to sound cheerful and light, but his eyes told another tale. They hid and guarded his past, not so happy one at that. They also were determine to keep that past buried. Fran didn't have a way to open that hatchet. She decided it's a task for another time.

She scoffed, "All mysteries come to light sooner or later." She stood, took his hand and accepted his offer, "Aye, lead the way."

Balthier glanced at Fran as she seemed to search his motives. "And some skeletons should remain in their closets until they are dust." He took her hand and kissed the back of it with sweet charm.

He brought her to her room and opened the door for her. "Ladies first." He instructed, entering behind her. "I hope it is adequate for a woman of such fine taste as yours? If there is anything you do require, please feel free to let me know and we will procure them at the earliest convenience."

Fran looked around the cabin. It was small and quaint with minimalist decors and furniture. It actually had more than what she expected. She would had been content with just a bed. So the nightstand, desk, chair, bookshelves were already over the top for the Viera.

“Aye. Will only need this to sleep. There’s no need for anything else. The most important thing is---” she walked over to the bed, sat on the bed and bounced couple times like she was testing the spring. Looking up at the captain, she explained, “---a comfortable bed. This will do.”

Balthier fixed his eyes upon Fran as she bounced on her bed, a sly smirk crossing his lips. The glint in his eyes spoke volumes as he leaned against the door frame and rested his brow on his arm. "You should try the captain's chambers some time. Not to boast, but more than an hundred chocobo gave up their feathers to make it what it is."

He pushed back and turned, glancing over his shoulder at her. "Welcome aboard the Strahl, First Mate Fran." He gave her the title with a smile and a wink as he walked toward the control room. "You were a much needed addition to the crew, despite what Nono might think. I do hope you will stay a good long time..."

Fran crocked her white eyebrow as she stared up at the captain by the doorway. She smirked at his non-boasting boasting, “Noted. Though, wouldn’t it be more efficient to sleep on chocobos then?” On the other hand, a soft, warm, feathery bed did sound nice. And maybe she could use his embrace as nice, burning hot security blanket.

She pushed the wishful thinking to the back of her mind as she sprung to her feet and followed him. “The length of my stay highly depends on the marks we completely, captain. So I suggest we push for Rabanastre, claim our reward and off to a bounty.”

Once at the cockpit, she took the shotgun while waited for the captain to claim the pilot seat. “Come. We’ve idle enough.”

Back