Safety Measures an Experiences in BDSM

tjohn9999

Virgin
Joined
Feb 17, 2014
Posts
3
Safety Measures and Experiences in BDSM

I am writing a story about BDSM and Incest. The story is about the son of two lesbian mothers finding out that they are into BDSM after going to a club for the first time and the subsequent thrills he gets seeing them perform every time. I am not well versed in BDSM culture myself. What are some safety measures that are taken, And do any of you have any experience with lesbian couple BDSM ,as well as what it's like to go to a BDSM club. Anything helps really, the more detail the better. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
If you google "bdsm club newbie guide" you will find quite a bit of information relevant to your question.
 
off the top of my head, provided that a person doing the bondage knows how to tie and what to avoid, safety boils to:

1) always keep an eye on your partner. Never go to the other room tog et things while they are tied
2) Keep scissors/pliers or any other means to quickly untie the person always handy.
3) communicate. This includes safewords by the sub as well as check-ins by the dom.
4) If some parts of the body are tightly tied, check them often. For example if hands are tied, they can go numb without the sub even realising that (even if they are properly tied). The idea is checking every once in a while if the hands are going cold, and if the sub feels them right by having them squeeze your fingers or asking if they can properly feel your touch.
5) keeping everything clean. Washing your ropes regularly and toys after every use. Ropes are like clothes, a fabric - you need to wash them from time to time :cattail:
 
Write what you know.

Go to some clubs. Obviously you have some sort of interest if you're writing a book about it.
 
Biggest thing is 'trust'.

This is right at the top of the list for bondage.

Another safety trick that I use for bondage is quick release snaps, sometimes called panic snaps. These have a moving piece that "locks" it closed but once moved, it quickly releases hold. This is a viable alternative to having knives(although as one who routinely does knife play, I always have a sharp blade handy) or scissors. My toy bag always has at least 6 of these, sometimes more.

Here's a picture showing the panic snap closed & open.
 

Attachments

  • panic_snaps-a.jpg
    panic_snaps-a.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0
Something that people generally don't expect is that dungeons often have monitors - people hanging around and keeping an eye on things to make sure everyone is playing safe and that nothing is breaking the rules of the dungeon or the venue. Might be a nice detail to include.
 
Back
Top