The Raiders of the Scarlet Sails (IC)

Wulf was in shock and that almost got him killed. One of the newly made Basrams had snuck up behind him and aimed a blow at his head. Only a yell from Jura saved him as he ducked and the blow instead caught him a glancing wound on his shoulder. Still it stung and bled freely and he lost some movement in his arm.

Growling he backhand swiped at his opponent and managed to catch his own arm with a crushing blow, but he just smiled and cut his own throat. Suddenly he was facing two Basrams that were fully healed. Damn this was against the rules. How were they supposed to stop this? Every time they got close to defeating an opponent it merely killed itself and two more appeared fully healed.

His idea was sound yet it took too long to implement. They needed some way to take out all the Basrams so they could not kill themselves and without them killing them. He looked around trying to find something. A net would be ideal but he doubted one would just show up because he needed it. Still a rope or anything else would be good.

He watched as Nye used the Tridents to their full advantage. Instead of going for their hearts or heads she aimed for their arms, taking out their ability to fight. Wulf saw this but then saw what could happen.

"Silver Tooth, Borba, knock out the ones Nye cripples then put them all in one place and guard them. Don't let the others near them." They looked puzzled for a moment then comprehension dawned on their faces. If another one killed them then two more would spring up and their troubles would have been wasted.

"Jura, lets show these others what we are capable of."

Wulf normally hated to do this but he allowed his fighting spirit to take over and he went Beserk. Ignoring minor sword wounds, his speed doubled as did his strength and he powered into his foes, breaking bones and stopping just short of killing them. Jura smiled in glee and the big dragon man joined him in the destruction, finally glad he had a reason to go all out.
 
Jura and Wulf

Jura and Wulf became wrecking machines. It was something to watch. Jura spun right, cleaving the arms off a demon in a simple up and down motion. Wulf smashed and crushed a demon in two blows. There were lots of sea demons now, but the tide was no longer endless. Wulf's idea of disabling vice killing was working. Jura just hoped there was enough time to get rid of all of them before some other spell was cast to make more of these abominations.

Jura and Wulf were being cut and stabbed. It was the price for going all out on the attack. But the damage the sea demons were causing just made them both more angry. The anger exploded inside them, sending them into a more intense frenzy. Jura pounded the sea floor of the cave with all his might. The sea devils around him were thrown off their feet, and for a moment, they could do nothing.

Wulf was ready. He screamed “AHHHHHHHH” and smashed and crushed three of them with a mad glint in his eyes. Bones and swords were flying everywhere as Wulf pressed his attack. Jura saw his boss get a sword slice right through his leg, Wulf’s blood in the water. Rage coursing through Jura. In one swing he shattered and crushed the nearest three Sea Devils. His momentum was like a bull’s rage; he smashed and crushed another Sea Devil to his left. A primal, blood curdling howl erupted from his throat. He leapt up through the water and landed on the Sea Devil that had stabbed Wulf’s leg. He kissed the Sea Devil. Yes… you read that correctly kissed it. A second later he tossed the demon away, it dissolved into nothing. Jura had used his acid breath during the kiss. Apparently when there was nothing left of a Sea Devil… two more did not come back to replace it.

Wulf's leg was cut, but it did not slow his dance of death. He was a flurry of fists, hammers, and head butts. His idea was succeeding. The wounded sea devils were not reanimating into two more. Wulf whirled through the last group. He knew his strength would not last too much longer. A blur of hammers and fragmented bone filled the water. If he could just finish off this group he would win this battle. He needed to last long enough to win! His fist split the head of a Sea Devil open before him… sudden two more appeared.

“That did not help!” he roared in frustration.

Red and Jabnil

Red was in an epic sword battle with the massive four armed demon. The speed and the clash of steel rang all around her as she fought like she has never fought before. She was at a whole new level, in a zone of sword fighting excellence. She ducked under vicious cuts and danced away from others. Finally, she had a second to attack the demon in front of her. She did it so fast Hurzti didn't have time to react before her cutlass stabbed deeply into his lower left arm, almost cutting it completely off.

“Got you… ass wipe!” Red taunted the massive demon.

“I CAN NOT DIE!! YOU FOOL” Hurzti screamed.

The demon was focused on Red which allowed Jabnil to lay a healing hand on the demon’s shoulder. The spell that protected him reversed the healing spell again as the demon for another dimensions staggered backward. “AHHHHHHHHHH” he screamed.

“Epic plans for world domination… but you can’t kill one simple pirate woman. You really are a LOSER!” Red pointed out. She was only defending against three arms now, so her chance to counter attack was becoming more frequent. As she goated the demon to attacker her more, Jabnil was able to touch Hurzti again with a healing spell. The demon screeched in pain, causing the demon to stagger again.

Red lunged forward and this time sliced off Hurzti’s right arm.

“THESES HEALING SPELLS ARE DOING NOTHING TO ME!!” Hurzti yelled as he doubled his attacked on Red. “I CAN COUNTER THEM EASILY!”

“Anyone watching can see they are working great. You only have two arms left!” Red teased as she parried and dodged like crazy. Jabnil move in to cast another healing spell on the demon, but Hurzti was ready for her this time. As she got close, his body glowed for a second. He had turned off the protection spell. Jabnil was so ready for his stupid counter move. Her golden sword, the beacon, became a glowing rod of pure light and plunged right through Hurzti head.

“Good Bye, King of the Sea Devils” Jabnil said as she pulled her sword back.

Life was leaving Hurzti’s very surprised face. But his mouth still formed some last words “Jokes on you fallen angel… I just hatched all the eggs in this chamber” He gasped and died, his huge body floating slowly to the sea floor.

Jabnil and Red heard all the eggs in the chamber start to crack open!!
 
Blade showed up at Red's side, in his hand he held a silver pendant with an enchanting blue stone. He looked at the eggs and took a deep breath.

"The portal is sealed cap'n, that witch will never again be able to work against mankind."

He rested a hand on her shoulder

"Red, we only have one option, we must bring the ceiling down, crush these demons before they hatch completely. Under water we can only burn them with Greek fire and that is something we don't have enough of down here."

He held up a golden coin

"Only problem is, if we save the world, we lose the treasure."
 
The cracking sound from a single egg sounded like a thick tree branch breaking. The sound of 1000’s of eggs creaking was deafening. Red had to scream so Blade could hear her.

“NO… THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY!! THE TREASURE IS WHY WE ARE HERE!!” She yelled to Blade.

Jabnil shook her head and yelled back at Red “NO… THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO THINK OF ANOTHER PLAN. BLADE IS RIGHT. THE ANCIENT MARINER TOLD US TO REMEMBER TO USE OUR SURROUNDINGS… BRING DOWN THE CEILING IS THE ONLY WAY. WE MUST STOP THE DARKNESS FROM ENTERING THIS WORLD” Jabnil yelled back and then held up her golden glowing sword. “I’LL DO IT WITH THIS SWORD. I SWIM THE FASTEST”

Wulf who had joined them and Red both yelled “NOO” together. But Jabnil was already flapping her wings and headed for the 1st of the two main cavern pillars.

“SOMEONE THINK OF A WAY TO SAVE HER!!” Red yelled in total desperation.

“CAPTAIN, WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE, JABNIL HAS MADE HER CHOICE” Nye yelled to Red.

Red took a deep breath and yelled to everyone “EVERYONE, GRAB ONE TREASURE ITEM AND GET OUT OF HERE!”

Jura, Nye, Silver Tooth, Borba, Aguk, all grabbed items and ran out of the underwater hatching ground. Some of the eggs had already opened enough to allow water to rush in. The water was flowing into the demon’s dimension. It was weird to watch. Red could see hands of demons from the other dimension trying to break away the egg shells faster. They were running out of time!!

Jabnil had sliced through the first massive stone column and was already cutting through the second. But the first column had not fallen. She had only cut through the column with a horizontal slice. The ceiling had creaked and groaned but had not fallen in. Jabnil realized she had made a mistake on her cut. On the second column she removed a large wedge from the stone column, like you would when cutting down a tree.

Wulf also realized Jabnil’s mistake on the first column. He could see there was not enough time remaining for her to bring both columns down.

“SO LONG CAPTAIN AND TAKE CARE OF MY CREW!!” Wulf yelled and swam towards the first column. Red yelled “NOOOOO” in frustration but there was no stopping Wulf.

Jabnil and Wulf could not have timed it any better if they had tried. As Wulf slammed his massive War hammer into the first column, Jabnil cut through the second stone column. The rock ceiling screamed in protest, but collapsed with amazing force. Massive rocks came floating down to the sea bed. The huge amount of the rocks falling ensured that all the portals to the other dimension would be sealed.

Jabnil swam as fast as she could and grabbed Wulf. She was headed for the exit, but there was no way she was going to make it. Soon it was impossible for Red to see them anymore. Blade had to pull Red to safety before both of them were also trapped under the enormous cavern collapse.

Jabnil and Wulf

Time seemed to slow down as the two headed to the sea floor to avoid the massive rocks falling towards them. They knew they were about to die. They would be crushed by the rocks. They stopped swim and they reached the sea floor and stood next to creaking egg.

“SORRY WULF I WAS NOT FAST ENOUGH” Jabnil said to him

“NOTHING TO BE SORRY ABOUT, WE STOP THE DARKNESS FROM ENTERING OUR WORLD! WE SAVE OUR PLANET” Wulf told Jabnil.

Time slowed down even more as Lathander, god of the rising sun suddenly appeared before Wulf and Jabnil. He was the lover of Chauntea, the earth mother. The form he wore on this encounter was that of a perfect naked human male. The noise of cracking eggs and falling rocks was gone. Lathander spoke in a deep baritone voice to both Wulf and Jabnil.

“When you are inside your house at night by the roaring fire and you open the front door, do you feel the darkness is rushing in or is the light spreading out?” He asked both of them.

“THE DIMENSION DOORS!!” Jabnil and Wulf both yelled. Wulf pulled back his War hammer to smash open the egg. Lathander touched Wulf’s War hammer on the back swing, and the hammer glowed golden yellow as Wulf opened up the portal to the other dimension with a single blow. Jabnil and Wulf jumped in and were gone before the rocks buried all the portals forever.
 
Blade pushed Red towards the exit, the noise was incredible, the silt threw up by the crashing of the tons of rock, threatened to blind him. But he managed to get Red far away from the danger. Of course it was not easy to struggle against her, she was bigger than him, but he did have the strength to overpower her and luckily after a few meters she decided to not fight him. They managed to get clear and Blade paused to take a few deep breaths. It felt weird to do so under water, but it was basically the same as on the surface. He unwound a rope from his waist and started tugging on it, whatever was on the other side, moved.

He flashed a grin at Red, "Well we might not have gotten the treasure due to those landlubbers, but at least I got you a little present."

Blade motioned Jura over and handed him the rope, "Haul it in big guy, it took me some doing to get it into position."

Jura started pulling on the rope, the weight surprised him, but it was not nearly enough to give him any problems. Through the drifting silt and settling sand, a large chest appeared. The rope secured through the handles, the chest drawing a thick groove in the loose sand. Blade placed a hand on Red's arm and waited for her to look at him.

"You can buy a flotilla with what I saw in that chest, we can use it to crack the Rock and you can be the queen of the seas."

Nye drifted closer, "But how? We didn't have the time..."

Blade flashed her a grin, "While the lot of you waded into the demons, I have killed the sorceress, I noticed the chest and had a peek inside. When the first eggs started to crack, I used the rope which I found in the backpack of the sorceress to secure the chest and I dragged it into a sheltering hollow near the entrance. Just in case we didn't have a different plan to stop the invasion."

He look at the chest and sigh, "At least Wulf and Jabnil went together. It was how they would have wanted it."

He then looked at Red, "And no, I am not going to one of the other ships."
 
Back
Top