Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran around with my niece yesterday to take McDonalds to some of the students she advises who were canning for a charity round these parts. We were at a Dunkin Donuts near my house, chatting with the kids canning there. I told them, since I live in the neighborhood that they needed to be careful. (It's not terrible where they were but it sure as hell isn't good either.)

There was a car there with some rather non-savory characters so we hung out until they left. The car finally pulled out, but one of the guys who had been talking to the group in the car came over to put some $$ in the kid's can. He said, "Wait, I think I have some more change," and started rooting around in his pockets. A test tube of crack fell out of his pocket onto the ground.

Talk about awkward moment. He said, "whoops", picked it up and put it back.

The kids said, "Thanks!" and he went on his way. None of them, niece included knew what they had seen until I explained what was in the vial. I thought it was funny as hell.

Even crack dealers love little cancer kids.

I ran around with my niece yesterday to take McDonalds to some of the students she advises who were canning for a charity round these parts. We were at a Dunkin Donuts near my house, chatting with the kids canning there. I told them, since I live in the neighborhood that they needed to be careful. (It's not terrible where they were but it sure as hell isn't good either.)

There was a car there with some rather non-savory characters so we hung out until they left. The car finally pulled out, but one of the guys who had been talking to the group in the car came over to put some $$ in the kid's can. He said, "Wait, I think I have some more change," and started rooting around in his pockets. A test tube of crack fell out of his pocket onto the ground.

Talk about awkward moment. He said, "whoops", picked it up and put it back.

The kids said, "Thanks!" and he went on his way. None of them, niece included knew what they had seen until I explained what was in the vial. I thought it was funny as hell.

Even crack dealers love little cancer kids.

Recruiting customers.

I still exist. My apologies to my fans for my absence. I've been a bit quiet for a while now.

I do appreciate being missed. :eek:

I will try to be a little more whorish in the future. :) My post inspiration is running a bit low now, however. I am sure there have been loads of douchie posts on the forum that required my input, but I've not even read them.

Recruiting customers.

I rather think he was the customer of the group in the car with the tinted windows. I was a bit surprised. The owner of that business is usually a little more active about shooing away that sort of enterprise.

I was more surprised the students we were with were that naive.

I forget not everyone has been to some of places I have, but jeez, you would have thought they had seen an episode of cops or something.

Why do I sweat when I'm done exercising, and not during?

I ran every day this week! I deserve a cookie--oh wait, point is not to eat the cookie. I deserve a pat on my now super sweaty back. :D

Why do I sweat when I'm done exercising, and not during?
(1st response here...not sure what i'm doing)
I always thought that that was due to when you are running, you are getting a breeze, so the sweating that is done is more effective, and breeze blowing helps the evaporation process. when you stop running, no breeze to aid evaporation, so more sweat needed to have same cooling effect.

or i could be talking nonsense.

anyway, good afternoon.:)

You're doing the wrong kind of exercise. :devil:;):D
That goes without saying, think I'm going to start dressing in a Nun's habit.

Ooooooh! Sparkles. . . . . I love shiny sparkley things. Haha, I was reading along and saw your av and went "oooooh! look at all the sparkles. . . . so distracting. Think I may have been a magpie in a previous life. When my sister, my best friend and I all go divorced within a year of each other, we were going to change our last name to Sparkles.

(1st response here...not sure what i'm doing)
I always thought that that was due to when you are running, you are getting a breeze, so the sweating that is done is more effective, and breeze blowing helps the evaporation process. when you stop running, no breeze to aid evaporation, so more sweat needed to have same cooling effect.

or i could be talking nonsense.

anyway, good afternoon.:)

Thanks! Better than any explanation I came up with as it dripped down my lower back.

You can dress the part all you want, I don't think anyone is gonna buy it! ;):devil:

Yeah, you are probably right.

I just put someone on my ignore list, which I never do. I've been around here about 8 years now, and there are only 5 people on my ignore list--4 of them I don't even remember why I put them there.

I just can't bear this poster's posts. They are just painful to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back