New Poetry Recommendations

Found a couple for Monday review

Up first...one of several by lunalta

The Moth & The Flame I found a magic light hearted read as well as her other open fantasy
style...of the mystic


~~~~
an audio
Single & Loving it
by lindiana
I found interesting...
thats all I have time for today...go read , relax and enjoy.. ;) blue
~~~~~
 
Last edited:
Hello Poets. On the New Poems page today, I thought, Silk by sajaxom would be of interest.

I really like the first stanza:
In my mind
You are beautiful
You are flexible
Bending to assume such shapes
With no folds, no creases...
 
Wednesday's Review

14 to look at ~ half from one pen on this glorious humpday.

For my pick of the day, I'll concur with neo's selection.
sajaxom is new here with 3 first-time submissions, the best being {IMHO} Silk. I especially like that last line. Go ahead - read it; see what you think. And while you're at it, check out his other two writes.

ramonathompson seems to have a thing for Lukas Rossi in Lukas Rossi's Eyes. She may, however, want to work a bit on that first line...

Give these and the other dozen that appear today a read and let their creators know what you think.
 
25 new poems to bite into this early Monday Morning and
there are lots of meaty morsels to moisten the taste buds today...a few of my favorites... First in line
ocher
by The_Fool It should have been called * OUCH * ...for steamy hot seduction...
His story pulls the reader to heights of pleasure start to finish...
*******
Available Light by vampiredust gives a peek into what may be a camping trip and the light in the tent...thats my perception...but, it clearly may have another...go read and perceive...

I Torch Myself by ramonathompson is just one of her powerful prose.. she is on the cusp of pain in her views today.....
******
On the lighter side of life
Taking My Fill by HotKittySpank.. life takes on a new meaning of celestial zen....
******
and I just have to mention
The Rain by Elsie Grey © its contains no new thoughts but ,,,I am pleased to dance in her rain...
 
Two poems

Stood out from the rest today:

Maria's an old bird contemplates November metaphorically contemplates the coming Thanksgiving feast from the eyes of an old bird as a family ages and remembers:

"Family descending, they pluck
memories and insults
like feathers
from a live, unwilling bird."
.......Maria2394



darkecstacy takes a look at forbidden passion in a dark, yet exciting way in Strangers. With wonderful phrasing throughout the poem, the forboding, yet tingling act leaves the reader guiltily aroused:

"Wet and soft and slick
And dirty and delicious and imprinted
By you for always"
.......darkecstacy

A beautiful, yet uneasy poem.
 
Wednesday's Review

.

A nice light load on this toasty day, made almost bearable by the wind off Lake Erie.

The first piece that caught my attention is from KittenishJane, an interesting piece titled flypaper. It piqued my interest, then ends abruptly, leaving me thirsting for more.

Victoria_Lucas offers up an intriguing piece in Love on a String. Immerse yourself in the phrasing and see how it feels.

Finally, give Delectatio's first poetry submission, Victoria, a read. He's done a good job here and I enjoy how {using his words} he moves from virtual past to future reality.

After reviewing for a couple months I notice that there's one thing that gets to me when I'm reading to post recommendations. Spelling. I rarely recommend a poem with spelling errors; I find that no matter how good the piece I immediately shut down when I hit a spelling error; I lose interest - it drops like a rock - and I move on to the next poem.

Give 'em all a read and share with the poets your thoughts and reactions.

.
 
It is nice to come across some erotic poetry here:

With some sparkling imagery Seduceros2 takes us to where the Skin Glistens. There is passion, flame, light and wet all presented in phrasing that feels fresh and new:

"tracing shimmering wet
lines of light

over and under and into and onto
curves and hollows and secrets
of bodies in motion."


It is always nice to read some erotic poetry here at Lit that is truly erotic.

Take a peek at Seduceros2's In a Moment Unguarded and feel the isolation and pain behind a masque.
 
Don't know if you read this VD...

RazzRajen
if not please do...he has written some wonderful work in the past..and tis good to see him return with another great vision....blue
 
Keepers

Keepers by Blue Rains is worth a read. I think it's flawed but like most of her work has something that makes it interesting. :)
 
the art of becoming invisible is quite good. Of course, I'd edit a few spots, like "a silky breeze flutters" or "the rolling hills bright and green with life." A few lines are bit of a yawn, but there is definitely some good stuff to make it worth a read.
 
Not many Monday views

Man Ray
has a nice visual... in Chomp Chomp! Kool "hisbiscus"...
thats it for me today....go read...blue
 
Wednesday's Review

.

A lovely day ~ cool, crisp, and clear; you'd think it was autumn, all thanks to a fresh breeze from Canada. Some equally fine words to read today; I've chosen 3 that clicked with me today {2 from newbies}.

hornyinwv leads off with 3 first time submissions. They share a theme of lost love. The rhyming seems a bit forced in two of them {read 'em and see what you think}; her third one seems less forced without the rhyming in I Love You.

DirtyWings is another newbie with a pair of submissions. Her Lights go out is an odd piece ~ seems rather lyrical and dark. The question is, whose identity is being searched out here?

Speaking of dark, oregon_gal has a dark and compelling piece up today in My Wild Notion ~ is it suicide or homicide that highlights this piece?

Give the other poems a read and share your thoughts with their poets while you enjoy this lovely day.

.
 
TGIF New Poems 7-14-06

Finish, by My Erotic Trail...love the flirtatious double entendre and innuendo. ARTfully done!

Backwater Hotel: A Semi-Sestina by KittyPTerror is a rich and gritty waltz with hidden tenderness. KittyPTerror has three other poems up today that are very worth reading. A new poet to watch.

And I want to reach back a day to Pygmalion, by Tristesse2...this is both breathtaking and breath-giving. This poem leaves the feeling in my heart and body that these two lovers were made for eachother. A beautiful and sensually embodied moment of creation.

S&D
 
Sex&Death said:
TGIF New Poems 7-14-06

Finish, by My Erotic Trail...love the flirtatious double entendre and innuendo. ARTfully done!



S&D

thank you S&D

New Poems Reviews

I enjoy poetic tales and especially when so close to home <grin Jo Lynn Empties the Bullwhip

by eluckenbach


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

the archer

by jinnjenn
... so close to bow season, this stirred 'the archer' in me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vampiredust touches the fishermen in us all with a gripping read that touches the poetic distance of time... in...Father's Fishing Bag

by vampiredust


have a poetic weekend!
 
Last edited:
Ten new poems today, Sunday, August 13th. Each seems to explore love and relationships/endings with feeling and a true desire to express the poet's emotions to the ever present "you".

I'd like to point out that if you abhor the rampant use of ... instead of proper punctuation and usually punish the authors who use it with a low rating, you should avoid reading today's crop. It is a frequent occurrence in some of this poetry and sadly, detracts from the enjoyment I may have found in some of the pieces.

Read and enjoy the poetry as best as you can, they're not long pieces and I'm sure that even if you abstain from voting and commenting (as I did) the poets will appreciate the time you take in reading them.
 
Monday Reviews..

Up first...one of several by lunalta

The Moth & The Flame I found a magic light hearted read as well as her other open fantasy
style...of the mystic


~~~~
an audio
Single & Loving it
by lindiana
I found interesting...
thats all I have time for today...go read , relax and enjoy.. ;) blue
~~~~~
 
Back
Top