These Are the Voyages: A Star Trek RP (Interest Check/Casting Call)

Name: Nine
Species/Race: Human/Borg
Division: Science
Canon or Original?: Original

Appearance:

Personality: Since he have been powered back up recently, he is still cold and logical.

Character Bio/History: Part of first contact of a human vessel who met the Borg in deep space after the vessel got damaged in a meteor storm, Lieutenant Brian McDale was assimilated into the Borg collective.

During his first few years on a Borg scout ship, the ship got disabled over a planet. Nine was two of the crew sent down to investigate the disturbance, but upon their arrival, the disabling field worked in on their own systems and caused them to shut down. In the following years, an asteroid hit the Borg ship, completely destroying it and the human parts of the fellow Borg drone started to rot away. The only thing that saved Nine was the fact that he got covered in a snow drift which froze over and had preserved his biological part.

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: Science, pilot

As per MM's request I will keep RJ going as an Engineer, But I will add in my romulan as a second char, he can join in the engineering this way I can have them work together.

Though I have tweeked him a bit.

Name: Robert James Kilpatrick (RJ)
Species/Race: Human
Rank*: Lt.
Division**: Maintenance.
Personality: kind of scuzzy popular with people who don't always follow the rules, great at his job and tough as nails. Likes to keep company with the ladies. keeps a series of informants this helps him stay in the clear of being caught doing anything wrong also helps him get info on things that will help him in the future. Likes to stay in the shadows and tries to not draw attention to himself when he isn't in the classroom.

Character Bio/History: RJ is tenth gen grease monkey and Maintenance man. Could be head of maint on any star ship but his fucking around kept the top spot from him. Joined up at 18 worked on many star ships before becoming an instructor and an instrumental figure in the star fleet academy, training the new recruits. Raise by abusive parents he grew to not trust people and has no problem using people. He is very tough and won't hesitate to use force when needed. He does through his many faults care about Star fleet and the people who serve.

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: If it has an engine he can fix it. There is nothing he doesn't know about the inner working over every mechanical and electrical item on any ship! A bit of an idiot savant when it comes to it!

Name: Leeandri
Race: Romulan
Division: Dignitary visiting the Federation. Engineering would be her job if she weren't in the diplomatic service.

A tall blonde with a nice body, though emotionally cold she has in her years of being a liaison with star fleet learned to like the company of men and women sexually.

She was an Engineer on a romulan Bird of prey, her father who was a liaison between the empire and star fleet, wanted his daughter to follow his path and got her involved in the political side of things. Though she preferred the action of being on a bird of prey she did as she was asked and joined the diplomatic service.

Leeandri's mother was a captain on a different ship that was attacked and destroyed by an unknown alien, now Leeandri is using her ability to move with in star fleet to find out all she can about this mystery race which claimed her mothers life.

A brilliant mind she can figure just about anything out, she can be angered and if pushed will use her fighting skills to hurt of even kill.

Attachments

• RJ.jpg
    RJ.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Leeandri.jpg
    Leeandri.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Name: Leeandri
Race: Romulan
Division: Dignitary visiting the Federation. Engineering would be her job if she weren't in the diplomatic service.

A tall blonde with a nice body, though emotionally cold she has in her years of being a liaison with star fleet learned to like the company of men and women sexually.

She was an Engineer on a romulan Bird of prey, her father who was a liaison between the empire and star fleet, wanted his daughter to follow his path and got her involved in the political side of things. Though she preferred the action of being on a bird of prey she did as she was asked and joined the diplomatic service.

Leeandri's mother was a captain on a different ship that was attacked and destroyed by an unknown alien, now Leeandri is using her ability to move with in star fleet to find out all she can about this mystery race which claimed her mothers life.

A brilliant mind she can figure just about anything out, she can be angered and if pushed will use her fighting skills to hurt of even kill.

Will be fun to see how this character gets along with Klingons lol

I was thinking the same thing. lol

KC

Well if they meet on the planet, I know that my character will be all Iwannakillyou, but when it becomes clear that they will need to work together, he will co-op, but it will not be easy sailing at all.

I think everyone is ready to start.

I set up a new thread called "these are the voyages" for the IC posts.

We'll use this thread as the OOC thread.

Since we have Borg and the Klingons are buddies of the federation... I'm assuming this thread is set in the "next generation" timeframe. I hope that is ok.

Actually MM the Borg dates back even before the Original series. With Cpt Kirk etc still active. The first official federation meeting with the Borg was during the TNG time frame yes

Shall I change the timeframe? It might be fun making peace with the Klingon character. Figuring out what the Borg are ... etc.

Well if they meet on the planet, I know that my character will be all Iwannakillyou, but when it becomes clear that they will need to work together, he will co-op, but it will not be easy sailing at all.

But it will make for some creative writing. One of the many reasons I wrote her as a diplomat is because I wanted to be able to have her be around other races and be comfortable! That and I have always loved Romulans.

KC

I know we don't know each other but when we converge on the distress call are we doing it in different ships from different locals or like I thought, are we all at the same space station and in an emergency call out we are all thrown on to a ship and sent out to the Tripoli!

Just so I know how to start my posts. I like adding and discarding NPC's a lot hope this will work for you guys!

KC

I'm good with MM's idea too.

I could portray one of the aliens in the Stasis Pods. If we can decide what characteristics they're going to have.

I have a few ideas for my character Wolvrak to interact with Starfleet crew members.

If Wolvrak winds up aboard a Starfleet vessel he would get along with RJ Kilpatrick because they truly enjoy all things mechanical. During an engine failure a little Shistavanian jury rigging and Human savantism would get the Impulse Engines going.

Wolvrak would also get along with Osal after their possible violent altercation on the surface. As much as he hates it the Klingon could possibly be looked on as a father figure to a young inexperienced Shistavanian.

Hora and Leeandri the young Wolvrak won't have the first clue how to react, or what to do with himself around those two.

Nine certainly will be a shit load of trouble when his creepy Borg ass thaws out lol!

Last edited:
Any ideas on my character Wolvrak ending up near the Tripoli and ice planet? The medium freighter is much faster than typical ones with a long range and several weapons arrays. This is cross over from the StarWars universe, so it looks different being a Shistavanian Freighter.

My idea....The guidance system has gone on the fritz putting him way off course. This could bring the Freighter within the furthest range of phaser fire missing it's target. Weaker but powerful enough to damage the freighter forcing a crash landing on the ice planet.

Do you want this to be the reason for damage to the communication system on the ice planet?
Or has that already happened some time due to the unknown alien species attack on the Tripoli?

Any ideas for creative technological terms for a Shistavanian Freighter, would be very gladly accepted. And need a picture of a Freighter that would look like a ship that belongs to an Isolationist Species.

Last edited:
Wolfias,
Your idea sounds great. Blame as much as you can on the attack aliens.

Technical terms. Try this website below:

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/space-engineers.2830/page-8

Has pics and engine terms like: vernier thrusters and gravity distortion drive. You could also go with standard Star Trek drives like plasma, warp, ion, solar wind, etc add the word inverted or anti-phased in front to make it sound weird (i.e. the ship had unique inverted, anti-phased, ion engines)

Here are some space ship names

The Kite
Hardy
Lookout
Blackfly
Crow

You can change these names into Shistavanian by using a translator:

"The Kite" in Dutch is "De Vlieger" for example. Or just spell it backwards "etik eht"

Wolvrak's ship is a medium Freighter, it's a lot bigger than a Fighter yet more nimble than a average Freighter should be.

I rethought my earlier message and it's easier to use StarTrek universe technological lingo. Because Scotty of the first series and movies he always spouted tech talk. Later series and movies did the same so I'll need pictures of ships. Thank you for your help Maiden.

First name is Dutch from Maiden spelled backwards. The rest is from different translators. Which name do you guys think is right for a medium Freighter?

1. Regeilv De

2. kilam Neimas

3. Zeuqram Lueram

4. Inahkal Koliv is my favorite name.

Last edited:
OK I will probably come into the IC as soon as the crew land on the surface.

Nine will have no connection with the Borg hive mind, so his first reaction will be to defend himself, then as he realize that he can think for himself now without Hive influence, he will back down and be extremely confused. I will leave it to you to find and extract him.

Osal will most likely attack first, so I would like to write out that attack sequence with the first one to volunteer lol

Inahkal Koliv sounds good to me.

some pics below.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=117280&d=1380055008

I'm going to go with the first pic it doesn't look like StarTrek or StarWars Freighters.

Thank You for the help Maiden, you're a Gem!

OK I will probably come into the IC as soon as the crew land on the surface.

Nine will have no connection with the Borg hive mind, so his first reaction will be to defend himself, then as he realize that he can think for himself now without Hive influence, he will back down and be extremely confused. I will leave it to you to find and extract him.

Osal will most likely attack first, so I would like to write out that attack sequence with the first one to volunteer lol

Wolvrak is going to have put down on the ice planet before Osal arrives. Nine isn't going to be anywhere near where Wolvrak lands. So I'll take on Tertius as outclassed as I truly am.

Last edited:
Name: Sirak
Species/Race: Vulcan/Ocampa
Rank*: Lt. Commander
Division**: Engineering

Appearance: Light brown hair, blue eyes, pointy ears from the Vulcan side. Sirak is actually quite fit standing at 6 ft even and about 180lbs.

Personality: Not your typical Vulcan or Ocampa, Sirak was born out of secrecy due to a complication of his mother and father being shipwrecked for more than two years. Tulak (Vulcan father) and Demmura (Ocampa mother), were the only survivors of their science vessel which only had a compliment of 26 crew members. Tulak was entering his Pomfarr stage and Demmura assisted him to get through it easier by allowing herself to have sex with him and became pregnant. The Vulcan High Council was unaware of the interbreeding until Sirak was almost 30.

Character Bio/History: Sirak is highly intelligent but also has a playful side. He continuously conducts experiments with warp drive capabilities hoping to break speed records. He also dabbles with weaponry a little. In his free time he likes to paint and read mystery novels. Sirak smiles often which throws off people because of the emotional side that Vulcans do not share. Its his smile that attracts all species to him often. Sirak is quite skilled with sex and takes every opportunity to learn more and utilize his Vulcan heritage to please his partners. He once gave 6 women orgasms by just tapping the back of their neck in time with their heartbeat.

Name: Sirak
Species/Race: Vulcan/Ocampa
Rank*: Lt. Commander
Division**: Engineering

Appearance: Light brown hair, blue eyes, pointy ears from the Vulcan side. Sirak is actually quite fit standing at 6 ft even and about 180lbs.

Personality: Not your typical Vulcan or Ocampa, Sirak was born out of secrecy due to a complication of his mother and father being shipwrecked for more than two years. Tulak (Vulcan father) and Demmura (Ocampa mother), were the only survivors of their science vessel which only had a compliment of 26 crew members. Tulak was entering his Pomfarr stage and Demmura assisted him to get through it easier by allowing herself to have sex with him and became pregnant. The Vulcan High Council was unaware of the interbreeding until Sirak was almost 30.

Character Bio/History: Sirak is highly intelligent but also has a playful side. He continuously conducts experiments with warp drive capabilities hoping to break speed records. He also dabbles with weaponry a little. In his free time he likes to paint and read mystery novels. Sirak smiles often which throws off people because of the emotional side that Vulcans do not share. Its his smile that attracts all species to him often. Sirak is quite skilled with sex and takes every opportunity to learn more and utilize his Vulcan heritage to please his partners. He once gave 6 women orgasms by just tapping the back of their neck in time with their heartbeat.

Have you read the first few posts of the IC thread. Please do and think of how you might get involved, After chatting with MM we agree as I am sure everyone here will, that we need to start getting everyone involved. Please think about it. ;)

Back