Looking for feedback - first story

C

CluelessJoeJackson

This is my first story ever.

In short, it's about a smart yet often clueless guy, who finds himself in a bit of love/lust triangle he never expected to be in. One party is his good friend and coworker whom he never let himself believe he had feelings for, and the second party is a young stalker-type woman who I wouldn't call a full-on antagonist in the story exactly, but certainly instigates a lot of stuff. Clear as mud? :)

Genre: Elements of Romance, Non-consent (groping only) and Cheating. Purely hetero M/F. I'm not sure which category (or maybe even a different one?) to put it in, so I'd appreciate some guidance.

Length: First 'chapter' ~6000 words

What I'm looking for from an editor: I don't want to waste anyone's time with looking for spelling or grammar issues, but if you happen to notice any or can't help yourself, I certainly won't object. But since this is literally my first story that I might consider publishing, and my first attempt at writing since college, what I'm primarily hoping for is general feedback and advice on story plot, character development, dialog, etc. And (even if it's only a little bit warranted) a little bit of encouragement.

Deadline: No deadline. If I follow through with the entire story line in my head, then I expect to eventually have around 6 chapters, based on my crude estimate of milestones in the overall story line.

Back