New OOC 'Rebuild'

Have you all noted "Rebuild" is running for a little over a year now?

Happy birthday to us, happy birthday to us,
happy birthday dear Rebuilders, happy birthday to us.
 
So we have! I was looking at the first few posts today, and saw how much the story, direction, and characters had changed. We have really shown how an apocalyptic setting can change people for better or worse.

That aside, I agree with dutchrain! Happy birthday to us, our story, and our co-authorship!
 
Happy B'day.
Really fun posts!! My character Cassie ... is in deep trouble!! All the humans are mad at her for leaving with the Bradley ... and the zombies want to kill her!

Oh well ... she'll figure out something positive about this situation.
 
I don't know what to do with Cramer, nothing comes to mind I keep drawing a blank.
 
He does seem a little out of place in our current story. Perhaps you should wait until dutchrain sets the scene for the letting and then you write Cramer's opinion and what's happened with him during the herd attack.
 
Since blackpenman just went zombie-god as well, can I kill of Thea? Pretty please? If not I'll stick with my original plan.

As a heads up: Deacon will make his return the moment that Thea orders the second mass of zombies (which is in the city) to attack the Winery after surviving the first attack....you guys aren't going to give up Cassie are you?
 
What does everyone think?

I vote for giving Cassie up (as a distraction) ... I think the reader would find the conflict interesting and dramatic. There could be a "love" over comes all theme or lost love still over comes all. The rescue part could be fun. All the main characters could save her at the last minute ... or maybe convince Daniel to use his powers for good or something like that.

Open to any and all ideas.

(I struggle with my evil characters too make them evil enough. The fact you want to kill them makes me so happy!! It is a compliment :)! No problem killing Thea, we just need to make it a dramatic event!) :D
 
Last edited:
I agree that we should GI e her up. Especially now that Daniel considers her his sister, it would affect him dramatically if she dies and further his hatred towards the Knights. And as MM said, she is a sort of distraction since she seems to be completely unsavable and will die sooner or later anyways. She is extra at this point since Daniel has her same powers.
 
Cramer can kill Thea ... long ranged sniper fire ... or maybe run her over with his truck! Or maybe use some farm equipment (harvester? combine?)

or Cramer and Deacon?
 
Cramer would prefer up close and personal, he'll hate Thea more than Cassie hates Zombies.
 
Of course my Wolfbrother can finish off Thea, I'll stick to my original post and just wipe out her secondary wave of zombies. But since Cassie will be given up, I'll just kill them off and let Deacon show up at the Knight as was the original plan. So round about the time Cassie gets handed over, an explosion of epic proportions will rock the story.

Would be nice if somebody took that as a sign that Deacon's still alive -hint hint-
 
I don't think anyone ever doubted Deacon was alive, Death. The only way he could die is in an epic death with hordes of zombies, a bunch of explosions, some bullets, and some Molotov cocktails. Anything else he could probably survive. :D
 
Well the last time anybody heard from him was about two to three days ago. He sent a text to Derry explaining most of his life to her and he was last seen at Ground Zombie, practically in a rage. So it's not a certainty that he's alive...but you're right Blackpenman, Deacon's death would have been epic. But none of the Knights knows that he is alive, what would make it awesome is as the flames and dust of the explosion reaches for the sky and somebody ask: "What was that??" And Cramer says drily: "Deacon" Oh I'd crack myself up
 
Okay. I am just writing a post in which Ria states they won't give up Cassie, but Wombat is welcome to overrule Ria and Cassie with Troy and Maddy and Peter.

The plans for Deacon, Cramer and Thea sound great!

Wolf, do remember Cramer is one of those immune to the virus, like Ria, please? Like her and Deacon (you remember this too, Death, will you please?), you have been feeling fitter, healthier and younger than before the outbreak in the last days.
 
So I just checked out the entire OOC thread, and will read all the way up to current in the IC thread, and I was wondering that if I could finagle a decent character to fit into the moment's activities, if I could potentially hop on board this awesome thread you guys are creating. I have a decent original character, but I'd rather ask permission if I'm even allowed to hop in before I go and drop my hat all over this page.

Thank you kindly. :)
 
So I just checked out the entire OOC thread, and will read all the way up to current in the IC thread, and I was wondering that if I could finagle a decent character to fit into the moment's activities, if I could potentially hop on board this awesome thread you guys are creating. I have a decent original character, but I'd rather ask permission if I'm even allowed to hop in before I go and drop my hat all over this page.

Thank you kindly. :)

Thank you!

I have read some of your old posts, and I would say "hop in".
There are many free, non-descripted N-RP characters running around. You could "finagle" one of them. Or you could create a new one. We only would have to figure out a way to get it into the story.

We tend to do longish posts though.

We do quite a bit of god-modding sometimes. Mostly people who get along well (and who have consent about it) take over a character for a post or two if it is necessary for them to move the story along.

Folks, what do you all think?
 
Go for it. Although the only thing I have to say is this; pimpmar, if you create a character, your very own character, and then ditch them, then we just kind of abandon the character as a whole. It also causes a lot of interference with the flow of the story, for we have to go out of our way to find a solution to the character. So if you join us, make sure you stay with us, or at least tell us if you are leaving.
 
I certainly have no aversion to longish posts, or if a writer needs to use my character for their own purposes (within reason). I'm a fair bit older and wiser than in those old posts, so I really look forward to shaking off the "ring-rust" and getting to work on this. I'll post a character profile in the OOC thread either tonight or tomorrow, and I'll contact you guys via PM to see the best way I can make it fit.

Also, no fears on me abandoning ship. With my new computer, and new-found free time, I'll be one of the more active participants in the community, I can promise you that. I started a different thread already (I will not promote that here, that's just trashy), but it goes to show my commitment of time and energy to these boards.

Alas, folks, let me read on up, and we'll see if I can't rock this joint! Or barely survive, depending on your point of view.
 
I still have to read the first seven pages to catch up with what Daniel did for the group...

Anyroad, I think Pimpmar would be a welcome addition, unless he wants to play a zombie, then things might get hairy, especially when he tries to nibble on Derry with Deacon around :D

So yeah, there is my two cents. Time to go write some more
 
Back
Top