Keep Your Friends Close, and Their Relatives Closer (closed for whisperwish19)

Fauxnication

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Dec 20, 2016
Posts
385
Brandon Carter pulled up behind one of the cars parked along Greenlee Drive, the parade of vehicles leading toward the Pearce household, the site of Logan's high school graduation party.

Brandon and Logan met when they were 13 -- the Carters moved to Oak Hill the summer before Brandon's 7th grade year. The two tried out for the basketball team together that year, and upon making the squad, the teammates soon became really good friends.

They did nearly everything together -- from the countless games of one-on-one in each other's driveways to being in the same party for school dances.

So it was a bit of a surprise when Brandon wasn't the first among Logan's friends to arrive at the party. Brandon was busy helping his parents out for his own graduation party, which was taking place at his home the following evening.

With his card in hand, Brandon got out of his car, wearing a baby blue polo shirt that hugged his biceps, the ink from the tattoo on his chocolate skin peeking out from the right sleeve. He also had on a comfortable-fitting pair of dark jeans and white sneakers.

Brandon walked down Greenlee, seeing the large white tent in the backyard. And as he walked up the driveway, the Top 40 songs playing from the speakers got louder. He turned the corner around the garage and upon seeing Logan and his parents, flashed a big smile.

Logan met Brandon with a grin of his own, followed by the handshake the two did before and after games, and finally, a hug. "About time you showed up," Logan joked.

Brandon shrugged. "Yeah, I know...sorry, bro. Mom's got me running everywhere for tomorrow."

Logan shook his head. "Nah, it's cool. I know you got stuff going on too. Thanks for coming."

Soon, Logan's parents joined their son in greeting Brandon. Logan's father, Steve, shook his hand, and then Brandon gave Logan's mother, Heather, a big hug.

"Sorry I'm late," Brandon apologized for the second time, this time to his friend's parents. "Mom has me doing all kinds of stuff for tomorrow, so I got held up."
 
Back
Top