The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

6 months!
How do you deal with being told you only have 6 months (if that) massively aggressive lung cancer, but that won't kill you, it won't Have time because the huge one in your head will get there first.

Fuck you cancer

god sweetdaisy i dont know, lost a mother to Parkinsons that was the worst illness I have ever seen.

6 months!
How do you deal with being told you only have 6 months (if that) massively aggressive lung cancer, but that won't kill you, it won't Have time because the huge one in your head will get there first.

Fuck you cancer

*hug

I am sorry to hear it turned out that way. I'm always about if you need me!

Quick update for the curious: eliminating the allergic-reaction-causing drug from my chemo regimen has meant much, much easier recovery periods. I'm eating more, though because the doc wants me to stop losing weight, there's a fair amount of deep dish veggie pizza in the diet these days. Am down three waist sizes since January so must shop for jeans that won't fall off my skinny ass in a wind.

Also: just ordered two FYC tee shirts, one for me and one for my mother. Hers reads Club Chemo and mine reads "Secretly Wishing Chemo Will Give me Super Powers. Will be seeing my mother this week and expect to share more chemo war stories over gins and tonic.

Drive by Fuck Yous and sympathies and MWY glad to hear there are no further shenannigans in the infusion chair!

Quick update for the curious: eliminating the allergic-reaction-causing drug from my chemo regimen has meant much, much easier recovery periods. I'm eating more, though because the doc wants me to stop losing weight, there's a fair amount of deep dish veggie pizza in the diet these days. Am down three waist sizes since January so must shop for jeans that won't fall off my skinny ass in a wind.

Also: just ordered two FYC tee shirts, one for me and one for my mother. Hers reads Club Chemo and mine reads "Secretly Wishing Chemo Will Give me Super Powers. Will be seeing my mother this week and expect to share more chemo war stories over gins and tonic.
May I steal your chemo/super powers line for a shirt of my own?

Edited to add what I goofed and left out: Thrilled to hear your recovery periods are better!

I'm sure you hate having to double up on the deep dish veggie pizza :rolleyes: I can empathize with your forced shopping for new clothes... YK wants to go through my clothes and get rid of all the XX stuff, saying I'll never get back all that fat, and I have to agree. No way I'm going to find that missing 125 pounds again, not that I'd want to... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Christ! Youre looking old.

Thanks. Considering what I've been through I'm glad I get to be, fuckwad.

You're quite the same. Still sad nobody would pee on you if you were on fire, aren't you, so trolling the illness thread.

Christ! Youre looking old.

Welcome, brother, to the Holy Apostolic Church of Cleansing Hatred of the Cellfucker!!! Your bile is welcome here, brother!! Come and spew and rest your weary spleen and rail. AAAALLLL are glorious in the holy light of rage amen!!! Though they wander in the domain of the Dark Lord, that place apart from salvation called the GeeBee, EVEN HE SHALL BE WELCOME IN THE HOLY PLACE OF HATRED FOR THE CELLFUCKER AMEN!!!

Amen brother. Amen.

Welcome, brother, to the Holy Apostolic Church of Cleansing Hatred of the Cellfucker!!! Your bile is welcome here, brother!! Come and spew and rest your weary spleen and rail. AAAALLLL are glorious in the holy light of rage amen!!! Though they wander in the domain of the Dark Lord, that place apart from salvation called the GeeBee, EVEN HE SHALL BE WELCOME IN THE HOLY PLACE OF HATRED FOR THE CELLFUCKER AMEN!!!

Amen brother. Amen.

Is this related to the Church of What's Happening Now?

Thank you. It's weird sitting in bed and not having him lurking underneath like a little ninja-dog.

Losing a beloved pet hurts. I can remember every little detail of the day each of my dogs died.

I'm sure you gave him a good three years.

6 months!

Fuck you cancer

Ugh.

FYC indeed.

Is this related to the Church of What's Happening Now?

This tabernacle of venom is related to redemptive disdain in all forms, brother. Sunday we are having our traditional laying on of the sneers.

The entire congregation joins me in wishing you congratulations on the new chemo schemo. That's good news happening now.

And now, the New Testament reading:

"And down in Whoville they say, the Yank's pants shrank THREE sizes that day!"

Losing a beloved pet hurts. I can remember every little detail of the day each of my dogs died.

I'm sure you gave him a good three years.

I think so. We got him from the pound and I don't know anything about his life before that, but I think he'd had a rough time, and he seemed to be pretty happy to live with us. He got spoiled like hell the last couple of months.

He came in on the morning of the last day and just looked at me, kinda sad... I'm probably just projecting, but it felt like he was saying goodbye. He was a pretty smart dog, maybe he knew.

I think so. We got him from the pound and I don't know anything about his life before that, but I think he'd had a rough time, and he seemed to be pretty happy to live with us. He got spoiled like hell the last couple of months.

He came in on the morning of the last day and just looked at me, kinda sad... I'm probably just projecting, but it felt like he was saying goodbye. He was a pretty smart dog, maybe he knew.

I read this and teared up. :eek:

It's alway so hard to lose a pet. I'll be devastated when the time comes for my current pup to pass on.

Condolences. :rose:

The week was hell.

Talked to my grown children, told them I was thinking of not taking treatment.

Tears, rants, pleas, and finally a little voice, "Watch me grandma, watch me" My two year old grandbaby. How can I not watch that sweet little love grow into a wonderful adult?

Best part was my son-in-law

SIL: Mom, you've always put on the gloves and come out swinging, this time let's go MMA on the fuckers ass. Take it out with spinning back kicks, elbows,knees and finish it with a rear naked choke!

Yup, I do love me some MMA

So once more into the mix I go...

I just wanted to let everyone know that SW went to the ER early yesterday morning. He has been in a lot of pain and has been pretty doped up since yesterday evening. They transported him this afternoon to a VA hospital about 170 miles from here. I am waiting to hear what they decide before I go up there.

I don't know when he will be able to get on here. He is in good hands so please don't worry, but I know he would appreciate everyone's antennas, good thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much! :rose:

SW, all the positive vibes, good thoughts and prays to the higher ups coming your way...be strong. :rose::heart::rose:

For anyone interested, antineoplaston therapy is showing promise in the cancer war. Now to just hope we can help bring this therapy to the people it can help ASAP! ! Here is a link that tells more about it, and the long walk it has had.

FYC!

Thank you, everyone, for your well-wishes. They are being passed along to SW and he appreciates them very much! :heart:

Best wishes to all.

My wife Leigh81 here on Lit went for her final ct scan yesterday and had her final mri 2 weeks ago. Next Thursday we go in to get her results hoping the cancer is gone. She went through 35 radiation treatments and two chemo's on her lymph nodes in her neck. 90% chance they say it'll be positive news.
She is so brave and strong. They gave her a recovery time of nine to twelve months after radiation. Three months after she's in the gym with a personal trainer to her team of doctors amazement. She is my hero!!!

Back