Let's Get Textual (Closed)

Anna wrinkled her brow in concern.

He really was out of it. Calling her baby so quickly after their fight as if he’d forgotten all about it was not a good sign. And the fact that he was complaining of pain when he took a breath because maybe he’d even managed to crack a rib or two on his way down was not exactly encouraging either.

His vitals were exactly what she expected to find. Blood pressure and heart rate was up. Respiratory rate was a little lower than his usual because he was consciously making an effort to slow it down - if he had a broken rib it would hurt like hell on every inspiration of air.

Anna’s small hands reached for his shirt determinedly and she said, “I’m going to look and see if you're bruised and take a feel for tenderness - you need to be in a Johnny anyway so I’ll help you with that at the same time because you’re obviously in no condition.” Her hands reached for the hem of his shirt and tugged it over his head. It may not be quite as professional as her usual care, but Anna had seen these goods before and she assumed Tommy really didn't give a fuck right now. Hell, he’d probably enjoy it. Best to get it over with as soon as possible.

As she pressed her fingers along every surface of his muscular torso she murmured “tell me if I hit a sore spot, okay?” He did jump at a couple points, flinching a little and hissing our a gasp of pain, so Anna made note of it. When she was done, Anna stepped back and reached for the folded gown on the counter. Tommy obediently stretched his arms out and Anna had a spiteful moment where she thought: It only took a head injury to straighten this jerk out — maybe I should have done this sooner to get him to behave himself! Before she firmly shook that off and stepped in close to reach around his neck and pull the strings together.

She was so close that she could feel his breath on her throat and she swallowed her gulp. Even though he’d come from work and smelled a little musky from sweat, Anna loved that masculine smell. The smell of a hardworking man was nothing like the fruity aftershave Adam spritzed on every morning. It wasn’t the best moment, but Anna admitteded that the scent of it usually soaked her panties. Nothing sexier than a man who could provide for his family with hard manual labour.

“I’m going to need you to stand up,” she warned softly. “Those pants have to go, too. Do you think you can manage?” Tommy was rising to his feet before she could even get the words out, but he must have moved a little fast because that palor on his face turned a little green and he stumbled, catching himself with an arm around Anna’s shoulder even as he fought back a twitch of pain. God, he was so strong - his body was a heavy weight wrapped around her as she quickly reached down and unhooked the button of his jeans before pushig his pants to his ankles. She pressed him back to the stretcher and he’d just sat back down again when he reached for the garbage can and lost his lunch.

Anna was starting to feel that creeping worry again.

She smoothed his hair back off his forehead and stroked his back as he heaved, murmuring, “I’ll get Dr. Thompson in here and get you loaded up with meds. You’ll probably need to have a chest X-ray done to confirm those ribs. We’re likely going to have to keep you here and start an IV for fluids. That way we can also better control this pain and nausea. You’ll be pretty annoyed because someone will be with you almost constantly since there’s worry you have a concussion. They can go south pretty quickly so it’s just better you’re not alone,” she warned. By this time, he was done puking, so Anna took a couple steps back again.

“The call bell is there tied to the rail of the stretcher if you need anything, but I’ll only be gone a few minutes and I’ll be back, okay? We’re going to take good care of you Tommy.”
 
Tommy looked up at Anna and forced a small smile through the pain. “Okay,” he said, grimacing. He was pissed off at himself for puking like that in front of her, not that he had any control over it. His head was spinning. He reached out for her with his hand.

“Thank you baby... you’re too good to me... I know I can always count on you...”

His hand found hers, and they squeezed each other. For a moment, at her touch, the pain seemed to subside, at least until he took another breath.
 
Anna curled her fingers with his tightly for a moment, squeezing, before letting go.

“Alright, so we’ll be back before you know it.”

*****

Half an hour later the doctor had seen him. Anna had been right; the X-ray tech brought the portable machine into the small room and took a picture of his chest since Tommy was in no state to go to them. He had two fractured ribs but they hadn’t punctured anything which was great; they were hairline cracks in the bone and should heal well. Still, it was enough to cause him some discomfort.

The doctor ordered pain meds and anti-emetics for the nausea. He wanted Tommy to stay overnight in an observation room with fluids to counteract any dehydration if he continued to vomit. There wasn’t much else they could do for broken ribs, but they needed to monitor his condition closely overnight.

Anna returned to the room laden with supplies to put in the IV. Tommy had fallen asleep a few minutes after the doctor left and Anna shook him awake. He watched her silently as she prepped him to insert the catheter into his vein. His eyes on her made her skin prickle and hair rise up on the back of her neck. For someone with a pounding headache his gaze was sure intense.

“So I’m just going to start this IV and we’ll get those pain meds and some Gravol into you so you don’t throw up again. You’ve earned a one-way ticket to a bed across the hall for tonight, since we’re keeping you. Once you’re a little more comfortable I’ll move you over there. It’s a bit more comfortable than this room and you’ll have some privacy,” she commented. As she finished speaking, the catheter needle filled with blood and Anna removed the tourniquet, having easily placed the line. She secured it with a clear plastic film.

She gave him some Dilaudid for the pain first and then let the Gravol infuse. The fluids he was to get just ran slowly, some saline, and before long Anna was pleased to see he showed some physical signs of feeling better. His colour wasn’t so pale and he was starting to breathe a little easier.

Much better she smiled in satisfaction.
 
Tommy watched her intently, despite the pain. She was very good at her job. The meds started working quickly, and the pain subsided along with the spins. The pain medicine was quite strong, and put Tommy in a bit of a stupor.

“God... thank you Anna... you are really good at your job” he said, looking at her with adoration in his eyes. “Fuck, I should have asked you out years ago, back in college... Those scrubs look fucking good on you baby... fuck... we could have been so good together...”

His head was flighty from the drugs, and he probably would have professed his undying love for her if she hadn’t stopped him.
 
That was a road she could not allow him to go down, though his words made her feel warm. The thought of it seemed a lot closer now, like she could visualize being Tommy’s girlfriend and building a life with him. Only, that thought was impossible. Her boyfriend was his best friend. If only he had asked her out...

Anna flinched and turned away, laughing awkwardly.

“Alright you big lug, let’s get moving. You’re talking nonsense now and I think you know it. The two of us are like oil and water; you never would have been able to put up with my short fuse and I think you’re too fucking stubborn, but it wouldn’t do to speak ill of an invalid, so let’s leave it at that. We don’t make a good team,” she denied.

Strong fingers grasped her worst and spun her around.

Anna watched him critically. Tommy was unpredictable on a good day, but when he was hopped up on drugs and concussed? This was uncharted territory.
 
“Don’t you fucking lie to me,” Tommy said, his eyes locking with hers.

“Come here and kiss me and see if you still really believe we aren’t fucking perfect together.”

The curtain in front of the glass door had been drawn, so they had a minimal amount of privacy. He pulled her towards him, grunting a bit at the pain shooting up from his ribs as he did, and pushed himself to sit up with his other arm.

He raised his hand and cupped her jaw and pulled her towards his face to kiss her deeply...
 
She was surprised he was being so persistent about this. His persuing her is what had started this whole mess in the first place and she had been sure it was some sort of game with him all along. Now that he wasn’t really in his right mind and still expressing the same desire, Anna wondered if there were feelings starting to brew deep down inside of him in regards to her. That thought was just as impossible as the last one and she tried to ignore it. That was so crazy - there was absolutely no way!

But now, as Tommy pulled her in close to kiss her, Anna felt her defences slipping a bit. His hands grasped her waist and guided her a little closer even as his lips brushed hers. He tasted like she remembered, but instead of the sharp underlying tang of booze there was a bit of sour taste from where he’d vomited earlier. It made her wrinkle her nose in disgust, but Anna still didn’t move away. They stood there for a few seconds just touching their lips together before Tommy pressed deeper, sliding his tongue between her gasped lips to open up their kiss. That first breach seemed to ignite something inside him and he claimed her mouth passionately, strokes of his tongue and nibbles of his teeth on her lip.

Anna’s eyes slid shut as she let him kiss her, hands sliding up his arms to clutch his shoulders. For a moment, she let herself be loved by him, even if he didn’t feel that way about her at all, and just sunk into their soulful exchange. It felt different, kissing him here, like this, in the light of day. It felt like they’d survived their first fight as a couple and were making up, only that was so far from the truth it almost hurt.

Her tongue slid out to tentatively curl against his own, reciprocating now. He grunted into her mouth and one large paw squeezed at her bum. Anna sighed exasperatedly into the split of his lips, not surprised in the least. It did make her break their lip lick, though, and she watched him breathe deeply for a second before she leaned in and pecked his mouth chastely one more time.

It felt like goodbye. Anna couldn’t be kissing a man who wasn’t her boyfriend. Yes, she had her concerns about their failing relationship, but standing here kissing Tommy was only going to make everything worse in the long run. She had to stop this now.

“The only thing I feel now is that you’re too late, Tommy. Why do you always hurt me like this? I think you already know: that kiss was goodbye. I’m serious when I say I just can’t wait around for you to love me when I already have a man waiting at home,” she lied, each word driving a spike into her heart. This was the only way. That didn’t mean it didn’t cause her any less agony as she watched his face crumple in disbelief and something she couldn’t put a name to.

She was gone before he even had a chance to respond, slipping out of his hands like smoke. It was as if she had never been there in the first place.
 
And then she was gone. Tommy’s rattled, sedated brain couldn’t find the words to even try to stop her, and he just sunk back onto the cot, heartbroken. Why? Why was he feeling this way? He had plenty of girls to mess around with! What was so special about Anna?

Everything. Fucking. Every. Thing.

Tears welled up and he quickly wiped them away. He laid there and stared at the ceiling, trying to control his breathing and process what had just happened. She was gone. Probably for good now. That kiss was her saying goodbye.

A little while later, Tommy was moved into a different room for the night, hooked up to new monitors, and met his new nurse, an older woman in her 60s. The pain meds kept him in a daze, but at least he wasn’t nauseous anymore. He was able to get up and use the facilities without assistance.

He turned on the TV, and let the hours fade away, into the night, hoping he’d be in good enough shape to go home the next day.
 
Anna was an emotional wreck. She was all over the place, not knowing how to feel. She was simultaneously heart broken but also worried about Tommy. But she knew that Adam wouldn’t likely understand her reasons if she called and said that Tommy was in the ER and he needed someone to stay with him. Still, Anna knew that it was the right thing to do to make Tommy feel better and also sedate Anna’s anxious heart, but it would only drive another wedge into her relationship.

She sat in her car debating long after her shift was over. Her fingers hovered over the call button several times to tell Adam she wasn’t coming home tonight, but she wanted to have a shower and get a change of clothes first. She’d be able to better calm Adam down too if she could look at him face to face. Her shift ended at seven. When she turned her car on and pulled out f the parking lot, her dashboard read 7:54.
 
Last edited:
Hours passed, unaccounted for in the haze of the pain medicine. Tommy fell in and out of waking life, only vaguely aware of the passage of time by the differing programs playing silently on the television. He longed for Anna. He desperately wanted to reach out to her, but he didn’t know what to say, or how to say it.

He would scroll through facebook for ten minutes at a time, before falling out and then coming to. The pain would wake him. Pain in his heart, pain in his body. He searched for the perfect thing to send her.

Almost accidentally, he found it. He didn’t add anything else to the message, just the image that perfectly expressed his madness.

IWI2HCO.jpg
 
Anna packed a couple things into an overnight bag and headed over to Adam’s to let him know where she would be (because to hell with it, Tommy needed her!) and pack some clean clothes and toiletries for Tommy. It wasn’t much but she knew they would help him feel a bit better when he came to. She felt a bit odd pulling stuff out of his drawers and invading his space, but it was all for the best so she just quickly grabbed what she thought he would need and headed for the door.

Adam hadn’t been home until Anna had just stepped into her shoes again. He raised an eyebrow, looking at Tommy’s shaving kit peeking out of Anna’s bag. Slowly, he raised his eyes to meet hers.

“Uh, you got another boyfriend you haven’t told me about? Where do you think you’re going with that?” He asked, amusement bleeding into snark.

Anna shrugged, saying, “Tommy got hurt at work. I was the one who took care of him today. He’s really out of it and he needs some help tonight.”

Adam snorted. “Hate to break this to you, but that’s part of the job of the nurses,” he said slowly. “I mean, you know that since you live that life, but really, Anna? This is my last night home for a week and I hoped to curl up in bed with my girlfriend and have a great night’s sleep.”

This was part of the problem - Adam was selfish. He ignored the main issue to focus on himself and he always seemed to belittle her. He avoided confrontation and even when he brought up any problem he had, as soon as Anna responded, Adam would back off and tell her to calm down. Which, let’s face it: it just pissed her off even more. Now, Anna realized that the timing wasn’t great. She had known Adam was leaving on a business trip for the last week or two but she couldn’t help that Tommy was her priority right now. She hated to do it, but Adam would manage. He’d be asleep in five minutes anyway and it wouldn’t matter if Anna was there or not.

Anna stood her ground.

“No, Adam. Yeah, it sucks that it had to happen now but Tommy’s concussed and in a lot of pain. He broke his fucking ribs and you’re going to be petty about it?” Her eyes flashed in warning.

Adam shot her a sneer. “Fine. Do whatever the fuck you want! Don’t know why I bother. I didn’t think it was a big deal to ask to spend tome with my girlfriend but run off to Tommy and play nurse if you want. Just don’t come crying to me when he acts like an ass again!” He stomped down the hall, slamming the bedroom door.

Anna steamed the entire drive to the hospital.
 
Last edited:
Every time he closed his eyes, there she was. He could see her. He could feel her as she cuddled him. Kissed him. Touched him.

He could see the dirty pictures she had sent him.

He could hold her in his arms.

He could relive that drunken, stoned, late night oral sexathon.

He could see all the things he ever fantasized about her. She was alive in his dreamspace between the pain of being awake.

He blinked.

He could see her.

Opening the door.

He blinked again, certain he was dreaming his waking life now.

Was she really there?
 
Anna stopped by the desk to ask about how he’d been doing. She was pleased to find his evening had been relatively uneventful and he’d been topped up on pain meds since she left but Anna nodded and said she was going to be staying with him tonight. Her coworker Jana shot her a confused glance, wondering why on earth she was staying with a man who wasn’t Adam (they’d all gone out to drinks a while back and Jana had taken a shine to him), but she said nothing.

Anna slipped into his room and found the lights down and Tommy breathing quietly in the dark. She thought she could see his eye peeking open at her but she blinked and before she knew it he was alseep again as if she’d imagined it. She dropped the bag by the foot of the bed and curled up in a chair next to his head, reaching for his hand and stroking the back of it softly. She sat there for a while watching him like this until Anna decided she was satisfied with how easy he was resting and occupied herself with her phone. Every once in a while he was a restless and kept turning or flinching and Anna dutifully called for more pain meds when he looked like it was getting to be too much.

A couple hours later Anna was feeling that typical exhasuted ache settling over her bones. She rested her head on the mattress next to his pillow with his hand clasped in hers still. She leaned over to gently kiss him on the forehead before pulling back and making herself comfortable again.

“Goodnight Tommy,” she whispered. “I love you, even if it kills me. Even if I shouldn’t.”
 
Tommy woke up to the feeling of light on his face, slowly and groggily, still in a haze from the pain meds. His eyes opened slowly, easing into focus, and there she was, dutifully checking on him, in ponytail and scrubs.

“Hey sexy,” he said, a smile spreading across his face as he tried to push himself up into a sitting position. The pain in his chest was lingering hut dull when he moved. He didn’t realize until she was coming towards him that he had a serious case of morning wood going on, and it was quite obvious under the sheet!

“I had the strangest dreams...”
 
“Oh yeah?” She asked off-handedly. “Like what? You can tell me about them as I examine you. How are you feeling this morning? Do you remember what happened? Feeling a little more like yourself, I see,” she snarked, gesturing at his lower half. That thing was renting the sheets, for God’s sakes!

“Must really have been a nice dream after all. But I am glad you seem to be looking better; less pale. More focused. That’s a good sign. Any nausea? How’s the pain?” She did all her regular checks while she waited for his answers to the questions she was firing off: grip strength, pupillary response, lungs, if there was any swelling, and general assessments of all his organ systems. That all checked out. His mental clarity was still yet to be determined, but it seemed like he would be able to go home shortly. He’d need someone to stay with him since those ribs of his would give him trouble, but Anna was already planning on spending a few nights over at his place since Adam wouldn’t be around to help out. Plus, she kind of just wanted to be there for him.
 
He smirked at her request that he tell her about the dreams, and shook his head. “Probably better to keep those dreams to myself,” he said, recalling how the kiss they shared the day before had been a “good-bye,” and how she had professed her love for Adam over him. Although he did have to chuckle a bit at her acknowledgment of his state of arousal. He did his best to will his cock back down.

“Not really nauseous,” he said. “As for the pain... well, the meds seem to be working is all I can say.”

He couldn’t help but admire her sexy, curvy figure. Her scrubs clung to her in all the right ways. “Am I getting out of here today?” he asked her. “I’m gonna need to get a ride figured out.”
 
Anna shrugged. “I think so. Everything checks out and there’s nothing that I can’t do at home for you; I’ll just need Dr. Thompson to sign off and you’re good to go. It’s only early but I could probably drop you off home on my lunch break once your discharge papers are all signed. I’ll pick up your prescriptions and bring them by once I get done work tonight and make you something to eat. Adam’s out but I figured I’d stay over and help you out. That is, if you can stand that,” she babbled.

She didn’t explain herself and though her words implied he could turn down her offer, her tone was firm enough that it was clear Anna would be stubborn about this.

She leaned against the counter and watched him as he processed this information.
 
Last edited:
Tommy was slow to process her words, the pain meds still keeping him in a pretty good haze. But everything she said sure sounded like she was going to be taking care of him, at his house... fixing dinner, picking up prescriptions...

She was assuming girlfriend duties in his hour of need. It was a sweet gesture, to be sure.

“Anna, listen, I know how you feel about me, you don’t have to do any of that. I can get some help if I need it, don’t worry.” There was definitely something about her tone that had said he couldn’t say no, but that didn’t stop him from protesting.

He pushed himself up to a sitting position, and pain shot through his chest and up his back. He grimaced. “Fuck,” he growled, gritting his teeth before finding his feet on the floor. He waved Anna off as she tried to assist. “I need to pee,” he said, starting to make his way towards the restroom, rolling his IV bags along with him as he used the bed for support.
 
Anna quickly stepped into his personal space and wrapped her hand around his waist with her shoulder braced under his good arm for more support.

“Shut up, Tommy. Don’t complain; I don’t mind. You need the help and I’d be a shitty person if I let you suffer. I’ll help you to the toilet and give you some privacy and then top you up on pain meds, but if I hear one more comment out of you, you’ll wish you hadn’t crossed me; you know that I’m stubborn.

Anna assisted him into the washroom and made sure he wasn’t dizzy at all before she was comfortable turning around and letting him have a bit of space while still being close enough to react if he needed any help.
 
As she helped him make his way to the bathroom, he suddenly had a flashback to that moment he had caught her peeping on him peeing late that one night. His cock twitched between his legs at the thought.

They made it to the toilet and she turned her back on him, for privacy. He stumbled a bit, grabbing at the handicap bar on the wall.

“Fuck,” he grumbled. His ribs were screaming as he tried to steady himself. “Dammit... a little help...” he groaned for Anna...
 
WARNING: Thread will contain elements of watersports. Briefly mentioned earlier but more intense play from this point on. Readers continue at your own discretion, please.















He was already using them for balance as he tried to collect himself, panting in pain, but she still pointed to the steel bars above and beside the toilet just the same.

“Keeping holding onto that for balance or use your pole if you have to,” she instructed. Tommy held himself up with the bar on the side, noting that his body began to sway in vertigo when he didn’t have two hands either on the IV pole or the bars. The second problem became obvious. With one hand on his back, Anna reached for the elastic band of his boxers. Her eyes were fixed firmly on his face even as she hesitated, knowing that this was a mistake, but more worried about two hundred plus pounds of hefty muscle ending up on the floor.

Tommy had tried on his own to reach and push down his boxers to tug his cock out but even the slight movement caused him to stumble and sway dangerously, grunting with exertion.

She had no choice, though she hadn’t been counting on having to go this far.

“I’m going to help you,” she warned, fingers plucking the cotton material down so it rested over his thighs just under his balls. This was a little different than holding someone’s penis in the urinal, but Anna tried to ignore just how unprofessional this was as she wrapped a hand fully around his shaft and directed it towards the flush.

Fuck; it was only a semi, but it felt so heavy in her hands! Anna could remember the taste and heft of it on her tongue suddenly, and she couldn’t stop thinking about it. She wanted that again, so badly. But something else whispered in the back of her brain: I wonder what he’d taste like if I dropped to my knees and blew him once he was done pissing, the extra salty, rich flavour she could imagine his pee being seemed to taunt her. It would be a bit concentrated and more robustly flavoured now because of his dehydration, but it made her mouth water all the same.

She was disgusted with herself! Where had these terrible urges come from? Anna had never wanted anything so degrading and so kinky in her life, and yet she was contemplating doing it anyway; still, it would never happen so there was no point even thinking about it. She was only helping him relieve himself because he was desperate. This was too far over the line in the sand and Anna couldn’t let her get sucked up into the riptide again.

“Next time we’re using the urinal,” she muttered to herself. “I can’t believe I’m doing this.”
 
Last edited:
Tommy took in a sharp, pained breath as he felt Anna’s small hand wrap around his dick, aiming it towards the toilet. Of course his cock immediately throbbed in response, but he willed himself to let loose and he started peeing a steady yellow stream. Relief washed over him as he emptied his bladder.

“Thank you,” he said as he finished, even as he was frustrated with himself for being unable to accomplish such a basic task. He realized he was going to really need her help to make it through the next few days.
 
She’d tried to look away but she was fixated on the stream. Tommy sure had a lot built up and she imagined that he felt quite a bit of relief after that. Unconsciously, her fingers tightened around his shaft and squeezed once at the thought of being underneath that shower before she realized what she was doing and let go as if she’d been burned.

She quickly helped him yank up his pants and boxers after he managed to shake the last couple drops free and tucked the equipment safely away inside and led him back to bed.

“Yeah, uhm, no... no problem, Tommy. Sit tight and I’ll get the paperwork going for discharge. In the meantime, I’m going to go check on my other patients,” she said nervously. After their goodbye kiss yesterday, Anna was having trouble actually following through - she was digging herself deeper into this hole every second and it felt as though it was filling with quicksand until she couldn’t get free and was forced to just accept the truth: her body and heart longed for Tommy. Her mind was stuck on the fact that she’d been with Adam for so long - she loved him - even if her heart screamed in rebuttal.
 
Tommy groaned at the feel of Anna’s hand tightening around his member, and in spite of his drug-hazed mind, clearly noted how much she was paying attention to the stream of pee. She seemed quite frazzled afterwards, and as Tommy sat back down on the bed, he realized that the “goodbye” kiss was anything but.

She gave him another dose of the pain meds, effectively knocking him out in short order. He was awake, but in a thoughtless daze, and the morning passed peacefully until she returned with his discharge paperwork. He was slightly more together by this point. He knew he had to give her an out. If she wanted it.

“Listen, Anna, I can get a ride home, and I got some friends who can come around and check on me and help me out. You don’t have to take care of me.” Granted, none of those friends were here now, but he had to make the point.

“I mean, don’t get me wrong, I would love to have you around... but you’ve made it clear where your heart lies.”
 
She knew he knew. He knew that he made her uncomfortable. Maybe he was even realizing just how deeply her feelings ran. He was trying to make it so she could walk away from all of this and if Anna was smarter she might have taken him up on that. It was great that he’d been knocked out last night for her impromptu confession: Anna would never be able to dissuade him then.

Instead, she shook her head.

“No, Tommy. I’m staying and that’s final. I don’t know why we’re talking about my heart, but even still I’m allowed to care for you - even after you said some pretty shitty things I guess I’m a glutton for punishment. I still consider you a friend, you know,” she said softly.

“I know it will be hard on you to trust me and let me in because you’re so independent and strong but you need the help. I can’t imagine you letting many people see you so vulnerable, so it’s best I just do it and we call it square. After this we can go our separate ways if you still think I’m such a hateful bitch. Oh, sorry - a slut,” she commented snippily, turning away from him. She checked her watch and kept talking before he could interrupt.

“So it’s about 1145 now and I’ll be going to lunch in just about half an hour. I’ll come back and take you home then, okay? But don’t make a nuisance out of yourself to the nurses while I’m gone!” She joked, laughing it off, but her tense facial expression made it clear that she worries he really would try and take up with one of her coworkers.
 
Back
Top