Looking for an editor (finally!) for gay male story

Justforthefun

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Posts
1,336
I am in need of an editor for my gay male story. I would like someone that can check grammer, punctuation, etc. but also provide input on the content and flow of the story.

Thanks!!
 
I am in need of an editor for my gay male story. I would like someone that can check grammer, punctuation, etc. but also provide input on the content and flow of the story.

Thanks!!

How many words is it?
 
Honestly, I couldn't really say for certain. Since my computer is used by the entire family I write these particular stories entirely on my phone. I don't have the ability to get a word count from the email service I use to write it out.
 
Update

I still don't have a word count but this story fills out 18 pages as a Microsoft word document. I am still having issues getting it to go out as a word document from my phone but I can cut and paste to sent out as a standard email. The things I am looking for mainly from an editor are:

- spotting the missed words. No matter how many times I read through a lengthy story I have written I always seem to drop words. My mind tends to automatically fill in the blanks.

- Corrections for my use of commas and quotations in conjunction with conversational speech. I am working on improving this aspect but it is still a work in progress.
 
For Word tracking change to be effective, you have to also be able to receive it in Word. It would be a bear to edit properly with manual insertions. It sounds like it's rather long.
 
I'm beginning to think I will just have to post it as it stands now. I spent quite a bit of time writing and revising, all the while assuring fans it is almost done. Despite small imperfections I still feel it is well written. My particular style of writing is very discriptive but I think it flows well and reads quickly. Hopefully that will be enough for most readers to not be overly concerned about minor problems.
 
You could try that, yes, to see how well your writing flies. I assume that most post stories here without the help of an editor--and most get along just fine. (Most claiming to be "editors" here, by the way are only a second pair, a fresh pair, of eyes looking at the piece--which is useful. They aren't really trained editors and many of them will not be any more skilled in it than you are.)
 
I was contacted by an editor today and I'm looking forward to having my new story posted soon!!
 
Well, Trip. Robert is more of a editor (has demonstrated being so) than most advertising their wares here. Give that a thought. ;)

Give this a thought . . . .

How on earth would you know what all the editors and authors on this site are doing?
 
Give this a thought . . . .

How on earth would you know what all the editors and authors on this site are doing?

Well, for starters, I'm a professional editor (don't care if you believe me or not) and I've been here for a whole bunch of years watching posts and looking at stories including thanks for named "editors."

Not my problem if you have a hard on for Robertstreams enough to bring him into a thread he hasn't posted to.

There's hate running all over the forum tonight. Your problem if you want to be part of it. I'm not biting.
 
After you blow your wad all over the keyboard and post it here, you say you aren't biting?

You're embarrassing . . . .
 
I'm game. Suppose either one of you point to where I have claimed that I knew what all of the "editors" and authors on this site are up to.

My, the forum is swimming in childish back biting and hatred tonight. :rolleyes:
 
I'm game. Suppose either one of you point to where I have claimed that I knew what all of the "editors" and authors on this site are up to.

My, the forum is swimming in childish back biting and hatred tonight. :rolleyes:

I dedicated another song to you. xoxoxo

:kiss:
 
That's nice. You did that rather than back up your childish post? What a surprise.
 
I'm game. Suppose either one of you point to where I have claimed that I knew what all of the "editors" and authors on this site are up to.

My, the forum is swimming in childish back biting and hatred tonight. :rolleyes:

See, this is where you fall on your face and look stupid.

You say Robert has done more than the other editors around here, but we all know that you couldn't actually know that, because you have no idea who is doing what, unless they post it to the forum.

And by the way Pilot, getting a check for editing might very well make you a professional, but it doesn't automatically make you good at it, and not getting a check and doing it free, doesn't mean you're bad at it or unqualified.

P.S, I thought you weren't going to bite?
 
Well, Dalton, is this where you fall on your face? Some of us actually do know what we are doing, others merely bloviate.
 
Back
Top