A Bat's Light of Hope (Closed)

By the time he was knocking on her door, she had showered and dressed in casual clothes and sitting at a mirror brushing her hair. "Come on in." She chuckled. "Though I'm amazed you actually decided to knock first." She looked back at her reflection. "I always forget just how much hair I have until I have to brush it."
 
Bruce entered and smiled at her sitting in front of her mirror. "Why my dear you wound me. This is your room and I will always respect your privacy here."

He walked over and took the brush from her and began to gently brush her long hair at the back. He knew it was much easier for someone else to do it. He gradually worked his way through her many layers and all around her head until it was silky smooth. "I am afraid you will have to put it up my dear. I don't know any styles except a straight braid," he smiled.

As she was putting her hair up he reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring he had shown her last night. Once she was finished he again got down on one knee and looked at her. "I know you have already said yes my love but I love to hear you say it," he smiled at her opening the small box and showing her the crescent moonstone ring inside made of gold and real moonstone. It was the opposite of the one on her finger now so it would look like a round circle on her finger. "Will you marry me Serenity?"
 
She smiled softly as he took over brushing her hair for her. When he was done, she giggled and began putting her hair up. "Oh don't worry, you'll learn if I have anything to say about it."

Once her hair was put up, she turned to face him with a soft smile. "My answer will always be yes. No matter how many times you ask me."
 
He chuckled as she slipped the ring on her finger and leaned over for a quick but passionate kiss. "Well hopefully only the priest will do the asking from now but you still have to answer yes you know," he chuckled.

As she finished her hair he helped her up and hugged her to him. "Well shall we go downstairs to grab some breakfast and see who is up and just how observant they are. I wager Alfred picks it up first, nothing ever gets past him but who do you think will be next?" he asked as they strolled towards the door.
 
Serenity giggled. "Unless you decide to ask me to renew our vows." She winked. "But yes it'll still be yes, no matter what."

She gave him one more quick kiss. "As for who I think might be next after Alfred, I'd figure Luna but then again, Rini might beat her considering I'm sure she's gotten some skills in observing from you."

As they walked out of her room and strolled down the stairs, she laced her fingers with his, just enjoying the simple action.
 
Bruce loved the feeling of just walking with her hand in his. It felt so natural to him but at the same time so magical. As they walked down towards the kitchen his smile grew wider and he squeezed her hand making sure he was not dreaming. As they walked into the cozy kitchen area they were greeted by the sounds of noisy conversation. It seemed as if everyone had beaten them here and Rini had informed them all that it was going to be a family day. As they entered conversation stopped then resumed louder than before and he realized the argument was about where to go.

He shook his head and led Serenity over to two free chairs and sat down. Alfred walked over with his usual bowl of high protein muesli, yoghurt and milk, and orange juice and then looked at Serenity. She had her hands on the table and was drumming them as she thought and then looked at his breakfast and smiled. "Why not, lets try what he is having Alfred."

Nodding he walked away but was soon back, only he served her a bowl with muesli and over six strawberries cut up in it, Strawberry yoghurt and bruce was sure if their was a strawberry drink he would have served that, as it was she got blood orange juice, the closet he could get to the color. Smiling he placed it all before them then nodding at her hand he smiled a huge smile and walked away.

"Told you he would notice," Bruce whispered in her ear then kissed it lightly as he leaned over. Around them everyone argued on oblivious to what had happened.
 
"And I'm quite sure he's thinking that it's about time." She whispered back with a chuckle, clearly content with letting the others argue and eating. "What about those calls to J'ohnn and Clark? Gonna go ahead and get them out the way or wait til Monday?"
 
Bruce chuckled. "I think he never expected me too find anyone. As for Clark and J'onn, well I guess I will give them a call straight after lunch. We can set up a time for J'onn and his niece Megan to come visiting as I am sure they will want to."

Leaning even closer he whispered "Maybe you might even invite what are essentially extended family to the wedding."
 
Serenity giggled. "Most likely." She leaned against him with a smile. "Seems we're gonna have quite a day with all the arguing over there." She gestured to the still arguing group they called family. "But it'll be well worth it I think." She smiled softly. "And yes J'onn and Megan definitely should attend."
 
Bruce listened to what they were arguing about and realized that Rini and Diana wanted to do the usual adolescent things like amusement parks and shopping, while Luna and Artemis wanted to relax a little more.

He stepped over and cleared his throat and they stopped for a second. "Let me offer a compromise for you both. How about we hit the big amusement park this morning then go out for lunch, before relaxing with a spot of touring of the art gallery and maybe the museum, but also the technology center so the girls don't get too bored."

Whispering to Rini he also told her the art gallery also had a section for young adults that had interactive Manga art, Cartoon and industrial styles.

"Then we can all go out to dinner after coming home and changing. I want to show off my new family," he grinned. He walked back to Serenity."Change of plan," he whispered. "Looks like I will be phoning J'onn after breakfast now."
 
Serenity watched with a smile as Bruce took over the argument and explained how they were going to do things everyone wanted to. She chuckled as the group all agreed to the plans and watched as he joined her again." And here I was going to say something silly like no dessert if they didn't act right."

She then nodded at his whispered words about J'onn. "Well better to at least have that done before we leave out anyway."
 
As they finished their breakfast he led her down towards the cave. "Well no one noticed the ring except Alfred just like we thought. Maybe one of them will later on." He pulled up two chairs in front of the large computer screen and invited Serenity to sit down. "Computer make sure J'onn is on monitor duty."

"Request received. J'onn located. He is indeed on monitor duty. Do you wish me to set up a video link with the watchtower?"

"Yes please computer."

Seconds later the screen showed the green face of J'onn. "Bruce," he smiled. "An unexpected pleasure, but who is that beside you? you know you are not supposed to have civilians with you when you use this line," he frowned.

"Don't worry J'onn, she knows who I am and everything. I will actually be sponsoring her for membership very soon. This call is not about that however. It concerns you and Megan but I will let her tell you about it." He turned to Serenity and gestured to the screen. "It is all yours My queen."
 
Serenity took the seat next to him and watched the video link start up. She listened briefly to the exchange between Bruce and J'onn before Bruce turned the call over to her.

"Bruce is right. I requested for it to be a video call. But before I go into what I have to say, there is something I need to do first." She closed her eyes briefly and focused as her hair changed to the normal blond it had been for most of her life on the moon, the odangos changing with it from their current heart shape to the circular shape that was trademark of the moon kingdom. On her forehead appeared the golden crescent moon that was the mark of the moon kingdom's royal family. After her crescent had appeared, she opened her eyes once more.

"That's better. Now, it is a pleasure to meet you. I just wish it was under slightly better circumstances." She closed her eyes again for a brief minute, her eyes starting to water up at the memory of her fallen friend. She took a deep breath to compose herself a little more before opening her eyes, eyes filled with tears ready to fall."Up until a few years ago, there had been one more from your home on Earth. The princess, who still held her role as one of my guardians. It is with deepest regret that I felt it was necessary to inform you of her death myself rather than letting you find out through Bruce."
 
J'onn was stunned as the lady next to Bruce transformed her looks. At first he thought she was a shapeshifter like him but then he recognized that look. He had seen it numerous times before just never before on the lady sitting before him. It was the look of the royal family from the moon kingdom, a place he himself had visited several times with their own royal family. Their loss hit him hard again but he composed himself.

Then he heard the news that indeed the Mars princess had survived but had perished while in the company of the moon princess. J'onn did not show emotion all that often but he let the tears fall unashamedly now. "I thank you for this Princess. If it is not too much to ask I would like to hear the story of her passing and maybe some tales of her life someday."
 
Serenity didn't stop her own tears at the memory of her fallen friend and smiled softly at J'onn's request. "It was no trouble at all. I would be happy to share the stories and even photos with you. It is the least I could do."
 
Bruce smiled at her and hugged her tight. "We will both be on the Watchtower soon J'onn. I will be bringing her up to introduce her officially and to request her introduction to the league at the next meeting, so the two of you can meet properly then and if you arrange to have Megan there as well we can all have lunch together." He smiled at J'onn, "My next phone call is to Clark to arrange it all so I expect a visit from him soon but he can wait. I am using my rank as a founding member for this." He saw J'onns eyes widen at that and his grin widened. "Yes it is that important to me my friend, I will tell you more later. I will let the princess say goodbye to you now and see you at the next meeting."
 
When Bruce had taken over the call, she let go of her focus, her crescent moon disappearing from view once more as her hair went back to the silver blond and heart shaped buns it had now obtained. "I look forward to meeting you in person and talking wih you more." She smiled softly
 
Bruce ended the call and then had the computer make a standard call to Clark's residence. Given the time difference he should just be about to wake up. It had only rung three times before he heard the familiar voice of his friend. "Hello Clark Kent speaking."

"Morning Clark, it's Bruce. I hear you have been trying to get a hold of me. Sorry I have been a little busy lately taking care of some business, what can I do for you?"

"Bruce, good to hear from you. Look a little birdy tells me you have a new player in town. Anything you want to tell me?"

"All will be explained at the next meeting Clark. I will be introducing her then. I am officially taking her as my partner and will be introducing her as such then. Now if you will excuse me I will see you next week, I have a full day planned. Goodbye Clark."
He hung up and looked to Serenity. "Well that takes care of all the formalities, let's go get ready for our day out."
 
Serenity listened as Bruce spoke with Clark, bursting into giggles once Bruce had ended that call. "Short and to the point. Keep him on his toes. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to take a peek before then."

She stood up with a smile. "One question I have. How much of my past fighting experience will the league have to know?"
 
Don't worry Serenity... between your magic and my recommendation your career started when you moved to Gotham. I will tell them you helped me recently on a case and I was so impressed with you that I am taking you under my wing and training you as my partner. As such you are entitled to enlist in the league straight away and after a probationary period can be called up for missions anywhere around the world or the galaxy if need be. I hope you know what you are getting yourself into."

He grinned and cuddled her before kissing her. "Well let's take the private elevator or we will be late."
 
Upon hearing his words, she sighed in relief. "Okay good. I wasn't sure if they would need to know my past as Sailor Moon. Granted I'll have to tell J'onn since that's what helped me find the Martian princess again. But other than that, if the rest of the league doesn't need to know then, good. Especially if there's a chance any of them end up meeting Rini when she's transformed."

She kissed him with a grin. "You mean we should get upstairs before Rini gives Alfred the shock of being called Grandpa?" She teased. "We should try to get Alfred to enjoy the day with us. He is family after all."
 
"Well then I will tell him he is coming along. Of course he may not join in much but I am sure Rini and Diana will get him to enjoy some things. He is a big softy when it comes to little girls. Reminds him of his own niece you see. He may like this afternoons activities more. He is a walking encyclopedia on art and history. Taught me a lot of what I know. Of course you are right about him being family and he does deserve to be there today. In fact let's make sure everyone takes a change of clothes and we can just stay in the city and get changed at a hotel or in one of my townhouses."

He accompanied Serenity upstairs to tell everyone the new plan.
 
"That sounds like a brilliant idea." Serenity kissed his cheek just as they stepped out of the elevator at the top.

Rini was soon calling out. "Daddy! Tell Grandpa stop calling me Miss!" The sound of a dish shattering on the floor.

Serenity giggled. "Guess we weren't quite quick enough."
 
Bruce walked into the floor to see Rini hiding a smile while Alfred stared at her with an ashen face amidst a broken plate. Then as he heard his footsteps he turned to look at him and at Serenity. A look of sudden realization dawned on his features and he looked Bruce dead in the eyes. "Is what this young lady telling me the truth Bruce? I know you told me she was from the future but just whose future and from what dimension?"

Bruce chuckled and walked over clapping his oldest friend on the shoulder. "It is a long story Alfred but the short version is that yes, she is my daughter and yes Serenity is her Mother." He had no problems telling him as no one else was in the room at the moment, which was probably why Rini had yelled out the way she had. "The reason she is here though is very complex. For now though just treat her as a normal house guest when other people are around and as our daughter when it is just us. Oh and you will be accompanying us today so go and get ready 'Grandpa'," he smiled.

Then he turned towards Rini who was smiling and frowned at her. "As for you young lady, no more teasing Alfred or there will be no more family outings and you will be grounded. Don't think I won't do it either or be able to enforce it. Just remember who I am and remember I am in my prime at the moment dear daughter. Now go get ready yourself, time is wasting away."
 
Serenity looked to Alfred. "And grab a change of clothes. We're spending the night in the city. She watched as he walked off, Luna, Artemis, and Diana doing the same. She then turned on Rini. "And young lady you are going to find a way to make it up to Alfred for giving him such a shock."

Rini, looking fully scolded, nodded. "Yes Daddy. Yes Mama." With that, she too headed upstairs to get ready.

Serenity turned to Bruce and sighed. "I think later, we'll have to talk further with Rini and Alfred. I don't want to think completely that she meant for him to find out that way either."
 
Back
Top