The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have WAY too much fun creating dialogue between these two.
"Where's my muffin?"
"You are a muffin."
"Am I your looooove muffin?"

I am NOT crazy!

Mmmmmm maybe I should take advantage of the fact my son is out for another small session...just to make sure its really working properly of course. *looks innocent* :eek:

Mmmmmm maybe I should take advantage of the fact my son is out for another small session...just to make sure its really working properly of course. *looks innocent* :eek:

Does it make you want to borrow a phrase from Nina? That's better than the Good Housekeeping seal of approval! :D

Don't ask me a question in a forum, then change what you asked to win an argument. You just prove your own stupidity.

i thought i wonder what this is?
and decided to send the girls a hug!!! mmwwaahh!!
28593.gif

Can anyone tell me...
When I make a roast in the slow cooker, it comes out great.
Then I put it in tuperware so I can eat it all week.
But it ends up with all this white gunk flecked everywhere which I know is just fat but it is very unattractive and unappealing.
So, my last thought is: Can anyone tell me how to avoid that?

Can anyone tell me...
But it ends up with all this white gunk flecked everywhere which I know is just fat but it is very unattractive and unappealing.

Skim the fats off before it cools, and let it cool well before fridge.

Can anyone tell me...

Yes.
You need to heat store the meat in such a way that what ever juices it was cooked in are chilled along with the meat an that the meat is under those juices.

Most that juice will be water. Skim the white grease off after it chills. You may have to do this more than once with heating a few times.. it is laborious but works.

Mind you, Fat is Flavor. :D

Can anyone tell me...

hmmm.... either get a non fat cow or refigerate, then remove said flakes as soon as they apear so you dont have to look at them all week.

Other than that... its the price you pay for being a carnivor with a refidgerator.

One thing... put it in a much more slender container so that all the food bits can sink lower than the 'juice' .. so the fat can collect in a sheet at the top. Then remove sheet and divy up for the week. I do that when i make stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back