What are you doing right now? (besides online & on Lit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry

Don't want to sound stupid but what is the BCS Bowl and who is doing what ?

;)

It's like the World Cup final of college (American) football.

What he said. Alabama is beating the pants off Notre Dame, which irks me to no end. Notre Dame can play so much better than they are tonight, but I do give Alabama kudos for their game.

And you're not stupid, Milord. *smile* You're just not from this side of the world. I wouldn't expect you to know this.

What he said. Alabama is beating the pants off Notre Dame, which irks me to no end. Notre Dame can play so much better than they are tonight, but I do give Alabama kudos for their game.

And you're not stupid, Milord. *smile* You're just not from this side of the world. I wouldn't expect you to know this.

What she said. She is wise that one. Yep.

It would be like a 5-1 score in the 70th minute of a World Cup Final. You just expect the runner up to be more competitive than Notre Dame is tonight. It really is not a very good game to the point of being hard to watch...

Also: Few things make me happier than seeing ND getting embarrassed like this. After that football program had the death of two kids and the rape of another on their hands and did nothing about it, they deserve so much more than this... but it's a good start.

It's like the World Cup final of college (American) football.

Thanks

Figured as much but I didn't want to guess.

Used to watch the American Football a lot in the old days now I just stick to the Trinity

Rugby, Cricket and Football (Soccer)

(Followed the Vikings because the name was awesome and grown men obliterating each other while dressed in purple was awesome :) )

Thanks

Figured as much but I didn't want to guess.

Used to watch the American Football a lot in the old days now I just stick to the Trinity

Rugby, Cricket and Football (Soccer)

(Followed the Vikings because the name was awesome and grown men obliterating each other while dressed in purple was awesome :) )

I love the real football (soccer). We now have a channel that is devoted to it 24/7!

Rugby is great too.

But for the life of me, I cannot figure out cricket. :rolleyes: It can last for days and it seems like you have a field full of guys but only a few guys get involved in the plays. Not knocking it, I just don't understand the rules or strategy. Probably like people trying to figure out hockey I guess.

I love the real football (soccer). We now have a channel that is devoted to it 24/7!

Rugby is great too.

But for the life of me, I cannot figure out cricket. :rolleyes: It can last for days and it seems like you have a field full of guys but only a few guys get involved in the plays. Not knocking it, I just don't understand the rules or strategy. Probably like people trying to figure out hockey I guess.

lol, hockey...

407849_482531055126921_2092696690_n.png

Rugby is great too.

Haha

Yes I can understand why you would find it frustrating or tiresome.

Football (Soccer) has such simple rules and it is easy to appreciate the skills of a player. Watching Messi dribble past a defense and curl the ball beyond the keeper into the top corner is beautiful.

Rugby (though not as uncommon to Americans as once) has slightly more complicated rules (too complicated and easy for interpretation which is a problem I think) but as a whole the concept is similar to American Football. Team must get ball across opponents line.

Cricket is like nothing else (you can't even compare it to baseball as aside from guy bowls\pitches ball to another guy who hits it and fielders try stop it, that is where it ends)

The strategies and tactics are so different. It is one of those games that to truly understand you have to know how difficult it is to play and the strategy is so different to normal team sports. I am not sure where I heard it but cricket is said to be a team sport played by individuals.

It's so slick and pretty...... !

:D

I do need app suggestions.

That all depends on how much you want to get into. You can do something as simple as little tweaks that you don't need root for, or something as complicated as flashing an entirely new ROM (version of Android, basically), with all kinds of tweaks and settings to make the phone pretty amazing.

Haha

Yes I can understand why you would find it frustrating or tiresome.

Football (Soccer) has such simple rules and it is easy to appreciate the skills of a player. Watching Messi dribble past a defense and curl the ball beyond the keeper into the top corner is beautiful.

Rugby (though not as uncommon to Americans as once) has slightly more complicated rules (too complicated and easy for interpretation which is a problem I think) but as a whole the concept is similar to American Football. Team must get ball across opponents line.

Cricket is like nothing else (you can't even compare it to baseball as aside from guy bowls\pitches ball to another guy who hits it and fielders try stop it, that is where it ends)

The strategies and tactics are so different. It is one of those games that to truly understand you have to know how difficult it is to play and the strategy is so different to normal team sports. I am not sure where I heard it but cricket is said to be a team sport played by individuals.

There's a reason the Brazilian's call it "The Beautiful Game'. And it is, the way they play it.

Understand the comments about cricket. Everyone I know that follows it, and I know quite a few, practically worship it. And defend it passionately to all haters. I don't understand it, but I accept that if people are that passionate about it, it must be a great game.

That all depends on how much you want to get into. You can do something as simple as little tweaks that you don't need root for, or something as complicated as flashing an entirely new ROM (version of Android, basically), with all kinds of tweaks and settings to make the phone pretty amazing.
Gets by him and sits.

Oh.......that's cool. Do go on.

...waking but not sure I want to...not enough sleep by far...

yawns

...bed might just reclaim me...if it gets the chance...which it probably won't...

Okay, I think that one will actually be easier to deal with.

For whatever reason, Verizon decided to lock their bootloader, so you had to do this whole workaround.. it was stupid, and didn't stop me from rooting the phone. Idiots..

Hm.. looks like there are different ones for the different carriers.

Have you had an Android phone before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back