The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, stop it! You're making me feel terribly guilty. I have a whole house to keep clean, guys. I cannot be fretting about my study. :(

Anyway, I'm really excited because I saw a very small compact rice cooker today in ASDA's for only £7!!! For years I've suffered this cumbersome thing I bought in John Lewis; I can't believe this little trinket is on offer in the local ASDA's, why it's so dinky it's practically Japanese. :heart:

Under the Sea cake anyone? OK, the icing doesn't look much like the picture in the book, but it's proper butter icing - it tastes delicious! Mmm, nom nom, just let me get my nose out of the cake-mixing bowl.

And now I must make rice and steak and stuff, and go and watch even more Disney Princess movies - ah the sufferings of the MILF. I've spent the whole day pottering in the garden planting seeds, shopping for blue sparkly stuff to put on cakes, making cakes and now I've got to lounge about watching DVDs with popcorn and hint-of-lime Doritos, life is tough innit. ;)

attachment.php

Oh yummy! I want one! Granted, I did just finish the Easter candy that was around the apartment, so I may be in a bit of a sugar rush soon. :eek: You watching all the classic Disney movies or some of the new ones too?

Not setting the kitchen on fire is good. ;)

Hey, my office was cleaned out last week too! I'll be able to paint soon. :D

What a wonderful night I had last night. I so love being in theatre.... :)

Just hauled out three garbage bags and I have a box of computer parts, an old PC, and two monitors to go to the PC recycling place. I've been getting some help with this, especially when it comes to actually throwing stuff out.

Glad that you had fun at your gala last night.

Oh yummy! I want one! Granted, I did just finish the Easter candy that was around the apartment, so I may be in a bit of a sugar rush soon. :eek: You watching all the classic Disney movies or some of the new ones too?

Just hauled out three garbage bags and I have a box of computer parts, an old PC, and two monitors to go to the PC recycling place. I've been getting some help with this, especially when it comes to actually throwing stuff out.

Glad that you had fun at your gala last night.

Yeah, we came up with a bunch of old electronics to dispose of, including my old PC. Better make sure I've got everything off of it....

We had a great time at the Gala, thank you. :hug:

Oh, I'm a little late to this conversation, but I made chocolate pancakes for the pre-gala brunch!

Yeah, we came up with a bunch of old electronics to dispose of, including my old PC. Better make sure I've got everything off of it....

We had a great time at the Gala, thank you. :hug:

Oh, I'm a little late to this conversation, but I made chocolate pancakes for the pre-gala brunch!

Congratulations on doing so well in the gala plays. :rose:

Mmm! Chocolate pancakes. Is the recipe in Di's thread? Then I'll have something else to make in the Kitchenaid free glass mixer bowl not just regular pancakes, LOL.

Hey I found the free recipe book! I was pruning the roses and throwing the stems in the green bin when I saw to my annoyance that Someone had chucked some cardboard in there. I fished it out and it was a parcel, in fact it was the Kitchenaid recipe book. OMG! totally me! It has a recipe for salmon poached in champagne ROFLOL! (Don't even ask how you make that with a Kitchenaid cakemixer :rolleyes:) and the chocolate mousse is not just made with alcohol but with Lapsang Souchong and Single Malt Whisky!

John, you clearly have no idea what fun it is, I mean what hard work, to live with a piglet. MuLan was awesome. We watched Brave the other night. Sometimes we are a bit highbrow and go for some Studio Ghibli, and there are ample opportunities to watch Pirates of the Caribbean or Star Wars or Avengers Assemble :devil:. In fact, pretty much everything with a warrior princess in it has been watched so many times it's wearing thin. Piglet said she wasn't into princesses any more earlier today but that was before she saw the secret writing Princess pen which only shows up when you shine the torch on it in the £1 machine in ASDA.

Wait until she gets her hands round Egyptian hieroglyph
:rose:

We started those! We picked up a book on How to Draw Like an Egyptian in the BM and are busy doing fish and cats.

I'm wondering if those Rachel Weisz Mummy films are too old for her. I absolutely love them; I'm sure she would too. I think they would be a good investment and important cultural education for her.

Cup of tea? I can't yet offer you a Lapsang Souchong and Single Malt Whisky chocolate mousse but I feel the creative spirit (or at any rate some kind of alcohol) coming over me.

We started those! We picked up a book on How to Draw Like an Egyptian in the BM and are busy doing fish and cats.

I'm wondering if those Rachel Weisz Mummy films are too old for her. I absolutely love them; I'm sure she would too. I think they would be a good investment and important cultural education for her.

Cup of tea? I can't yet offer you a Lapsang Souchong and Single Malt Whisky chocolate mousse but I feel the creative spirit (or at any rate some kind of alcohol) coming over me.

An ordinary cup of (domestic) tea would do me fine thanks.
I take it you've read the 'egyptian' novels by P C Doherty ?
(Frankly, he's a bloody good author, regardless of my interest in the ancients).

An ordinary cup of (domestic) tea would do me fine thanks.
I take it you've read the 'egyptian' novels by P C Doherty ?
(Frankly, he's a bloody good author, regardless of my interest in the ancients).

No I don't know those. Agh, agh! I can't add to my reading list. I've got all Ogg's stories to get through and review for my site, never mind a queue of stuff to edit - and my own chapter to correct and put online! And Biggles in the Gobi Desert.

I'm still reading The Iliad. I kept meaning to let you know, I think it is a good translation. You have to be into reading epic poetry, I really like the cadenced complex lines and I don't mind the arcane vocabulary. This is a poetic translation, not one rendered into prose. I really enjoy it - much more than I think I would have enjoyed the anodyne sounding romance which someone wrote about Patroclus and Achilles. Does anyone know if there are supposed to be naughty details about P and A in The Iliad? because there are only details of women's lovely hair in my translation, which I don't mind because lovely hair is lovely, but I should hate to be missing a good bit of smut in amongst the clash of spear going right through the very centre of the round shield of so-and-so, son of this person who was best friend forever to so-and-so's dad, etc.

No I don't know those. Agh, agh! I can't add to my reading list. I've got all Ogg's stories to get through and review for my site, never mind a queue of stuff to edit - and my own chapter to correct and put online! And Biggles in the Gobi Desert.

I'm still reading The Iliad. I kept meaning to let you know, I think it is a good translation. You have to be into reading epic poetry, I really like the cadenced complex lines and I don't mind the arcane vocabulary. This is a poetic translation, not one rendered into prose. I really enjoy it - much more than I think I would have enjoyed the anodyne sounding romance which someone wrote about Patroclus and Achilles. Does anyone know if there are supposed to be naughty details about P and A in The Iliad? because there are only details of women's lovely hair in my translation, which I don't mind because lovely hair is lovely, but I should hate to be missing a good bit of smut in amongst the clash of spear going right through the very centre of the round shield of so-and-so, son of this person who was best friend forever to so-and-so's dad, etc.

I think I'll pass on a poetic translation, thanks.
A good Prose one is, I think, sufficient for my own level of education (dumb!).

And PC Doherty ? Try from here some time

I think I'll pass on a poetic translation, thanks.
A good Prose one is, I think, sufficient for my own level of education (dumb!).

And PC Doherty ? Try from here some time

LOL, I'm not sure you ever get to retire as a MILF, although possibly when I get (even) older there won't be quite so many cubs to kick away and I'll have more time for some nice reading. I met a hilarious one in ASDA's today. I had to look away from his eyes to get him to stop stuttering and tell me what aisle the cake making materials were in! It feels so rude not to look into someone's face when they're talking to you, but when they start leaning so close that they're going to fall into your cleavage, you have to take desperate measures. Besides, I was on a mission to make the Under the Sea cupcakes. ROFLOL!

LOL, I'm not sure you ever get to retire as a MILF, although possibly when I get (even) older there won't be quite so many cubs to kick away and I'll have more time for some nice reading. I met a hilarious one in ASDA's today. I had to look away from his eyes to get him to stop stuttering and tell me what aisle the cake making materials were in! It feels so rude not to look into someone's face when they're talking to you, but when they start leaning so close that they're going to fall into your cleavage, you have to take desperate measures. Besides, I was on a mission to make the Under the Sea cupcakes. ROFLOL!

Oh come on. You know perfectly well you do it quite deliberately.
It's for fun!

Oh come on. You know perfectly well you do it quite deliberately.
It's for fun!

No no, honestly! I never realised I was even doing it until about 2 years ago. Life is a lot easier now I realise what's going on. I used to be dreadfully puzzled. Nowadays I try not to do the pussycat purr in the voice but sometimes I forget. I mean sometimes I do it deliberately, like the time my MILF friend kept the DVD from the library by mistake and racked up a £30 fine on my card. LOL. She said to me, "That librarian was very kind, wasn't she." And I was like, "He, darling, he." and she fell about laughing and said: "Of course!" But if I can remember to keep the purr out of the voice, I can sometimes have quite reasonable conversations, like: "Yes, madam, the cake mixing ingredients are in aisle 22 and I will not insist on accompanying you there and pant just behind your shoulder the whole way." ;)

Oh I must go to bed now! I am so sleepy, and the washing up is finally done. The ironing must wait for tomorrow, poor creased pile of things. LOL.

Last edited:
No no, honestly! I never realised I was even doing it until about 2 years ago. Life is a lot easier now I realise what's going on. I used to be dreadfully puzzled. Nowadays I try not to do the pussycat purr in the voice but sometimes I forget. I mean sometimes I do it deliberately, like the time my MILF friend kept the DVD from the library by mistake and racked up a £30 fine on my card. LOL. She said to me, "That librarian was very kind, wasn't she." And I was like, "He, darling, he." and she fell about laughing and said: "Of course!" But if I can remember to keep the purr out of the voice, I can sometimes have quite reasonable conversations, like: "Yes, madam, the cake mixing ingredients are in aisle 22 and I will not insist on accompanying you there and pant just behind your shoulder the whole way." ;)

Oh I must go to bed now! I am so sleepy, and the washing up is finally done. The ironing must wait for tomorrow, poor creased pile of things. LOL.

Some of us younger guys just can't help it. ;) Sleep tight, Duchess.

It would have been even more beautiful if a testosterone poisoned little fool of a house finch hadn't decided to take possession of one of our wisterias. The (for real) bird brain saw his reflection in the window and spend the entire afternoon pecking at it to drive it off. You can sure tell which of his heads got all the blood! The saddest part is that the vine is up on a trellece that even the most fumble-pawed of cats could climb. I fear dear birdie up for a Darwin Award.

It would have been even more beautiful if a testosterone poisoned little fool of a house finch hadn't decided to take possession of one of our wisterias. The (for real) bird brain saw his reflection in the window and spend the entire afternoon pecking at it to drive it off. You can sure tell which of his heads got all the blood! The saddest part is that the vine is up on a trellece that even the most fumble-pawed of cats could climb. I fear dear birdie up for a Darwin Award.

I have much the same problem with a female cardinal. She's been at it all winter and spring.

I did, whilst driving in my Miata with the top down. ;)

Don't listen to them, Slyc. They're just jealous you have a top that goes down.

Soon the freaking blue jays will return to my magnolia tree in the backyard, the noise is going to drive me nuts. I wish the peregrine falcon in the park some half mile away would nest in the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back