Freedom at Last…or was it… (closed for saedo)


Carson made sure to match the disappointment in his wife's voice as they jointly reacted to Katrina's refusal. Secretly, he was relieved. What on earth could Melanie have been thinking?! Sure, this young woman seemed nice enough, but they didn't know a thing about her. No telling what she was really like. Helping her out was one thing, but making her a long-term houseguest?

Carson kept his own counsel after dinner. Melanie continued to harp about her concern for Katrina. For some reason, his wife seemed to regard the auburn-haired outsider as the younger sister she'd never had. Rather than point out the obvious hazards of such thinking, he let her wife drone on.

"Poor girl living in a car like that. It isn't safe, Carson. Even in a quiet town like this, it's simply not safe." Melanie squeezed another dollop of lotion into her hand and then rubbed right and left together before massaging it into her belly. "I don't see why she wouldn't realize that and seize this chance. Doesn't make sense."

Carson suppressed a groan and rolled over on his side. His wife probably had another half hour of diatribe in her. So much for any hope of a little fun in bed tonight. This Katrina girl was definitely becoming more hassle than she was worth. Hopefully they could get her car fixed soon. He couldn't stand much more of this.
 
Katrina could see the disappointment on their faces, especially Melanie’s face. She felt bad about turning her offer down, but she was really afraid she would get too close to both of them. Especially since she was physically attracted to Carson, she just didn’t want to chance anything. She had been honest, she didn’t want to feel like she had a new set of parents, determined to make it on her own.

For the next couple days, while her car was being worked on, she was driven back and forth from work by either Carson or Melanie. Mostly Melanie who kept working on her to stay and work for her. She really had to ask her to quit as she was not going to change her mind.

Finally three days later, her car was ready to be picked up and Carson gave her a lift to go get it.

“I really do appreciate what you and your wife have done for me and let me know what the bill is. Even if I’m not staying with you, I will pay you off as quick as possible and I will come by after work to check on Melanie and help her if she needs help with anything.” Katrina said as the pulled up to auto shop.
 
Back
Top