2017 NaNoWriMo support thread

I haven't ever tried it but, yes, it does seem like the editing process would be easier. Although, I suspect I will struggle with how to place them as a whole once I've finished! I'm a bit (read a lot) perfectionistic that's one major reason why I've never shared anything I've written with anyone until very recently. I'm trying to break out of it and start to share some of my writing efforts.

I was like that two and a half years ago and one day I just said to myself you'll never be perfect Chloe so just throw it out there and see what people think. It's very motivating and I find things like the contest deadlines just force me to write faster and harder and not sweat the imperfections. And it's fun having an audience that's tolerant of mistakes.
 
For me, I think it's the fear that I don't have anything of value to contribute. I think about all the great writers who have captured the human condition so brilliantly and I wonder if there is anything unique that I can contribute. But then I look at what is being published and I wonder why I'm not contributing! Not sure that makes sense, but there it is.

Lol. This is Literotica. They're not looking for the next James Joyce although if you are you'll find an audience. What you say makes total sense so just ..... do it!
 
Lol. This is Literotica. They're not looking for the next James Joyce although if you are you'll find an audience. What you say makes total sense so just ..... do it!
LOL! Yes, actually I was thinking audiences outside of here, but you do have a point!
 
For me, I think it's the fear that I don't have anything of value to contribute. I think about all the great writers who have captured the human condition so brilliantly and I wonder if there is anything unique that I can contribute. But then I look at what is being published and I wonder why I'm not contributing! Not sure that makes sense, but there it is.

My Polish immigrant great-grandmother told us kids stories and legends from her village in what was then the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.

My Mohawk grandmother told us of the legends, superstitions, and oral history of her tribe and of the valley where she moved to once she married.

I feel I'm following in their footsteps, being a storyteller, to entertain, to perhaps educate as well.
 
Gearing up for my 12th consecutive NaNo. I've never done outright erotica, though one story did have strong elements.

The two things that have helped me finish each year are 1) unwillingness to accept failure and 2) never, ever fall behind pace. Easier said than done sometimes, but it works for me.

Good luck to everyone participating!
 
A friend tossed out an idea she thought I could use for NaNo. I've been working on character names, locations, etc. Of course, that's the easy part. :)
 
Only a few days to go. You should be scheduling writing time, persuading the family to leave you alone, and planning what to write.
 
Going to dig deep tonight and get my characters all ready to play.
Still feeling them out.
 
I have a main character but not any others yet. Most of them will pop up as I write, the same as everything else will.
 
Open a word document
click on web browser
open Literotica
check threads
post
remember blank open word document
yep - writing as usual......

Happy NaNoWriMo Day One everybody

Happy writing!

Word Count: 0
 
Open a word document
click on web browser
open Literotica
check threads
post
remember blank open word document
yep - writing as usual......

Happy NaNoWriMo Day One everybody

Happy writing!

Word Count: 0

Slightly different:

Go shopping.
Open web browser.
Check Literotica, post a few times.
Open document folder review past stories part completed.
An hour later decide all part-completed stories are not suitable for NaNo.
Open Word.
Copy and paste copyright message.
Start new NaNo story.
Have coffee.
Have more coffee.
Deal with emails and physical post.
Write more.
Oh shit! Forgot couple of items when shopping.
More coffee.
Write more and stop at 1036 words.
Post this.
Stop for lunch and to go back to shops...
 
Show me a critically acclaimed, best selling novel and I will show you scores of people who don't like it.

Show me a 300 page piece of drek and I will show you scores of people who love it.

Just write, and hope an audience finds you.
A lot of work after publication won't hurt either.
 
...
Stop for lunch and to go back to shops...

Back from shops.
Write frantically.
Wonder whether the story has the potential to get beyond about 3,000 words.
Get to minimal word count for the day: 1696
Grandchildren arrive. End of writing time!
 
Back from shops.
Write frantically.
Wonder whether the story has the potential to get beyond about 3,000 words.
Get to minimal word count for the day: 1696
Grandchildren arrive. End of writing time!

Got my cover done and 1300 words written. Now drinking coffee and eating chocolate for lunch.
 
Congrats all you amazing writers!

Between constant work interruptions, I was able to hit my goal for during the day. Now to get a couple more thousand when I get home.

Word count: 3,119.
 
Wake up early to get some writing done - not working for the rest of the week
Handed a "Honey Dew" list
Look at market list and head up
Return and wait until Windows 10 update happens
Furiously type words
1031
Now looking at Lit.
 
An annoying interruption to my day left me antsy and aggravated. If I hope to get the word count I need, I'll have to erase two hours of my memory. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top