I don't think it's working

tinstar

Virgin
I've sent a couple of request to editors and I don't receive replies. I've also checked the box to also send a copy of the "request" to my box but I never get a notification the request was sent. I am signed in and I have checked my spam folder for any replies.

Does anyone know of something else I need to do?

Thanks for any replies.
Tinstar

Last edited:
No, it's not working, and the Web site won't just shoot it. You need to ask directly here for help, giving the genre and number of words. And you need to have your Private Messages (PMs) turned on.

No, it's not working, and the Web site won't just shoot it. You need to ask directly here for help, giving the genre and number of words. And you need to have your Private Messages (PMs) turned on.

After reading through 20 pages of editor profiles, there are a few that I would like to critique my story. Is there a way to contact them directly? Will going to their profile and sending a private message work?

Thanks
Tinstar

Just use this thread to find an editor. Like Sr said, state the category and word count. State what kind of editing help you need. And providing sex themes helps, regardless of category.

Finding a VE is a crapshoot, but using the this forum is the easiest way to find someone.

Good luck!

Just use this thread to find an editor. Like Sr said, state the category and word count. State what kind of editing help you need. And providing sex themes helps, regardless of category.

Finding a VE is a crapshoot, but using the this forum is the easiest way to find someone.

Good luck!

Thanks Lady, I may spin the wheel and see where it lands. If not I guess I could take my chances and send it in for posting.

You are never going to find an editor until you state what category it falls in and what the word count is.

Actually it does work. Here's the thing, if you send messages to 10 editors using the request feature, you'd be lucky to get 3 or 4 replies. Even then, you'll be lucky to get half of them to get a good edit, if at all.

Can't get mad over that though since it's a free service with tedious work.

You are never going to find an editor until you state what category it falls in and what the word count is.

That's not the problem Tigersman. I'm sure there would be some editors that would volunteer if I openly asked for just anyone. It's the Volunteer Editors section (where the writer can send the request after reading the editors profile). That is what doesn't work and they are not receiving requests from writers.

Actually it does work. Here's the thing, if you send messages to 10 editors using the request feature, you'd be lucky to get 3 or 4 replies. Even then, you'll be lucky to get half of them to get a good edit, if at all.

Maybe so HeyAll. I just haven't had any luck getting a response.
Thanks though.

Three or four replies out of ten queries has been your recent result? The complaints lodged on this forum for the last couple of years have spoken of no responses.

Out of 4 requests, I've got zero response. In fact, I also checked the box to "also send the request to my in box" and I never receive a copy of my request. That's why I originally said "I don't think it's working."

That's not the problem Tigersman. I'm sure there would be some editors that would volunteer if I openly asked for just anyone. It's the Volunteer Editors section (where the writer can send the request after reading the editors profile). That is what doesn't work and they are not receiving requests from writers.

If that is not working then copy down their user name and do a search on them. Once you find them, open their contact section and send them a message. If you include your email addy you should get a reply.

If you have to go through all that to contact them, you probably are going to regret trying to work with them.

Just try to connect with an editor through this forum.

Back