Why do you post at Lit?

Gosh, there's a ton of reasons. It's a good place to store my works. I have kids so more traditional forms of entertainment aren't open to me. I like chatting to other authors and readers.

I came to Literotica after a long hiatus from writing. I used to post to another site, but the restrictions on content combined with (very) low readers made me look elsewhere.

I also like reading here. Last night I found a story called 'Wife Jams Cucumber Up My Ass' (https://www.literotica.com/s/wife-jams-cucumber-up-my-ass if you're interested) and laughed so hard I cried. Then I winced. Then I laughed. I mean seriously, where else are you going to find stuff like that?
 
Almost ten years on from posting my first story, I still have (almost) the same small band of followers. I don’t get a huge number of views, and five or six comments is a major deluge. And, given that most of my followers have given me their real names and an email address, I could just send them an email version of anything I might write in future.

I too started out as a reader, and never imagined that I could write this stuff. But then I wrote down some ideas. I discovered it was fun! and the Authors' Hangout encourages me to keep it up. It's a nice change from chasing readership with an H-index; if somebody else gets enjoyment from my efforts, then all the better.

SamScribble I recently discovered your works through this forum and I am very pleased to have found them. They are clever vignettes written with lovely style and restraint. I think writing like yours greatly enhances the breadth of this site and I would be saddened if you didn't keep posting stories.
 
Last edited:
Do we need a poll? I might ask, What is Your Excuse for Posting Pr0n on LIT?

* Hope to be picked up by commercial publisher
* Brownie points (views, votes, faves, comments)
* Build a loyal readership (see above)
* Generate masturbatory material
* Honing my craft as an author
* I MUST tell my personal story
* Fucking with readers' heads
* Someplace to store writings
* I have no idea; I just MUST
* Well, I have these fantasies...
* Fuck, I can write better than that!
* What happened to SensibleErection.Com?
* For the lulz
* Dolf
 
Last edited:
I ain't much for words. I get so wordy.

I suppose I post to say silly things and vent for fun.

I leave politicking out of it.

*spits in pa-toon my granny gave me*

Unauthored in Writersville,
TeflonGuy
 
I'm a story teller going back to summers working at a summer camp, telling scary stories around the campfire. That's a tough gig. There's a fine line between keeping everyone in their tent and drying 27 sleeping bags! Add an overactive imagination, and being perpetually horny (I hate that word), and I'm compelled to share. I write tech stuff as a major part of my job, so I at least get the process, even if I am a raw rookie at fiction. I started on a business trip, in a hotel room frankly looking for stroke stories. I found Lit, enoyed a couple of stories and realised that most of the authors were just regular people sharing hot fantasies and real life erotic experiences. It happens that I had a couple of encounters at the airport on the trip out (that did not lead to sex). I added my imagination and my high sex drive, and pretty soon I was eight chapters in. I'm still trying to get that one ready to publish.
 
I started writing erotica because the stories I read wasn't quite to my taste. I posted them on Literotica because that's where I was reading, and with all its flaws, it is still nice an clean, without much adds and shit. Literotica is very hard on underage stories, which I value a lot. I couldn't see myself posting next to pedofolia.

Lately I've been disappointed by Laurel though. She hasn't replied to my messages about collecting my price for the recent contest I placed in. Not sure if I'll keep pisting here after that. For whatever reason, the site is starting to deteriate, and it wouldn't surprise me if it disappears or changes owner soon. I recently downloaded all my stories to have them for safe keepings.
 
I started writing erotica because the stories I read wasn't quite to my taste. I posted them on Literotica because that's where I was reading, and with all its flaws, it is still nice an clean, without much adds and shit. Literotica is very hard on underage stories, which I value a lot. I couldn't see myself posting next to pedofolia.

Lately I've been disappointed by Laurel though. She hasn't replied to my messages about collecting my price for the recent contest I placed in. Not sure if I'll keep pisting here after that. For whatever reason, the site is starting to deteriate, and it wouldn't surprise me if it disappears or changes owner soon. I recently downloaded all my stories to have them for safe keepings.

I'm sorry about that. It'd be sad to see you go :(
I'm honestly curious- how would you actually know if the site ownership changed hands and if that would make a difference? Literotica might be owned by an individual, but it probably isn't run by one, if the third-party domain registrar is any indication.
I've found there are downsides to many aspects of Lit, but that often comes when business and art intersect, and I try to appreciate the creative and social forum it offers even if it isn't necessarily "free".
I suppose I post because if there's a literary conversation going on in the world, I'd like to be a part of it.
 
.....why do you girls and boys post here?

Interesting question. I got started writing here because I enjoy making up little roleplaying stories for my partner (and earlier boyfriends) and getting into their heads and playing with all those little fantasies guys have. As well as my own. I did a bit of writing for fun but only for myself. My partner loved my stories and told me they were so good I should share them with a bigger audience and pointed me at Literotica.

So I got started here... and the reader response was totally encouraging and then I found the AH and it's been even more fun (apart from straying into the Politics Board which wasn't so much fun :eek:). So I've tried a few other websites but none of them have had the readership and interaction with readers and other authors that Literotica has, so I mostly stick here. It's been great - readers, other writers, a couple of publishers who I'm now working for, some paid for stories for a website for a while, I've really enjoyed it and I've been learning to write on a live audience who aren't that picky as long as the story's hot.

Even the trolls are mostly entertaining.

And I like getting into thousands of readers heads and playing with their minds and their fantasies! Far more rewarding than just one at a time! :D

What's not to like?
 
My raison d'etre for being here on Lit (links to an old Author’s Hangout thread.)

I’ve long considered Literotica the gold standard of free internet filth and wanted to see how my writing might do there.

I haven’t written anything under the Oblimo identity in a nigh decade. People started paying me serious dosh to do business/IT process work while my lifelong struggle with my own brain slowly snowballed. I took time off work for a course of electroconvulsive therapy and among the first signs something was different was that Oblimo awoke and wanted to write again.

So here I am.
 
I see two questions here: why do I post stories, and why do I post on the forum Bulletin Board?

The answer to the first, as I've mentioned before, is to give people the stories that I personally like to tell and to read, in hopes that it might inspire others to write stuff that I appreciate. In my stories, I get to be the woman I would like to be, the one that Real Life doesn't let me be.

In answer to the second, it allows me to cultivate friendships and discussions that I cannot possibly indulge in Real Life. My workplace and community is very conservative, strait-laced, and religious and, while I value some of their ethics and the depths of their convictions, I do not find that I could not relate to them in any sensual sort of way. (In fact, I have enough trouble relating to myself that way.) Here, I am accepted for who I am, with all my kinks and weird thoughts.
 
Why do I post?

This was the first adult stories website I found years ago. I found a range of quality and after a battle with cancer I thought I would try my hand at writing fiction. With gratuitous nudity and sex. Forty one stories later I have over 250 followers and coming up on 900,000 views. And about 80 percent of my stories are rated hot and all but one story is rated above 4.00.

One thing I noticed is that writing my stories keep my creative juices flowing and I am thinking about my characters and what will happen next.
 
Last edited:
I'm a fairly new writer, with only two stories up and one in publish purgatory. I write erotica because I've written other things in my professional life, but never anything I really, really want to write. I avoided admitting it to myself for a long time, but erotica satisfies and excites me in ways other things do not.

I get off on writing, and I think about my characters all the time. In fact, I feel like I need to become better at writing because the characters deserve to become more real. That might sound silly to some people, but it's how I feel.

I post here because it feels good to write something that people enjoy, and I learn a lot about my writing by hearing what others think of it — what worked, what didn't, what they understood, what confused them, what got them off. There are certain problems you just cannot see in your own writing. So thank you to anyone who has commented or PMed me, I really appreciate it.

I also just love the sense of community. You are a sweet, funny, wild, and mostly friendly bunch. Cheers.
 
Last edited:
Wife Jams Cucumber Up My Ass, eh?

That story sounds interesting. What happens in it?

It is either a salad love story or a salad hate story. Take your pick. :D

I'm not even going to mention the pickle fetish aspect.
 
I love salads but not that way, not that much, even with creamy Green Goddess dressing and avocados..
 
I'm sorry about that. It'd be sad to see you go :(
I'm honestly curious- how would you actually know if the site ownership changed hands and if that would make a difference? Literotica might be owned by an individual, but it probably isn't run by one, if the third-party domain registrar is any indication.

Laurel actually got back to me right after I posted this, so even if it's a new record in terms of slow response (3 month), she does eventually respond. I guess it's Literotica in a nut shell: slow but kind of reliable.
 
Laurel actually got back to me right after I posted this, so even if it's a new record in terms of slow response (3 month), she does eventually respond. I guess it's Literotica in a nut shell: slow but kind of reliable.
I'm glad you finally got a response! Maybe that's Lit in a tortoise shell...
 
I started posting here because it's literally the best place I can think of, and to get publicity for my writing blogs, when they were active. I also tried to join astr but ah dunno what happened to that, to post stuff that won't pass here. I wrote my first story outside of school requirements on one of my blogs(I think some of it is here) and thought this would be a better outlet and a way to experiment and better the craft. Maybe aid in publishing and getting to be well known in my city, be another great person to bring reconition here. Kinda like Hunter S. Tompson, one of our great writers.
 
I get off on writing, and I think about my characters all the time. In fact, I feel like I need to become better at writing because the characters deserve to become more real. That might sound silly to some people, but it's how I feel.

No, that makes perfect sense!!
 
Back
Top