The Inquisitor's Concubines (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
For centuries, the Five Kingdoms of Udorrea have maintained peace through an alliance with the Balvareen Inquisition, created by Lord Commander Rendalus Balvareen to end the constant wars between the kingdoms. Through his network of spies and sleeper agents built over many years, Inquisitor Rendalus was able to force the Five Kings to sign the Treaty of Archades, and hold them to that agreement by threat of punishment for disobedience.

Archades was the coastal city Rendalus had built to act as his capital, with the Inquisitor's Keep on a cliff overlooking the city and shore and a tunnel staircase leading from the base of the cliff up to the courtyard of the Keep. The Five Kings were "invited" to Archades where they were "asked" to sign the Treaty. One of the terms they had to agree to was the Offering of Daughters, which stated that each kingdom had to produce a young woman of noble birth to serve as a concubine to the Inquisitor for a term of five years, after which they would be returned home with a large sum of gold and a new female would be sent to Archades. Any male children born would remain with the Inquisitor as possible heirs, while female children would return home with their mothers.

When Rendalus grew ill years later, he passed a new law calling for the release of an Inquisitor's concubines upon his death, regardless of whether their five years were up. When a new Inquisitor was crowned (the oldest capable heir), they were to have five new females sent -- no concubine was permitted to serve two Inquisitors.

The Balvareen Inquisition has now ruled for nearly four centuries, and the current Inquisitor -- Hestor the Wise -- lays in his bed, dying. Having lived for nearly seven decades, the white-haired lord met his fate on a recent hunting trip where he and his three eldest sons happened upon an angry dragon. Hestor was the only one to make it back alive, though he too will soon join his ancestors in the heavens, for his injuries are grave.

Prince Darbin -- barely into his twenty-fifth summer -- is thrust into the responsibility of being the first-in-line to the throne, his three older brothers having perished in the dragon attack. After his father's funeral, and a period of seven days to mourn, he is expected to receive his five new concubines in the Throne Room at the Inquisitor's Keep in Archades.

If I can get five female writers, or at least two to play multiple roles, that would be excellent. I am, of course, open to story ideas and suggests anyone might have. Concubines should be between ages 18 and 21, though I am also open to accepting both male and female writers as other characters, such as advisers to the Inquisitor or citizens of Archades.
 
Could always relaunch this and remove the concubine part if that would generate more interest. Instead of the Five Kingdoms sending slaves, they could send advisors or something.
 
Back
Top