What's cookin', good lookin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home-made hummus (beats all shop-bought varieties into a cocked hat, for a fraction of the cost).

I'll be making hummus today, too, to take for my lunches this week with raw veggies (although it goes great with grilled veggies, too!). You're right, I've never found a store-bought hummus that was as good as homemade.

Today I seem to be all about comfort foods. I got up and made Peanut Butter Coffee Cake and had a huge piece, hot out of the oven, with a big glass of icy milk. For dinner I'm going to make my mother's recipe for homemade Macaroni and Cheese.
 
Perfectly grilled medium rare New York strip steaks with a dry rub of salted herbs served up with a side of grilled veggies (mix of onion, peppers, and zucchini), balsamic drizzled tomato, cucumber & feta salad and for dessert...fresh strawberries sliced thin and drizzled with real maple syrup... so good!
 
Pasta with garlic, olive oil, pamesan and tomatoes with a glass of Primitivo del Salento.
 
Roasted tomatoes and risotto, some kind of a salad which is yet to be decided.
 
All day marinated and then grilled carne asada with all the fixins, grilled tortillas, spanish style brown rice, grilled asparagus, fresh made salsa with homegrown heirloom tomato and jalapeno... spicy, smoky, and hot. Nom Nom Nom!
 
Tonight, it is Chicken Korma, jasmine rice, sweet peas, sliced n' salted beefsteak tomato, and oven toasted chapati.

Oh yes please, me too! I am all about a potluck as I have to agree that there are many delightfully delicious delectables here... I want to sample them all! YUM!
 
Grilled ahi tuna with a pineapple salsa glaze, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli, and freshly made blueberry-swirl cheesecake (courtesy of oldest son, in fact). Accompanied by a Cline zin.
 
Grilled garlic-ginger petite sirloin, roasted asparagus drizzled in olive oil, and a salad of red leaf & romaine lettuce, carrot, honey roasted almond slivers, feta, and cranberry~ all tossed in a white balsamic dressing. WHY isn't it ready yet?! SOOOO hungry!
 
Pet is making...

Spicy Lime Chicken
Rice pilaf
California mixed vegetables

I am making dessert...

Yellow cupcakes with chocolate fudge icing
 
Pet started the chicken and didn't put on the pilaf. The chicken was the first course, and the rice came later. I had to ask about the vegetables, which he conveniently forgot. After he cooked them, we had the rice and vegetables. He'd made a pretty good mess in the kitchen, so I pulled on fishnet thigh highs, my black lace boy shorts, slipped on some kicky, spikey heels, and finally an apron over the whole thing. Then I made him watch my backside while I did the dishes. No one cleans the kitchen as well as me.

I'll make him clean up after I make the cupcakes.
 
Homemade flat bread pizza with mushrooms, purple onion, black and green olives, sun dried tomato, feta cheese, and (my fav) italian sausage ;).. With sam adams summer ale.. Gosh, what a lucky guy my date is... :)

Strawberry shortcake for dessert!
 
I'm currently marinating chicken with olive oil, basil, garlic, chili, lemon, salt and pepper.

Later I'll roast it, and then it'll meet oak leaf salad, arugula, baby spinach, roasted pine nuts and sunflower seeds, grape tomatoes and pine apple, if I can muster the energy to peel and chop it.
 
Roasted Chicken breast on a bed of orcchiette pasta, with baby heirloom tomatoes and fresh arugala, topped with a decadent pesto cream sauce.
 
Simple fare tonight.
Grilled salmon with lemon and dill
A lovely wild greens salad with crumbled feta, sliced strawberries and raspberries with a balsamic vinagrette.
A bottle of wine and the company of two good friends.
 
TriTip, Cucumber, Carrots, fruit salad (Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and peaches), and garlic smothered flat bread.
 
Grilled chicken marinated in mesquite sauce, lime juice and honey, grilled red onions and vinegar cucumbers.
 
SantaMaria style Tri Tip, oven roasted broccoli with feta & olive oil, strawberries & cantaloupe, and smashed garlic red potatoes.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top