New Poetry Recommendations

NPR Friday July 18

There have been quite a few good poems posted recently - I encourage everyone to head over and check them out. I'm still operating on the assumption that I review Friday's poems until a decision is made about how we handle NPR.

Today's strongest:

The enigmatically titled GID <3 by jenyes is short and to the point - telling a story in 9 lines.

Heidi123 has three today - all are worth reading, as you will see from my comments I found the way these are presented as interesting as the content:

Mapping your Way Home

Burn

and Connection

wakingdown posts Contestation. As with his other work, it leads us on a path through battle.

I won't be able to review poems after next Friday for three weeks, traveling once again to a place where Lit access is uncertain. So if the decision is to continue to have someone "assigned" to certain days - I need someone to cover.
 
Just have to draw some attention to this one by WillotheWisp:

A Semen Sonnet if the title gives you heebiejeebies wait til you read the rest. And comment - WillotheWisp likes comments. As do most people.

Take 5 and go over to the new poems, people. There are some good ones. A full macabre bouquet from Oneiria, a new one from Darkmaas...etc!
 
Thank you bronzeage for your kind words from long ago. I had never expected any feedback on my poem, so I hadn't ever looked before. Now, many years later, I finally found your review.

Pervy_sage is relatively new to Lit, with quite a few poetry submission made in the past few days. Three appeared today.

Yin and Yang by Pervy_Sage

A familiar theme, unrequited and unsatisfactory love, told one more time. There is one clever line, "Possessive with nothing in possession".

Mindfucking by Pervy_Sage

There is an old fashioned part of me which wants to grab poets who write about cyber sex and shake them. If you can pretend to have sex while typing, pretend to have sex without the typing.

Fantasy Dreamscapes III by Pervy_Sage

This is similar to the Mindfucking, above. In this piece the narrator speculates about what his lover would do.

free cuntry by WillowedCabin

Another sharp edged piece from WillowedCabin.

Imaginary Lover by KnottLynnHardey

KnottLynnHardey is a new Lit poet and this is her first contribution. It is a smooth piece about the longing of sleeping alone. It starts as if this is in the short term, but soon reveals this is very long term and likely to never end because the fantasy is sufficient.


mistressjeiji is another new contributer. She has two pieces posted today.
i wish by mistressjeiji
This is a sweet address to a lover. The inconsistent punctuation and capitalization are inconsistant, which makes the read clumsy, especially in the last stanza.

make love to me by mistressjeiji

This is another sweet address to a lover, this time with a catalog of needs.

Das Nachthexen Sonett: 01 by Nachthexe

soft boys and hard girls (sonnet) by Nachthexe

It is a day for new contributers. Nachthexe gives us two very good sonnets with classical images. Both remind me of Catullus, which is high praise.

The Frustrated Husband by westcoastjohn

A familiar lament from westcoastjohn. If the page/monitor could answer, it would probably respond, "You are asking the wrong person."

Does He Feel Me When His HeartBeats by crashedn2you

This is the counterpart to westcoastjohn's "The Frustrated Husband", and the answer is the same.

Alone In My Bed by FantasySlut

Fantasyslut is a familiar name, but just recently posted her poetry on Literotica. This piece starts as a lament of lost love, but it is addressed to the speaker, so the problem is solved by the last stanza.


Is This How You Want Me by FantasySlut

Fantasyslut's second poem for Tuesday. Straightforward and to the point. No one needs to ask what's it all about.
 
Back
Top