What Will the GOP Do About the Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Roy Moore?

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
Caution- Do not post the secret forbidden words, or post forbidden words copied from articles.

Please use these substitutions-

Misconduct
Crime
Scandalous conduct
Shameful acts

These hints are close enough, to being descriptions, without naming the acts and people involved, besides Roy Moore, himself.


What Will the GOP Do About the Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Roy Moore?


(U.S. Senate, Roy Moore has attracted scandalous and shameful attention to himself.)

Olivia: Am I wrong that that would be like the Republicans just opting to sit this one out altogether? There’s no way a write in would work, right?

Ed: Part of the political problem here is that there’s no obvious substitute, unless Sessions quits and comes back.

Eric: If tax reform didn’t hang in the balance, “better two years of Doug Jones than a lifetime of Roy Moore” would be a compelling argument.

Jon: Tax reform, hell, Jones could give Democrats 51 seats after the midterms. I expect them to pick up Nevada and Arizona. Decent shot of holding every incumbent seat.

Ezekiel: I think the GOP can stomach anything if it looks like he’s going to win anyway. If it looks like the voters are going to abandon him, though, under the bus he goes

Eric: That is the lesson of grab’em-by-the-pussygate.

Eric: Right after the Access Hollywood thing broke, they expected a landslide. Paul Ryan told his caucus he wouldn’t support Trump. Then Trump’s polling remained competitive. And they just moved on.

Jon: Not sure if we’ve gone over this, but Strange cannot run as a write-in:

Big Luther cannot run as a write-in candidate. 'Bama's got a sore-loser law:
"This provision basically allows every candidate only one opportunity to run for an elected position in any given year."https:/*******b1K0xE2eUJ

— Paul Kane (@pkcapitol) November 9, 2017

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/what-will-the-gop-do-about-roy-moore.html


Moore’s campaign lashed out as condemnation rained upon him Thursday, calling the story a “baseless political attack.”

“Judge Roy Moore has endured the most outlandish attacks on any candidate in the modern political arena, but this story in today’s Washington Post alleging sexual impropriety takes the cake."

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/09/roy-moore-republicans-senate-scandal-244753

FRCAction!


Roy Moore luvs it!

FRC Action is the legislative affiliate of Family Research Council.


eurrrgghhhh

Moore defeated the Mitch McConnell and Trump-backed candidate, Luther Strange, in the Alabama GOP Senate primary in September. Trump immediately distanced himself from Strange following his defeat.


Under Alabama law, if he did drop out before the election is held on Dec. 12, his name would still remain on the ballot. He just wouldn’t be certified, even if had the most votes. There’s already some talk that Sen. Luther Strange, who lost to Moore in a primary, could mount a write-in campaign; the state’s “sore loser” law would not prohibit him from doing so. But with Strange having been so soundly rejected in the primary, it’s hard to see a huge surge of Republicans writing in his name, outside of the suburbs of Birmingham. Republicans could also try a write-in campaign for a candidate whom all Alabama Republicans love. (Perhaps a certain sitting U.S. Attorney General would fit the bill?)


http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/11/09/roy_moore_allegations_rock_senate_republicans.html


from the Wonkette corner of the world-

What Are You Going To Do, Republicans, Count The Tree Rings On Roy Moore’s Dick?

November 9, 2017


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...htmare-just-came-true/?utm_term=.c596e74ae62d


The Washington Post just published some downright shocking allegations about Alabama's Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore


And now to Bannon. Saying the former head of Trump's campaign and chief White House adviser delivered the nomination to Moore is giving him too much credit -- Moore already led before Bannon came on-board and made an appearance for him -- but Moore is the kind of candidate Bannon has promised to support in Republican primaries across the country. Bannon is seeking primary challengers to run against basically any Republican incumbent who doesn't call for Sen. Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) removal as majority leader. He's looking for anti-establishment, nationalistic, Trumpian firebrands. But those firebrands also tend to be less vetted, more extreme and prone to spectacular downfalls that cost the GOP seats.


"Steve Bannon is responsible," said Josh Holmes, a former McConnell chief of staff who argued that Bannon has enabled candidates like Moore who are outside the GOP mainstream.


Bannon is threatening to usher in a replay of the GOP's Tea Party primary pains. It may have just started earlier than we expected.

gsgs comment-*snicker*
 
I'm not at all surprised that you think of the charge as being just a friendly little case of sexual predatory behavior by someone in a position of great responsibility, Box. ;)
 
I'm not at all surprised that you think of the charge as being just a friendly little case of sexual predatory behavior by someone in a position of great responsibility, Box. ;)

Although the man did have a position of responsibility, I don't know that this had anything to do with his accusers. On top of that, most of the cases weren't even statutory rape, because the alleged victims were 16 years old, which was and is the age of consent an AL.

The youngest girl MIGHT have a case, but I don't know the situation and the statutes of limitations ran out long ago.
 
"Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus."

Link

I was staying out of it, waiting for more info, then that made my head explode. "Even if he did, it's okay because Bible".
 
You moron. Remind me never to let you around kids.

Did you even read the actual reporting of what happened?

He didn't just "come on" to them, it was full on calculated, predatory sexual assault behavior.

And don't try and minimize it by saying they were just "younger" than him. No shit. Big difference between oh 14 years old and 24 years old.


Probably nobody will do anything. The allegations are about something that happened many years ago and, even if they are true, are really not that big a deal. A single man in his thirties might have come onto some females who were younger than he. That's it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/what-alabamas-age-consent-roy-moore-accused-seducing-14-year-old-2612834
 
Moore, riding on Tromp's base, hates the Gup establishment and vice-versa. But Gups love any Gup vote, no matter how depraved. McConnell told Moore to GTFO but if he doesn't, his vote on the Senate floor will be welcome. Moore's people, Tromp's base, don't care if a candidate brags about (or denies) sexual assaults and ignores laws and courts. He's their guy.

Moore's first accuser was 14 when he allegedly committed the felony of "enticing a child younger than 16 to enter a home with the purpose of proposing sexual intercourse or fondling of sexual and genital parts." He was an assistant D.A. then and met her and her mother in a courthouse, so it's also "under color of authority."

What will happen with Moore? Gups will wave their hands and quiver. He'll be elected. And voters in other states will vote down Gups because they're obviously depraved. How Gups treat Moore tells us all we need to know.
 
Last edited:
You moron. Remind me never to let you around kids.

Did you even read the actual reporting of what happened?

He didn't just "come on" to them, it was full on calculated, predatory sexual assault behavior.

And don't try and minimize it by saying they were just "younger" than him. No shit. Big difference between oh 14 years old and 24 years old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?utm_term=.1655c1a95902
Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she remembers thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” Corfman says she asked Moore to take her home, and he did.

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.
<...>
Corfman described her story consistently in six interviews with The Post. The Post confirmed that her mother attended a hearing at the courthouse in February 1979 through divorce records. Moore’s office was down the hall from the courtroom.
<...>
The legal age of consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16. Under Alabama law in 1979, and today, a person who is at least 19 years old who has sexual contact with someone older than 12 and younger than 15 has committed sexual abuse in the second degree. Sexual contact is defined as touching of sexual or intimate parts. The crime is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail.

The law then and now also includes a section on enticing a child younger than 16 to enter a home with the purpose of proposing sexual intercourse or fondling of sexual and genital parts. That is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
 
I doubt that sexual misconduct will cut any ice with Alabama electors. However, the IRS is after him and they have a very strong case.

Moore established the "Foundation for Moral Law" - a charity. But the sole purpose of that charity has been to pay Moore a direct salary and various benefits. For the enrichment of a single person to be the sole purpose of a charity is illegal.

Further when the charity was short of ready cash it gave Moore a written guarantee that it would pay him $450,000 when it was in funds again. That is deferred income and should have been declared for taxation assessment. It was not. The IRS has asked for its money about $100,000.

Maybe if he is elected the Donald will give him some taxation advice? ;)
 
I doubt that sexual misconduct will cut any ice with Alabama electors. However, the IRS is after him and they have a very strong case.

Moore established the "Foundation for Moral Law" - a charity. But the sole purpose of that charity has been to pay Moore a direct salary and various benefits. For the enrichment of a single person to be the sole purpose of a charity is illegal.

Further when the charity was short of ready cash it gave Moore a written guarantee that it would pay him $450,000 when it was in funds again. That is deferred income and should have been declared for taxation assessment. It was not. The IRS has asked for its money about $100,000.

Maybe if he is elected the Donald will give him some taxation advice? ;)

Or maybe he will get some from Obama's Sec. of the Treasury. :rolleyes:
 
You moron. Remind me never to let you around kids.

Did you even read the actual reporting of what happened?

He didn't just "come on" to them, it was full on calculated, predatory sexual assault behavior.

And don't try and minimize it by saying they were just "younger" than him. No shit. Big difference between oh 14 years old and 24 years old.

I did and will concede the allegation by Corfman was a serious one. However, the others did not involve any attempt at statutory rape and were actually quite innocent.

The encounter was one of several Moore allegedly had with teenage girls when he was an assistant district attorney for Etowah County in northern Alabama, according to the Post. Four women, including Corman, claimed that Moore had pursued them as teenagers. However, Corman's claims made her the youngest alleged victim, and she was the only woman to report that an encounter with Moore went beyond kissing.

“I felt responsible,” said Corfman, who never filed a police report or lawsuit. “I felt like I had done something bad. And it kind of set the course for me doing other things that were bad.”

The other women claim to have been between 16 and 18 years old at the time of their own alleged encounters.


And none of my grandchildren have any complaint about me.
 
He won't drop out and the GOP will happily elect another hypocritical, homophobic, Jesus-loving, racist, child molester. Hell, he might even wind up President!
 
Little to nothing...why should it?

Pols are clearly above the law in most if not every case.
 
It's interesting to note the differences between the way Republicans act when they've been found out sexually harassing women/girls, and the way Democrats react.

Look at Bill O'Reilly and Roy Moore. In both cases they claim it's all a plot to destroy them, that God let them down, they're being persecuted, and so on. Not a gram of personal responsibility anywhere. They and their supporters drag it out for months, if not years.

Compare that to Weinstein, Spacey and Louis C. K. Immediate and unequivocal severing of all ties by people associated with them. Movies not being shown, shows being cancelled, removal from associations, police investigations, and so on.

As we have also seen, supporters or Moore are rallying round him whereas these same people are jeering C.K. and the others even though in both cases, there are only accusations.

Just shows the hypocrisy of the uneducated. But Clinton!
 
even though in both cases, there are only accusations.

It just goes to show you that the partisans are ready to throw you under the bus for an accusation.

As long as you're the right kind of person being accused of the right kind of crime.....

A black kid getting into a fist fight with the cops, pulls a knife on one and gets shot? VICTIM!! RACIST COPS!!!! WHITE PEOPLE ARE NAZIS!!!! CHECK YOUR NAZI PRIVILEGE !!!

LOL...."Progressives" will DIE before they ever admit a black person, muslim or trans person could EVER do anything wrong at all. It's in their partisan interest.

Same way republicans will do for their interest. It's all good as long as one of their good ol' boys is doing it, it's only bad when (D)'s and peasants do it.

Our politics are without principal.....they are just an us vs. them team sport at this point.
 
Last edited:
It just goes to show you that the partisans are ready to throw you under the bus for an accusation.

Yes, the Republicans certainly have mastered this, haven't they?

Have you noticed that Moore's principal accuser is a Republican who claims she voted for Trump?

But, yes, it's just an accusation, by five women, backed up by thirty witnesses but coming out at a highly suspicious time--most likely because this is the first time he's running for something on the greater scene and an expert news source hasn't bothered to check him out in depth before.

But since it's not going to go beyond he said/they said unless he owns up to it (and why should he?) and since this is happening in Alabama, the closest state we can point to as suffering from ingrown, incestuous idiocy in such matters (Moore has been tossed out of office twice already and is back for a third helping), I'm assuming he'll be elected and will serve, with the Republicans in Congress greeting him simply because he's a reactionary Republican vote there.

Nationwide, of course, it will strengthen women's antipathy toward all things Republican, but it won't mean much negatively in Alabama, I don't think.
 
DOStbZaUMAAkVJ8.jpg
BREAKING! Roy Moore’s Accuser Worked for Democratic Leaders and Is Actively Campaigning for Moore’s Opponent
 
And neighbors of Leigh Corfman posted on FB that she has a long history of making false sexual assault claims.
DOSfgqyX0AAvacu.jpg
 
Back
Top