How to remove stuck chia seeds?

Jada59

Literotica Guru
Yeah, I know. A weird question. But...

My gardener and I both love eating chia seeds. If we put them in something disposable, no problem. If we put them in a container with water, mix well and allow to gel overnight, no problem. But...

We both tend to just throw them as is on top of food or a drink and if it's resuable plate, bowl, cup, etc., the damned things weld onto it and I have to soak and scrub like hell to get them off. Today I woke to him having left a trail of them across my white kitchen sink. They seemed to be glued there. I finally got them off with a combination of a dish brush and scraping. But...

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to get those babies off easily? Thanks!

Yeah, I know. A weird question. But...

My gardener and I both love eating chia seeds. If we put them in something disposable, no problem. If we put them in a container with water, mix well and allow to gel overnight, no problem. But...

We both tend to just throw them as is on top of food or a drink and if it's resuable plate, bowl, cup, etc., the damned things weld onto it and I have to soak and scrub like hell to get them off. Today I woke to him having left a trail of them across my white kitchen sink. They seemed to be glued there. I finally got them off with a combination of a dish brush and scraping. But...

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to get those babies off easily? Thanks!

Because chia seeds absorb water and then create a gel, they can stick to ever. little. fucking. thing.

So my trick is to soak the stubborn little buggers. I take a sopping dish rag and place it over the errant little seed to loosen it up. Once in a while, if I had several on my counter, I poured a half a glass of water and was able to wipe it off after 10 minutes.

Also, I've heard that either vegetable oil or white vinegar does the trick, but I haven't tried it. But, vegetable oil/coconut oil is great for removing sticky residue, so it would not surprise me if it also works for the glue that is chia seeds.

Good luck!

Because chia seeds absorb water and then create a gel, they can stick to ever. little. fucking. thing.

So my trick is to soak the stubborn little buggers. I take a sopping dish rag and place it over the errant little seed to loosen it up. Once in a while, if I had several on my counter, I poured a half a glass of water and was able to wipe it off after 10 minutes.

Also, I've heard that either vegetable oil or white vinegar does the trick, but I haven't tried it. But, vegetable oil/coconut oil is great for removing sticky residue, so it would not surprise me if it also works for the glue that is chia seeds.

Good luck!

Thanks! I did get them off of the glass coffee cup by soaking it. Didn't have to soak it for long either.

Back