I love older men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Brat and Grace on this one. It's about building a relationship with a person and seeing where that relationship can and should go. That's not a one-way process (eg, old perv creeping a young girl, or young brainless girl dealing with daddy issues), it's about those two people maybe finding common ground and making adult decisions.

I'm not a saint in this - I've certainly played on the pervy/creepy side of the fence (not that it ever got me anywhere) but if the question is how an older man builds a relationship with a younger woman, well, you do it the same way any two people do. One step at a time, with caring, building of trust, common goals, common interests, and mutual attraction.

besides creepy is a description of a behavoir and has nothing to do with age...although when an older guy acts like a creepy frat boy it is like a neon sign on the behavoir...

I agree.

Time that one has existed on the planet should not be a guiding factor when seeking the person you wish to connect with on an emotional level.

I'm quite surprised that I hadn't found this thread already. I'm a little on the fence on this, I think. I've always slept with & been with guys within about 5 years of my age. (I turn 21 this year), however, most of the guys that I 'look' at are at the very least 10 years older than I am.
I find that most guys around my age, still look like boys, which I'm not really into. Whereas guys that are a fair number of years older than I am, actually look like they've grown up. Even my last boyfriend(25), still had a babyface. I'm not into the 'daddy' thing or anything like that, for the record, either.

I'm not sure I'm 'in' to older guys, but I guess, to me, they're just more aesthetically pleasing. Who knows what the future will hold though? :)

Last edited:
Wow......after reading this thread from the last day or so I am almost afraid to go out and even LOOK at a younger woman. The last thing I want to do is be creepy, I like women and I do look, but most of the truly hot women that I see when I am out are in that 20 to 30 year age range. I am 54 and you guys are making it seem like I would come across as a creepy old perv if I were to try to approach one of them.

Guess I will confine myself to just looking from now on :(

Don't worry, older men: The WHOLE "creepy" thing MELTS AWAY if you have lots of money. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Women.:rolleyes:

Don't worry, older men: The WHOLE "creepy" thing MELTS AWAY if you have lots of money. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's all well and good......except I am just a blue collar guy.....no extra money to be had here :(

So again, I will just go back to lurking and looking......admiring from a safe distance.....out of range of fists and legs:D

Age ...

I'm quite surprised that I hadn't found this thread already. I'm a little on the fence on this, I think. I've always slept with & been with guys within about 5 years of my age. (I turn 21 this year), however, most of the guys that I 'look' at are at the very least 10 years older than I am.
I find that most guys around my age, still look like boys, which I'm not really into. Whereas guys that are a fair number of years older than I am, actually look like they've grown up. Even my last boyfriend(25), still had a babyface. I'm not into the 'daddy' thing or anything like that, for the record, either.

I'm not sure I'm 'in' to older guys, but I guess, to me, they're just more aesthetically pleasing. Who knows what the future will hold though? :)

... difference works both ways; I have LT gf's in 20'-30's and it has to do with individual attraction; more maturity, personality intelligence than physical.I've had several women tell me it is more how they are treated.

Age ...

... difference works both ways; I've had gf's in 20-30's and it more intelligence, maturity, personality than physical; women tell me it's more about how they are treated ...

I don't need a man's money. I've earned my own and provided for myself...and I find your post and your perpetuation of an insulting stereotype to be both disgusting and superlatively unsexy. I guess I'll go find a less cynical man with whom I can share my not-inconsequential wealth.

I don't need a man's money. I've earned my own and provided for myself...and I find your post and your perpetuation of an insulting stereotype to be both disgusting and superlatively unsexy. I guess I'll go find a less cynical man with whom I can share my not-inconsequential wealth.

I agree, money should not be an issue at all. And age neither. I'm not interested in people who care about money.

For me money isn't an issue either.........I was merely pointing out that of someone was looking for a sugar daddy then I was not it.

I have dated women in the past that made a lot more than me and some who made less than me, that never played a part in the relationship at all.

I was merely pointing out that the way people were suddenly talking if I were to see an attractive young lady at a bar then if I tried to approach her I would come across as creepy.......that seems like a 180 from what was stated when the thread started......but if I am going to come off as creepy then I will sit on the sidelines.....been there so long now I am kind of used to it anyway.

Men that are creepy are the ones who come off as creepy, at least with me. A guy twice my age hitting on me with class and assertiveness is not creepy to me. A guy my age just staring at me is.

It's like what Forest Gump said... "creepy is as creepy does". It's not about age, it's about action.

Men that are creepy are the ones who come off as creepy, at least with me. A guy twice my age hitting on me with class and assertiveness is not creepy to me. A guy my age just staring at me is.

It's like what Forest Gump said... "creepy is as creepy does". It's not about age, it's about action.

I love this and it makes me feel better. I sometimes have a habit of hitting on younger women (I'm around so many of them). And I saw your earlier post about understanding when the women is not interested. But I have sometimes found some that are. As you know, I like to be nice, gentlemanly, and clear :)

Happy new year my friend.

And I think you owe my pm a response about your changes. :)

I love this and it makes me feel better. I sometimes have a habit of hitting on younger women (I'm around so many of them). And I saw your earlier post about understanding when the women is not interested. But I have sometimes found some that are. As you know, I like to be nice, gentlemanly, and clear :)

Happy new year my friend.

And I think you owe my pm a response about your changes. :)

Why wouldn't a guy hit on a younger woman? It totally makes sense to me.

Putting aside personal preferences which are totally understandable, but regarding the "dirty old man" kind of cliches - I wonder if they're often symptomatic of cliched kinda provincial attitudes in general that some people have.

I find that when I'm away on work assignments and a stranger in a much bigger city, it is much easier to relate to women of any age in a relaxed way. Interestingly they are, I'd say 90% of the time, themselves relatively new to the environment, often travellers from overseas. It is more unusual to make contact so easily with long-time residents of that city. It's somehow as though in that melting pot, differences of age, ethnicity, whatever seem to be irrelevant. It could also be to some degree that I am naturally more stimulated and alive.

Amazingly also, they often seem to appreciate not being vomited over by about three in the morning, which I eradicated from my dating techniques quite a few decades ago.

But anyway, I know that in my own little neck of the woods if I was suddenly to announce that I was dating a woman say 25 years younger than myself, there would be some rather interesting conversations going on behind my back.

Why wouldn't a guy hit on a younger woman? It totally makes sense to me.

That's what I was thinking too but of you read some of the posts from the last day or so it is almost like they have changed their minds. I don't get to be out often but when I do I am usually with a group that is about 20 years younger than me to begin with.

This means I am around that age group and have the best chance of meeting them but if I am going to be the creepy old guy hitting on the younger ladies then I will just sit and admire......I don't stare I KNOW that will get me on the creep list for sure.

That's what I was thinking too but of you read some of the posts from the last day or so it is almost like they have changed their minds. I don't get to be out often but when I do I am usually with a group that is about 20 years younger than me to begin with.

This means I am around that age group and have the best chance of meeting them but if I am going to be the creepy old guy hitting on the younger ladies then I will just sit and admire......I don't stare I KNOW that will get me on the creep list for sure.

There are other girls like me, who totally are into older guys. But I'm also into ASSEERTIVE guys....so if you were just sitting on the sideline, not willing to take a chance, you would totally blow any chance with me

I agree CuteBrat........a guy twice your age is going to come to you far differently than a young horny guy in most cases.......it comes with the maturity and confidence of knowing yourself.....understanding your needs and emotions....your hungers.....and providing you the space to exhale and feel safe....to trust completely........

There are other girls like me, who totally are into older guys. But I'm also into ASSEERTIVE guys....so if you were just sitting on the sideline, not willing to take a chance, you would totally blow any chance with me

I personally think it is pretty obvious when a woman needs assertive......It is not something that can be assumed.......but it is something in her eyes.....the way she moves.......for me I love all of the nuances women who are sexually hungry bring.....subtle or blatant......it's all good.........

On the creepy thing, I honestly don't see why the age difference is such a big deal. I went out with friends a few nights ago, and there was a guy not much older than us, who made us feel a lot more 'creeped out' than any older man has before. Definitely just depends on the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back