Immortal Love

Deacon Frost

He finished the song and smiled at Samira, then started to play another song, he had noticed that the people was watching him, but this was not work so he didn't use the energies, he just played whatever came to mind.
 
She pondered dancing but chose to wait till their establishment was finished and they finally had a real home here for a while. She smiled sitting back listening to the music as he played.
 
Deacon Frost

It was with a weary sigh that he finally finished and some of the patrons even applauded him, he smiled at them and nodded his head.

"Seems we have a passionate people here Samira."
 
Should prove most entertaining Deacon and very profitable for the three of us.

Smiling she watched him for a moment before glancing to her young aid and then the rest of the patrons.

This will prove most interesting when our establishment is complete and they can see my dancing as well as your playing.
 
Deacon Frost

He picked up a cup with water and raised in salute to Samira

"To the Desert Flower and the passion of the people. May fortune smile on all they do"
 
Samira laughed at his gesture shaking her head.

So strange at times Deacon

She reached and pat his arm smiling to him.
 
Deacon Frost

He grinned at her

"Being a boring man would make me less interesting my dear and we can not have the Wanderer be anything else."

He winked and drank the water, hailed the waitress over and asked for more water. He watched her leave and smiled,

"Her husband is a very lucky man."

He sat back in his chair
 
At hearing that she stood motioning to her aid to follow her as she went to check on their building. It was not as though they were together nor was she with her aid in any real way so why should she care. She just held no interest in watching him try to see if he could get killed or whatever.

We will meet you there if you choose to join us.
 
Deacon Frost

He looked up at her and nodded, this was a surprise, why would a comment send her into such a hurry? He watched them leave as did quite a large number of men. He shrugged and thanked the waitress as she brought him his water, he gave her the money they owed for the meal and asked for a place where he could find clothing. He sat there, mulling over all the things that had happened since they had arrived here. Something was happening, he just wasn't sure what
 
Walking along she spoke with some of the workmen and the one seeming to call all the shots and made sure that progress was efficient safe and as quickly as possible. Slowly learning from her aid the language and to understand about certain things. The young man was certainly protective of her when the workmen were near them. She felt somewhat safe though it seemed the workmen were less fearful of the lad and perhaps more of his father possibly not allowing them in his shop if they are not polite and kind to the outsiders and his son.
 
Deacon Frost

It was later, much later when he finally made it back to his room. He had spend most of his time looking after Samira, but when it was obvious that the presence of the young man dissuaded many of the men to bother her, he searched for a tailor, found one that he liked and now returned with new sets of clothing. He mused that if he started a good tailoring company under a different name and employed people of particular skill he should make quite a sum for some years. He wasn't looking where he was going as he was deep in thought and almost bumped into Samira, he stopped just in time as her perfume reached him and he smiled brightly at her, speaking in her mother tongue

"Ah Desert Rose, you are also satisfied with the building?"
 
She was lost in thought as well pausing in her footsteps from time to time as the young man touched her arm. She liked how things were going for now. She was still as always puzzled by Deacon but that was becoming as common as breathing so it mattered little for now. She would seek to figure out those little quirk moments later. Hearing his voice she smiled snapping from her thoughts and nodded

Yes I am pleased with the building though why do you call me that instead of my name Deacon?
 
Deacon Frost

His smile broadened

"You do not like my name for you Samira?"

He glanced at the young man who stood there dumbfounded and switched to English

"I just like the name, if you wish I will not use it anymore."
 
Using both is fine I guess Deacon.

She laughed a little as she squeezed the young mans hand a little and smiled to him.

So when do we open our new business?
 
Deacon Frost

"Building should be finished in three weeks, then decorations should take a week."

He smiled brightly at her,

"We can always make a living by performing right here, I am sure the extra business would be welcome."
 
She smirked at him.

What you think I should just start dancing here?

She glanced around noticing that the young man was both worried yet curious.

Run speak with your father see if he would be interested in a single week of performing splitting the money 50 50.

The boy reluctantly took off as she looked back to Deacon.

Sound good to you?
 
Deacon Frost

He waggled his hand to and fro

"You will make the man rich, but it should work for now."

He leaned back, resting his old shoes on the chair opposite him, placing his hands behind his head.
 
Good then he will retire and one less place to compete with.

She laughed doubting it would work like that but it was something she had heard said before she met Deacon. The young man hurried over a worried look on his face as he looked to Deacon first before telling her that it would be best if she retract the offer to dance in this place.
 
Deacon Frost

He chuckled at her statement and then leaned forward at the young man's words,

"And why is that?"
 
He simply shook his head no to Deacon and pointed to his father and back to Samira where he hoped she could not see and he shook his head no again. His father staring with a strange grin on his face.
 
Deacon Frost

Deacon arched an eyebrow

"That is not very polite of him."

He got to his feet and stretched out,

"Come Samira, let us take our patronage where it will be appreciated as well as our deal to perform."
 
Samira shrugged.

Very well. Is there a problem?

The young man left Deacon no time to offer her an answer but simply said his father was not willing to agree to any deal. Once she was out and walking in front of them which he seemed to almost demand without offering that appearance and the two of them behind her he looked to Deacon and whispered.

Father seemed most certain that since you do not act as love... couple... wed...

He tried to seek a word that would not offend

He suspected that Samira was slave and wanted only to offer more money than she said she would be worth being so far from home or simply take her from the foreigner. That is why I turned down his offer and did not wish to speak it in front of her. Never let her return there alone please.
 
Deacon Frost

Deacon nodded,

"Seems like you have gotten that job young man, you are working for her now remember."

He flashed a quick grin,

"Take her someplace safe and come help me move our stuff out, I'll start packing."

He adjusted his guitar and his sword, then turned and moved back with intent.
 
The young man nodded and ran back over to Samira. She smiled as they walked along and he kept eyes focused to find a place he knew they would be safe. Finally locating a place he spoke to the owner explaining that there were three of them needing shelter and privacy for a few days getting shown to chambers he then went back to help Deacon.
 
Deacon Frost

The moment he entered the owner came rushing to him, shouting at how he had not been paid, drawing a lot of attention from the patrons. Deacon smiled coldly and in the blink of an eye the older man was looking down the shiny steel of Deacon's sword.

"You accuse me? After we have made a deal? After I return? My honor will not take such an insult."

The man immediately recalled the pompous guards who did not wish anything to do with this man and he blanched. Didn't the old tales tell how the Wanderer could kill a man so fast that he did not even realize that he was dead? Slowly he backed away, begging for mercy and for his life, Deacon gave him a cold smile and sheathed his sword with one fluid motion. He pulled free a pouch of coins and placed them on the table.

"That is what we owe you, to the last cencerti, I will forgive you this once, cross me again..."

He let the threat hang and moved away to their rooms to start packing.
 
Back
Top