If you love the kids, you’ll arm the teachers!

That’s why I spotted you an extra 2 hours outside of class... and that’s STILL only 7 hrs/day for 9 months... your assumption of 8-3 INCLUDES those planning periods they’re given for that purpose.

You would be better served to just say that you have no idea what teachers do.

Teachers shoot up schools, too. Where does this solve violence with more guns come from? In fact, where's the money to train teachers shooting under the stress of a terror attack going to come from? Is the NRA going to pay for it, or give free shooting lessons to teachers?

This isn't even a plan. We can't afford glue sticks for the students, lets give the teachers guns to open fire in crouded classrooms, without proper training.

I'm sure that'll lower casualties. Better yet, let's give them shotguns, and machineguns, so they don't even have to aim.

hr2fIDN.jpg

the number of school shootings that have happened since the year 2000 around the world:

ENGLAND: 0
GREECE: 1
NETHERLANDS: 1
SPAIN: 1
INDIA: 1
ARGENTINA: 1
RUSSIA: 1
CHINA: 3
MEXICO: 4
AUSTRALIA: 5
CANADA: 5
GERMANY: 5
SOUTH AFRICA: 5
USA: 213

I don't need to be PAID to protect myself. Nor is it an "extra responsibility".
To be the armed guard of a classroom full of kids is not an extra responsibility? There would not be an expectation that an armed teacher use their weapon to protect the class, and not just themselves?

the number of school shootings that have happened since the year 2000 around the world:

where is ireland in the chart? bog trotting cunts cant even organise a decent massacre?

Teachers shoot up schools, too. Where does this solve violence with more guns come from? In fact, where's the money to train teachers shooting under the stress of a terror attack going to come from? Is the NRA going to pay for it, or give free shooting lessons to teachers?

This isn't even a plan. We can't afford glue sticks for the students, lets give the teachers guns to open fire in crouded classrooms, without proper training.

I'm sure that'll lower casualties. Better yet, let's give them shotguns, and machineguns, so they don't even have to aim.

I'm starting to think that having one teacher per school carry a concealed gun isn't a bad idea.

It's an abnormal measure, but we're not talking about normal times here.
It's clear that more school shootings will happen, American schools are, in a sense in a war mode. You never know when and where the next attack might happen.

I don't need to be PAID to protect myself. Nor is it an "extra responsibility".

It's dumbass remarks like this that cloud the conversation.

I do agree that training should be available for those who want it. The local Sheriff can do it at his range with the same firearms trainers he uses to qualify and evaluate his officers. Who, presumably, ARE sufficiently "trained" to deal with an active shooter.

Doing that and getting rid of the laws that have shown they don't stop school shootings would go a long way to preventing more of these in the future.

It's not about self protection if you're packing on a campus, dipshit. You're protecting other people. Also this isn't about you, Captain Superego.

To be the armed guard of a classroom full of kids is not an extra responsibility? There would not be an expectation that an armed teacher use their weapon to protect the class, and not just themselves?

Nope.

If I'm in a restaurant and a shooter comes in, it's not someone elses responsibility to protect me by throwing their defenseless selves in the line of fire. Nor is it an extra burden for me to protect myself by being armed.

If being armed and prepared to defend myself ends up protecting the other restaurant patrons that's all well and good. But the emphasis is on my protecting ME wherever I am. If that's in a classroom with 20 scared kids, that's ok too. I have no problem protecting others at the same time I'm protecting myself.

Expectation that the teacher will protect the kids and not themselves? When that guy with a gun comes through the door there's no way to tell who he's looking for. If he comes in waving his gun, I'm going to expect that he's looking for me (even if I don't know him) and act accordingly. Again, if that results in the kids getting protection they don't have now, I'm ok with that. You should be too. Because that's a much better possible outcome that an unarmed teacher throwing themselves in the line of fire just to be the one who dies first while the rest of the class watches.

You seem to think that if we just throw more money at the problem it will go away. MONEY (or a badge) doesn't give anyone courage. We saw that in Parkland.

It's obvious that the idea of handing out guns to every employee at a school would be a bad idea but there are a percentage of them that are gun owners that probably hunt and go to the shooting range on a regular basis. Of those individuals, I could see them taking advantage of free range time & training at their local police station. Also, those that do decide to conceal carry should be able to write off their gun & ammo as tax expenses.

Additionally, instead of waiting for money from the State or Federal government, I would have no problem if local fundraisers were set up to raise money for ballistic vests for those teachers or for upgrades to the school itself to make it more secure.

Last edited:
It's not about self protection if you're packing on a campus, dipshit. You're protecting other people. Also this isn't about you, Captain Superego.

The reason I have a CCW permit is for self defense. I'm not a cop and do not have the authority or mandate that a cop has. Thus, under the law I can ONLY defend myself or others who are in imminent danger of death. This is the law just about everywhere.

This would not change for teachers who are given carry permits so they can carry in the classroom. They are not cops and would not have the duty/obligations that cops have.

Nope.

If I'm in a restaurant and a shooter comes in, it's not someone elses responsibility to protect me by throwing their defenseless selves in the line of fire. Nor is it an extra burden for me to protect myself by being armed.

If being armed and prepared to defend myself ends up protecting the other restaurant patrons that's all well and good. But the emphasis is on my protecting ME wherever I am. If that's in a classroom with 20 scared kids, that's ok too. I have no problem protecting others at the same time I'm protecting myself.

Expectation that the teacher will protect the kids and not themselves? When that guy with a gun comes through the door there's no way to tell who he's looking for. If he comes in waving his gun, I'm going to expect that he's looking for me (even if I don't know him) and act accordingly. Again, if that results in the kids getting protection they don't have now, I'm ok with that. You should be too. Because that's a much better possible outcome that an unarmed teacher throwing themselves in the line of fire just to be the one who dies first while the rest of the class watches.

You seem to think that if we just throw more money at the problem it will go away. MONEY (or a badge) doesn't give anyone courage. We saw that in Parkland.
Check out Tim Rambo!

So you don't think violent crimes happen in those other countries. A lot of people are getting their heads cut off by drug cartels in Mexico.

White farmers in South Africa are getting violently attacked each day.

India is exploding with rapes.

Violent crimes per 100,000 people in the US is half the amount as England & Wales.

Etc & etc.

Your affinity for a toothless and defenseless non-response to school shootings is an indictment of your failure. Shut the fuck up, your ‘Gun Free Zones’ have killed enough students and teachers alike, it’s time for an adult response.

Do we know for certain that it was a gun free zone?

Well, either get rid of the second or live with it then.

The one thing all the countries with low rates of shooting have in common is none of them have a 2nd

So you don't think violent crimes happen in those other countries. A lot of people are getting their heads cut off by drug cartels in Mexico.

White farmers in South Africa are getting violently attacked each day.

India is exploding with rapes.

Violent crimes per 100,000 people in the US is half the amount as England & Wales.

Etc & etc.

We live in America for a reason. If you want to compare America to those 3rd world nations, that sets the bar extremely low.

Throwing money at an armed asailant rarely ends well.

I dunno about that. The police say that if you are confronted by an armed robber, just give him the money he's demanding.

Seems to work out well for the robber in just about every case.

Do we know for certain that it was a gun free zone?

:rolleyes:

It was IN A SCHOOL. By Federal Law, it's a GUN FREE ZONE.

Seriously, some people shouldn't be allowed internet access. It makes us all look stupid to the aliens who intercept and read this shit.

It was IN A SCHOOL. By Federal Law, it's a GUN FREE ZONE.

Seriously, some people shouldn't be allowed internet access. It makes us all look stupid to the aliens who intercept and read this shit.

If that's your position, you shouldn't be posting.

A "gun free zone" doesn't mean there are no guns there. Most high schools have at least one armed officer on campus, sometimes more and it's not a secret that there are armed cops on campus during the school day.

Suspect is a sad sack kid who showed plenty of warning signs, of course...

A "gun free zone" doesn't mean there are no guns there. Most high schools have at least one armed officer on campus, sometimes more and it's not a secret that there are armed cops on campus during the school day.

There was an armed officer in the Texas school. He's currently in a critical condition in hospital.

Yea, because not having a gun available would just be stupid and neglectful. Come to think of it, one guy with a gun in a campus of probably a thousand or more students is pretty neglectful too. Gee, the idea of one gun for that many students doesn’t sound exactly smart. Hmmm, maybe arming the teachers might turn fish in a barrel into survivors who were given a fighting chance.

Yea, because not having a gun available would just be stupid and neglectful. Come to think of it, one guy with a gun in a campus of probably a thousand or more students is pretty neglectful too. Gee, the idea of one gun for that many students doesn’t sound exactly smart. Hmmm, maybe arming the teachers might turn fish in a barrel into survivors who were given a fighting chance.

It seems like you were answering a question that I wasn't asking. There could have been 2 or 3 armed officers on campus, my point being that this wasn't a place free of guns. The shooter knew there was at least one gun there, possibly more, and that didn't seem to deter him.

Back