What Are You Listening To Now? 6.0

Pearl Jam-Deep from Canberra 1995. One of my favorite versions of Deep :D Rotterdam 92 is up there too though and so is the one from Washington DC 95.
 
Sabaton - Midway

https://youtu.be/h_5sK6VK0Hg

I love these guys. I hate these guys. Three of their albums (Art of War, Coat of Arms and Carolus Rex) end up pretty often in my CD player. Their simple, synth-heavy brand of metal is perfect for workouts, home chores or parties. They put a ton of research into their lyrics. They mainly deal with war, in a mostly unbiased manner, which is laudable, especially in a genre of music which likes to stress the definition of bad taste.

But... they have grown complacent. Like I said, their style is rather simple, which in itself isn't bad. Fuck, AC/DC made a whole career out of straight, kick-ass numbers. But the Sabaton boys lack the songwriting skills of the Young brothers. Their last two albums sounded like "Greatest Hits" or self-covers, with interchangeable melodies, too many same-sounding synths and only two speed modes - the fast song and the mid-tempo number. Which is a pity and the same issue I have with Powerwolf. But that's a rant for another post.
 
Tool-Parabola
I love Tool, but do I love them enough to go see them? They're playing the closest city to me, only about 30 minutes away, but I don't know if I want to go.
 
Tool-Parabola
I love Tool, but do I love them enough to go see them? They're playing the closest city to me, only about 30 minutes away, but I don't know if I want to go.

From what I've heard, a Tool gig is a feast of sounds and sights, they include projectors and all that fancy stuff. I'm more a casual fan, with only Lateralus and 10,000 days in my collection, but I'd go in a heartbeat just for the musicality alone.

Almost forgot:

Soilwork - Stålfågel (live)

https://youtu.be/EhgDVPeuDFM

I'm still digesting their latest album, but this is a clear winner. The animated (non-live) music video is pretty rad too, or so I've been told.
 
Last edited:
Black Cab's "1970"

From their "Altamont Diary" album. Like my previous contribution here about "Growing Old Is Getting Old" by Silversun Pickups, it's a journey. In this case, more than 10 minutes long.
 
Ambient music to keep the natives from getting restless.

Happy day all. Peace, love and happiness.
 
From what I've heard, a Tool gig is a feast of sounds and sights, they include projectors and all that fancy stuff. I'm more a casual fan, with only Lateralus and 10,000 days in my collection, but I'd go in a heartbeat just for the musicality alone.

Almost forgot:

Soilwork - Stålfågel (live)

https://youtu.be/EhgDVPeuDFM

I'm still digesting their latest album, but this is a clear winner. The animated (non-live) music video is pretty rad too, or so I've been told.

I'm thinking I probably will if my son is here. He's not sure when he wants to take his leave. He says either when Tool is here so we can go see them, or when his girlfriend graduates. Choices right? hehehe

Two of my friends saw Tool with Primus a couple years ago and they said it was pretty amazing. Said Maynard wore like a black leather police uniform and he stood with his back to the audience the whole show. He's so odd.


Talk you out of it - Florida Georgia Line

And the answer is yes, yes go see Tool. :heart:

I really think I want to. I enjoy Tool, probably listen to them and The Beatles the most when I'm home, although my favorite band is Pearl Jam...probably...
 
The low hum of my computer and the slide of the mouse across its pad. A jet engine. Birds chirping as they rise.
 
Eternal Flame. [the Bangles ?]
The same version is also under Atomic Kitten, for some obscure reason.
 
Back
Top